Chapter 4- Blind Insanity

Boston Secure Hospital, September 7, 1898
Three years had passed since Captain Archibald Witwicky led his crew to the Arctic Circle. The once feared pirate was reduced to a raving madman that eventually led to him becoming a patient in a psychiatric ward. No one truly believed his discovery of a "giant iceman," not even his own son, Clarence who sent them there. Witwicky's personal effects, comprised of a quadrant, a sextant, and his glasses, were given to Clarence and the rest of the Witwicky family. With his father's psychological problems, Clarence made himself the new head of the family and had the pirate captain's possessions put into storage.

Witwicky had also completely lost his vision because of the discovery he had made. Shortly after filling out paper after paper of strange symbols, Witwicky's eyesight began to cease completely. He strapped onto a hospital bed in order to limit his movement due to him being a danger to himself and others. The door in his room opened up as he heard two men walk inside. "Hello, Captain Witwicky," greeted one of them. "I am Theodore Joseph Wells and this is my colleague Walter Simmons. We wish to talk to you about your... discovery."

"No Sacrifice, No Victory!"

Witwicky's eyes widened in surreal shock as he stared at a giant white metal face with a black helmet.

Some kind of noise emanated which Witwicky turned to see it was coming from the being's frozen open mouth.

The being's cyan eyes lit up and flashed Witwicky in the face which made him scream.

Later
"I tell you, I saw the face of the devil!" proclaimed the former pirate captain. "Its eyes burned! And that... was the last thing I saw!" Reaching to open his case, Wells disagreed, "That's not quite true, is it, Captain Witwicky? According to your crew, you retained a measure of sight for some three months after your voyage..." He pulled out papers filled with symbols that Witwicky had drawn long ago as he continued skeptically, "During which time you had already filled out 176 pages with these. Curious designs, do you know what they mean?" Witwicky gave a look of disbelief as he repeated, "Mean? I was possessed by that thing! Looked into my soul! Turned me inside out! Made me see the future! Their War, Our World!" Having heard enough, both Wells and Simmons left the psychotic former pirate's ward before they could hear any more of his insane rambling.

Hours Later
"Irredeemably insane, brought on the extreme vigors of the voyage," said Simmons, sitting next to Wells at the table looking at papers in their base of operations. "At least, that's what we'll put out. We've already isolated the other pirates, discredited them if they said they saw something." Standing up, Wells asked, "So... you believe him?" Simmons joins in and answered, "Yes. Only question is what exactly." They left the room as Simmons asked, "When do we leave?" Wells responded, "Morning tide. The legislation is giving us unlimited funds for this thing." Simmons inquired, "Not just us, huh?" His partner responded, "They're bringing in an entire strategic team with two cargo ships. Better you kiss your wife and kids, 'cause you're not going to be seeing them for a while." The two walked past several relics and artifacts, including a broken piece of a gold metallic record. They went through the door as Simmons closes and added, "At this point in time, nothing is ever going to be the same again!"

Arctic Circle, 1899
A makeshift facility had been hard at work, digging through the very spot where the former pirate Captain Archibald Witwicky had found his "giant iceman," who was now currently been partially excavated. The being's upper chest with a strange red symbol and black shoulders with white patterns and spikes have been exposed from the ice. The mining team have been calling the iceman "Mega-Man," or rather Wells has. "Where is he?" asked one of them. Another pointed to the mining escalator which was under the frozen ground and answered, "He's talking to it again." The first miner commented, "He's a man obsessed if you ask me." The second man replied, "I didn't."

Simmons held up a flare as he looked up at the Mega-Man in all of its glory. "It won't be long now. As soon as the environmental dome is complete, we can start the excavation properly. Then you and I are going to make history!" His flare reflected off of Mega-Man's eyes, making it seem as if it was looking down at Simmons.

Somewhere In England, 1898
Two meteorites flew over the night sky as two people with binoculars looked up in awe. "They've come back at last," beamed one of them. "We must bring them to the castle at once!" The two went to their St. Louis Gasoline Buggy and drove on their way to the meteorites.

The meteorites landed with a large impact point. Suddenly, the two objects shifted into metallic beings. A chalk white-colored mech with black accents and piercing red optics wearing a purple face-like badge on his two horned helmet looked around as he asked, "You sure this is the world we got Megatron's transmission, Hot Rod?" A black and purple mech with purple flame decals and a black mustache adorning his upper lip nodded, "Of courses I'm sure, Bumblebee. Ops'll thank us, when he gets here. I mean, we gots 'till all the times of this world when he and the 'Bots gets here for the Allspark." Bumblebee scoffed, rolling his optics he held out a holographic panel on his right forearm. "First off, it's Optimus Prime," corrected Bumblebee. "Second, my scanner's picking other Cybertronian life signals in this region of the world." Hot Rod hummed with interest and smiled, "Maybe we oughta have 'em join us..." Their conversation was cut short as a vehicle came in and two fleshy beings came out with astonished expressions, looking up at the two. Bumblebee pulled out as his plasma cannon to aim at the creatures who suddenly went to their knees and kneeled before the two Autobots. "Forgive us, O Mighty Emissaries From The Stars!" pleaded the two. "We are unworthy for your presence!" The two Autobots were caught off guard by their response as Hot Rod pushed away Bumblebee's plasma cannon and smirked, "You had 'em cold. But maybe we oughta let 'em 'assist' us and all that. Y'know, finds the Allspark for Optimus Prime." Sighing, Bumblebee shifts his plasma cannon away as one of the creatures gushed, "Thank you, O Merciless One. Come, we must take you to Castle Folgan. The Order of the  Witwiccans will explain all." Bumblebee and Hot Rod turned to look at each other as the Autobot Outliner smirked, "All right, let's go to the castle."