Bonding

Chapter 20
"Carter." I whisper as I pull away to face him. His hair was a mess, shirt was wrinkled and stained. Tears were also rolling down his cheeks. I feel myself crying also.

"I'm sorry." I say engulfing him into a hug. " I shouldn't have said any of that. It wad none of my business." I say between tear. "No you were right. It was my fault." he croaks out. I feel my chest clench, and my throat becomes clogged and heavy. He looks and sounds so weak. Carter is never weak. I caused this and I feel horrible. I didn't realize how hard I was crying till I heard Carter's voice reassuring me that everything was okay.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. It's not your fault Carter. It never was and will never be. I just got mad and it all spilled out. I had no right. I really didn't. I shouldn't have used it all the against you. It was wrong of me." I say still tearing up.

"It's okay baby sis. I know you didn't mean to. Your not that type of person." He whispers. We spend a few more minutes talking. Carter stands up after a while and stretches. He gives me his hand and pulls me up off the ground. "Come on Romeo's waiting." I let out a groan. "Don't call him that." I mumble. Carter ignores me and just keeps on repeating the name.

We continue walking till we were out of the woods. Hunter was still there sitting on his bike frowning and yelling into his phone. "I don't care Ricardo! Find him! I want that prick alive!" he yells. He ends the conversation once he sees us.

Cater gives Hunter a nod before getting into his car and driving off. I didn't see the car before. How did it get there? I snap out of my thoughts by when I hear Hunter's voice. "Get on." he commands holding out his helmet.

I did as told and got on. After a few minutes we were at his place. I got off and gave him his helmet back. I stay in place as he gets off. I start squirming around. He stops and inspects me with a curious look. "Who's Ricardo." I blurt out.

He frowns, and clenches his jaw. I stare at it as it twitches worried. "No one." he says harshly before passing me, walking out of the garage into the house. I continue staring at the door that he just slammed close shocked.

I stay there for a while, then walk over to the door and walk in. All I saw was Caleb and Carter watching T.V. and Jillian play with some dolls on the carpet. I walk up to them. "Do you guys know where Hunter is?" I ask.

"Yeah he went up to his room. He seems mad. Is everything alright?" he asks. I ignore his question and run upstairs. "Your welcome!" I hear Caleb yell behind me. I walk up to Hunter's room and was about to knock, when a gun goes off.

I freeze at the door, but I still slowly open it. In there stood Hunter with a gun in his hand and a guys body at his feet. The body was still and bleeding. He hears the door and looks up at me. He then drops the gun and runs towards me but I quickly shut the door and run to my room and lock it. I hear banging at my door but the sound starts to fade away as I black out from shock.