Chapter 43

I woke up in a strange place. Japanese buildings and rooms were everywhere stuff in the place, each one different than the others. Some were upside down, some were torn apart and more. As I placed my hand on my head, the memories flooded back to me. Gasping, I checked my right arm and it was there. My outfit was blood stained at my katana was next to me. The only thing different was that my complexion was paler, my nails sharper and I had fangs.

Looking around, I noticed a demonic woman. Her long silky black hair covered her face except her mouth and she was wearing a black kimono and holding a biwa. "Hey demon miss! Where are we? Can you get me out?"

"I'm afraid she can't."

A cold, icy voice spoke up and I turned to my left to find the one and only Kibutsuji Muzan.

He was a tall man with a lean muscular build along with an unnaturally pale skin complexion and for a second, I thought he was sick, but then, I mentally slapped himself because from my simple knowledge, he was a demon of course. He had curly black hair, and sharp, almond-shaped eyes while his cat-like, piercing red irises gazed at me.

Immediately, I unsheathed my katana and he scoffed, "I'm the demon king, and your just a weak pathetic demon."

Irking, I held myself back as I shot him the most dreadful and deadliest glare I could manage. "What do you want from me?"

"I heard you had an illness and you wanted to live, am I right?"

He hit the bullseye but I kept silent, not showing any emotions. He continued, "What's not a better cure to the illness than become a demon?"

"Wrong. Illness are in this world to sustain the cycle of life. Becoming a demon breaks it. If I had to choose between becoming a demon or dying, I choose the latter."

Hissing, he summoned a-

"WHAT IN THE TARNATION IS THAT PIECE OF SAUSAGE-LIKE FLESH!?" I screamed as I jumped back while using my katana to slice it.

"You're the one that's wrong. Becoming a demon is the best. You live forever-"

"You'll never see the sun again." I pointed out and he launched the sausage flesh thingy at me again.

"You can't die-"

"You can from decapitation and the sun."

"You can become stronger and regenerate because you have no limitations-"

"You can't regenerate your head."

Sighing, he said, "The point is, join me. Stand by my side-"

"OVER MY DEAD BODY!" I hollered back and I ran away.

Muzan's POV:

This girl...Well, sooner or later she'll come back to me when the Corps do't accept her anymore.

Back to Y/N:

I didn't want to think of this, but being demon was actually pretty decent. I could run faster and faster with no stamina and I could jump higher that Himejima.

No, I mentally slapped myself once more. I have to find a way out-

A biwa was played, doors shut, walls moved, many things moved, actually.

This place...if the biwa was played multiple times, this fortress, or castle, could become infinite. I'm calling the Infinity Castle.

"Just run in one direction, avoid obstacles and you can get out (Y/N)." I muttered to myself before taking off again.