Chapter 39

It was more of...

Astraea finding me first along with the others.

"This is bad..." she murmured.

"What's bad Astraea?" I asked quietly.

"You are showing your emotions when you're not supposed to! Don't you understand idiot?" Akira shouted as she bonked me on my head, which I winced and rubbed that spot.

"I'm blaming that snake demon for this. Anyone wanna come to bring justice for (Y/N)?" Atsushi annnounced.

"Count me in. I have a coffin for him." Tomoko responded.

"So...what's going to happen Astraea?" Harumi queried while Atsushi, Tomoko and Kaede proceeded to plan their mission to do who-know-what.

"She's going to die, but when she first shows the symptoms, Muzan would probably know a day or two later. Then, he'll seize the opportunity to turn her into a demon."

"Which we do not want that to happen!" Kaede piped up.

My eyes widened. No, I don't want to be a demon! I don't want to eat innocent people or my demon slayer comrades! How about Muichiro? I can't bear to...

"Chill, we'll try our best not to let it happen." Tomoko comforted me as she patted my shoulder.

"What if it does...?" I muttered.

"Burn yourself in the sun, then join us to find another soul for Astraea." Atsushi suggested.

"It is a tedious process. The more, the merrier!" Harumi chirped.

"Also, Astraea...Why did you choose us?" I questioed.

"Well...I chose Harumi first to experience life in Japan after visiting other countries and I liked living in Japan. Then, I chose the others to help defeat the demons and also be in Japan by watching through them. Akira for her wide vocabulary so I could learn a bit more about Japan Language-"

"She's known as the Knave amongst us!" Kaede butted in and Akira turned red.

"SHUT UP! First of, I AM NOT A MAN. Secondly, I'M NOT DISRESPECTFUL!" Akira yelled and all of us rolled our eyes.

"As I was saying, I chose Kaede as his strength was amazing, Atsushi for his incredible speed and stamina, Tomoko for her flexibility and you, my dear (Y/N), for your qualities."

"Huh?" I was confused.

"You are kind, sweet and innocent-"

"Until she gets corrupted by Atsushi..." Harumi said as soft as an ant, but I heard it, and was very confused.

"I could tell you were those when I entered your mind as an unborn child." Astraea smiled and I was bewildered.

Then, Astraea hushed the others, who were still busy planning to do something, and swiped her finger in the air. Instantly, her fingers made ripples like when a stone gets thrown in the water and a picture appeared.

It was a calm and serene garden on a peaceful island, with animals living their lives as usual.

"It's so...peaceful...That was my mind when I was an unborn child?" I stared happily.

"Yes. That's why she chose you." Atsushi responded.

"Now, wake up, and live the last few months or weeks or days of your life, (Y/N)"

-----

Hello there dear readers who are reading this out of boredom!

I'll be going overseas to Japan in like, a day or two, so I won't be updating for a week (give or take a few days).

Sayonara!