Chapter 23

I attended Kanae's funeral.

Before that...

+-|-+

Visiting a flower shop to buy flowers, I could not decide what to buy so I bought every single type of flower.

+-|-+

Her funeral was very pleasant.

Wait, maybe the correct sentance was,

Her funeral is the most pleasurable one that I will remember.

When I arrived, I saw Shinobu averting my glance. When it started, as I walked a few more steps to place my flowers, Sanemi rushed forward and pushed me to the ground.

"Why didn't you save her, huh!? If you could defeat 50 plus demons without trying, HOW CAN YOU NOT SAVE HER!?" he shouted.

Standing up, I placed the flowers but he kicked them aside.

"YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE HERE! YOU HURT HER AND LET HER DIE! LEAVE NOW!"

"Sanemi...That's so unflamboyant of you!"

"I agree with Uzui-san!"

" Shinazugawa...Do you think my sister wanted this?" Shinobu asked.

Everyone froze as Shinobu continued, "(Y/N) was a little sister to me and Kanae. Kanae cared for her. Although we were not blood-relate siblings, we cared and loved for each other like siblings. So, I ask you again, do you think my sister wanted this? Do you think my sister wanted to see this?"

I did not know what happened next as I left.

Thank you, Shinobu, for standing up for me.