Chapter 30

Not the outcome I was expecting.

Master Ubuyashi told me to work harder and someday I might kill Uppermoon 2. After that, Shinazugawa was mad.

Very very mad. First, he nearly hit me cause I didn't defeat Uppermoon 2. When he learnt that the demon killed Kanae...

We got into a fight but got stopped by Shinobu who told me, "It's alright. You can try harder next time." But I knew, inside, she was seething in anger.

Good news, I didn't get sacked.

Bad news, I feel like Tomioka Giyu 2.0 all because I didn't defeat Uppermoon 2. The only ones who were still kind to me were Shinobu, Kanroji and (sometimes) sweet kind Muichiro and Himejima.

Soon, Aki came with another mission. I arrived at the town earlier and saw some other Demon Slayers which I ignored. Night fell and I started to look for the demon. 

When I found it, it was trying its best to kill the Slayers but the Slayers were...

In nice terms, mediocre.

But I would ask them why in the world are they in the Corps in the first place.

They're weak. A simple Lowermoon 6 and yet they can't defeat it. I defeated it without using my breathing style and left before they bombarded me with questions on how to be better.

Back in the village, I went to an Inn to stay there for the night.

They inn was fairly comfortable and well-kept. The rooms were tidy and the people were polite. In the morning, I realised that they haven't had a customer in ages and they might close down. Due to this, I handed money in a pouch but little did they know I paid ten times as much as what I was supposed to pay.

Leaving, I went back home to actually rest peacefully without one demon trying to murder anyone.