Chapter 13- The Diversion Part 2

Colorado River
Theodore Wells barely made it out as he was being followed by the behemoth who suddenly became transfixed by the sight of the cube. Using it as leverage to hoist itself out, it suddenly electrocuted it as bolts of lightning zapped the crane, one of the workers' car, and a radio. The crane and car transformed into bipedal mechs while the radio turned into an insect-like being with wiry tendrils. The two newly formed mechs began to cause a ruckus while the radio pounced on one of workers. Walter Simmons Simmons was astonished by what happened as Herbert Hoover and his wife Lou hid behind a table. "What now?" asked Lou. Hoover thought fast as he suggested, "These things are waterproof, right?"

Roy Thompson helped Wells up but suddenly one of the cube's bolts zapped Roy's gun and it shifted into an insect-like robot which shot Wells' leg. "Mr. Wells!" shouted Roy.

The cube's energy output was too much for the white and purple behemoth that to Wells' amazement, it suddenly disappeared in a flash of light. "It's... gone... vanished," gaped Wells. The radio finished killing the worker before it set its sights on Wells but at the last minute, Roy smashed it with his foot. "Get away from him, you freak!" shouted Roy. Wells used a nearby stick to support himself as sighed in relief, "Walter, you came back..."

The Hoovers shot at the robots as Lou asked, "The water bypass floodgates?" Hoover nodded, "Yes, now get everyone out of there!"

Simmons was transfixed by the white and purple robot's disappearance as Wells asked softly, "Walter?"

Lou shouted, "C'mon, sector heads! Make sure your entire unit is accounted for and move it!"

Simmons runs his hand on the cube as he blinked, "It's cold..." Wells heard Lou and grabbed Simmons and urged, "Dammit, Walter!" Simmons rambled, "Theo, it's cold! Even after a tremendous output of energy..."

Roy shot at the crane robot and yelled, "Do it, Hoover!" Hoover turned the wheel, which set the floodgates going but the sudden wave forced him underwater. Wells and Simmons made it to shore, but Hoover and the crane robot struggled to keep themselves over the water. Lou grabbed her husband and pulled him out while the crane robot drowned lifelessly. Simmons' eyes were still wide from astonishment when he figured, "The crane couldn't operate underwater, so the robot made from it drowns... even though the second Mega-Man is unfazed by wetness. Is that how they reproduce? The cube is their... mother?" Wells couldn't believe this was the first thing on his former partner's mind. "You... were going to leave me..." glowered Wells. Simmons insisted, "Never mind that... think of what we just learned from today!" Wells huffed, "I am." Simmons continued, "This'll set us back a couple months... more likely years. But no matter! We'll rebuild stronger, with a more permanent structure. I'm going to have to move here. The Mega-Man can take care of himself. The cube, however, holds the key to the future!"

The car robot climbed out from a distance away from the humans. Turning to see them one last time, it shifted into its vehicle mode and drove off.

The Middle Of Nowhere, Nevada
Clara Simmons and her daughter Margaret sat at the table. Clara watched her as she continued to color pictures on papers with her crayons. The two heard a knock on their door as Clara went to the door with a hopeful smile. "Walter, at last," smiled Clara. "Where have you-"

The man who was at the door was not her husband Walter Simmons but none other than Theodore Joseph Wells. "Theo, is Walter..." started Clara. Wells answered sadly, "Clara. Walter is fine... but he's not the man I knew and he's not the one you deserve. I can't stand by anymore. I'm leaving and..." Clara's eyes went wet with tears as Wells proposed, "Leave here with me, Clara. And... forget about Walter." She hugged him close, crying on his shoulder as Margaret watched her mother's heartbreak.

Tunguska, Russia
Soldiers arrived at a Evenki village. There were tales circulating of gigantic robots and strange motor cars in these very woods, and the current Tsar, Nicholas II, wanted to investigate this mystery. These tales came after what happened at Tunguska five years ago. "<My emperor,>" said one of the soldiers in Russian, bowing to the Tsar. "<The natives claim that the beings live in a cave, feeding off of... glowing rocks they give them.>" Nicholas II turned to face him and ordered, "<Have them lead me to this cave.>"

Reluctantly, the Evenki lead the Russian soldiers to the cave, which was the largest doorway they had ever seen. They journeyed into the cave, hearing strange sounds and voices as they saw what appeared to be gigantic robots. Some had resembled insects, others resembled cyclops from Greek mythology, and some had two pairs of eyes and had tendrils on their heads resembling dreadlocks. They watched as the glowing rocks was put into some kind of machine which liquefied the rocks and was flowed into several big cylindrical rods.

The beings grabbed the rods and began drinking the liquid. They spoke to each other in an alien language until they finally took notice of the humans. They saw the soldiers holding guns as they drew out their own weapons. Suddenly, a forty foot tall yellow, blue, white, and light brown robot with a single cyan optic joined in and pulled out its left arm cannon. The Russian soldiers pulled out their weapons, their blood ran colder than any Russian winter. "<Do not shoot unless you wish for your precious servants' deaths,>" negotiated Nicholas II. "<However, I'm not here to make enemies.>" The tallest amongst them leaned close to him and asked in flawless Russian, "<What do you want?>" The Tsar looked at it with surprise and asked, "<You understand me?>" The being nodded, "<I developed a universal translator many millennia ago. My name is Shockwave, and we are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron. I ask again, what do you want?>" Nicholas II answered, "<I am Nicholas II, Tsar and emperor of Russia. I heard rumors of your existence and wanted to confirm them myself.>" Shockwave inquired, "<Now that you do know, what will you do now?>" The Tsar explained, "<There is a society called the Order of the Witwiccans who help keep your presence a secret, and... in return aid us in assisting humanity.>" Shockwave shifted his head to the side as Nicholas II continued, "<Tensions have been rather high in recent years. The Russo-Japanese War, the Austria and Hungary annexing Bosnia and Herzegovina, a second crisis in Morocco, Italy has invaded Libya, and recently the Balkan League has waged war. I fear a war will soon come... and I need your help should that come.>" Shockwave sighed regretfully, "<I'm afraid our war from our own world has been brought to your world. An ancient artifact from our world crashed into your world and it brought us, the Decepticons, and our enemies, the Autobots, here.>" Nicholas II gave this much thought as he offered, "<What if I were to help you in finding it, Shockwave?>" The single-eyed robot looked at the tsar in question. Nicholas II reasoned, "<You assist us if a war comes, and I promise you we will find your artifact.>" He held out his right hand to Shockwave who considered his words. After some thought, Shockwave held out his three fingered right hand to shake the tsar's hand.