Chapter 16- War Withdrawal

Petrograd, Russia, March 8, 1917
Things in Russia hadn't been easy since they entered the Great War. The Russian people had lost faith in the leadership of czarist regime due to corruption, backwards economy, and the Duma, the Russian parliament formed eight years ago, was repeatedly dissolved by Nicholas II. Even with the help from the Decepticons, imperial Russia wasn't a match for industrial Germany and casualties were greater than any nation in the world. The war effort was costly enough to disrupt the economy so much, the people could not even afford bread. All this would lead to 90,000 men and women to protest and clash with the police.

March 10, 1917
Police stations were attacked and destroyed by a large irate mob of workers when the strike spread toward them. Several factories elected deputies to the Petrograd Soviet, or "council," of workers' committees, following the model devised during the Revolution of 1905.

March 11, 1917
The Petrograd's army garrison were called in to quell the uprising. They opened fire, but this only made the protesters unable to stop. Troops began to waver and Nicholas II once again dissolved the Duma.

March 12, 1917
The Petrograd garrison would soon side with the demonstrators, which would at last the revolution triumphed. The soldiers, at least 150,000 men, formed committees that elected deputies to the Petrograd Soviet. The imperial government was forced to resign, and the Duma formed a provisional government that peacefully vied with the Petrograd Soviet for control of the revolution.

March 14, 1917
The Petrograd Soviet issued an order which instructed soldiers and sailors to only obey orders that did not conflict with the newfound Soviet.

March 15, 1917
Czar Nicholas II resigned from his position in favor for his brother Michael. However, Michael had no interest of wearing the crown and responsibility for the monarchy which brought an immediate end of the czarist autocracy. The new provincial government hoped to salvage the war effort and end the food shortages among the many of other domestic crises.

The Soviets managed to procure a base for the Decepticons and the Seekers who joined them. It was in a gulag located in Siberia. The Dreads, Insecticons, and drone units began to set up their new headquarters with the parts and equipment from their old base in the forests of Tunguska. Dreadwing went up to Shockwave and questioned, "Shockwave, why didn't you help your human ally, Nicholas II? I thought the two of you were trusted friends." Shockwave turned away at first before he explained, "The substance issue his people were going through also applied to us. I did not feel the need to impose into the government. It would make me no better than the Autobot Imperium who forced their will into the leadership on other planets. I harbor no ill will towards Nicholas II. He is a good man, but it did not reflect his leadership." Dreadwing shrugged, "I suppose you're right, Shockwave. So, what do we do now?" The Decepticon scientist replied, "Now, we have to find any clue or leads for the Allspark. No doubt the Autobots will do the same, and they will stop at nothing to achieve their goal." Dreadwing smiled, "You can count on us Seekers. We'll find it."

November 11, 1918
This day marked a ceasefire of the Great War. At 5:00 am, an armistice with Germany was signed in a railroad carriage at Compiègne. Six hours later, a ceasefire came into effect. During the six hours between the signing of the armistice and its taking effect, opposing armies on the Western Front began to withdraw from their positions, but fighting continued along many areas of the front, as commanders wanted to capture territory before the war ended.

Castle Folgan, June 18, 1919
A formal state of war between the Allied Powers and Central Powers persisted for another seven months, until the signing of the Treaty of Versailles with Germany.

The war took its toll on Bulldog, who would develop severe dementia. Almost any drone unit or even any of the Autobots that caught his optic, Bulldog would revert into his Mark IV tank mode and shoot his cannons at them. Even Cogman and some Order of the Witwiccans humans weren't so lucky to escape his bad days. Both Bumblebee and Hot Rod were walking down the castle grounds when one of Bulldog's projectiles nearly hit them. Bumblebee glowered, "Okay, we are not sending him to seek anything at this point." Hot Rod nodded in agreement, brushing some dirt and ash off his chassis. "Yeah, I agrees," concurred Hot Rod. "Guy'll blow ups anything and peoples will comes to our doorsteps, asking what's what." Bumblebee replied, "Honestly, I'd feel better if we put him in a stasis pod." Hot Rod scoffed, "Hey, if yous wanna get steps on by Nautica, go for it." Bumblebee sighed, remembering the last time Nautica literally put her foot down when the Autobots and Decepticons came to blows two years ago. "All the same," said Bumblebee, placing his hands on his hips. "Bulldog can't keep going on like this, blasting away our own drones and human servants. Find someplace in the castle he can't shoot at somebody, or so help me, I will put him out of his misery myself." Hot Rod shrugged, "All rights then. No needs to go all agro." Bumblebee rolled his red optics at the remark before walking away with Hot Rod scowling at him. "Gee-whiz, that bot's a freaking bummer," complained Hot Rod, rubbing his mustache with his index finger and thumb.

United States Capital, April 12, 1921
U.S. Marshal Agent Theodore Joseph Wells and U.S. Agent Roy Thompson attended a senate meeting where they applauded for the speech made by the current president, Warren G. Harding. "So, now that the war has officially ended," started Wells. "What do you have to report?" Roy answered, "Well, I saw them robots fightin' each other. Thank God none of our boys got hurt. Even though they were in the same side, they were fightin' over somethin'." Wells gave this some thought and sighed, "I hate to admit it, but I think Walter was onto something when we found the cube in the Colorado River. These robots wouldn't have come here if they weren't looking for that cube." Roy asked alarmingly, "Ya mean the cube that turned the machines and my gun into robots?" Wells nodded, "The very same. We're going to have to make sure our new 'allies' and new enemies don't find it... For the good of all mankind."