Chapter 22- Wanted: Bonnie And Clyde Part 2

Later Tonight
Clyde Barrow sat around the campfire with three escaped prisoners, including W.D. Jones, who were less than grateful for Clyde, his captive wife, and their robot for helping them break out of jail. "You killed us, Barrow!" glared one of the prisoners. "You and your harebrained scheme and your stupid robot!" Clyde started, "Calm down..." W.D. leaned in and interrupted, "I don't know where that machine ran off to, but it ain't here to prop you up. So you gotta hear us out, Clyde." The first prisoner nodded, "Yeah! I was gonna be locked up for a couple weeks, and now look at me! It's the electric chair if we turn ourselves in, and a six-gun salute if we don't." He stood up as he pointed at Clyde and stated, "We're all dead. You're dead. You're dead. Bonnie's obviously dead."

The familiar silhouette of the robot, with its dark blue visor illuminating in the night sky came from behind the standing prisoner and grabbed him by the shoulder gently and pushed him to the side, making him fall onto another sitting prisoner. "Bon-nie... not... dead..." reassured the robot, showing a map with a picture of Bonnie Parker. "Never... leave... Bon-nie... behind..." The first prisoner turned around to see the robot and at the map. "Screw this!" refused the first prisoner. "I ain't getting killed for your wife, Barrow!" The three prisoners left into the night, with W.D. following them. He took one last look at Clyde and apologized, "Sorry, Clyde, but you're on your own." Clyde ignored him, his eyes focusing on the map and Bonnie's picture.

Later
Clyde rode in the driver's seat of the robot's V8 Ford as he questioned, "This is a trap, you know that, robot?" In fact, it's the stupidest damn trap I ever heard of. The cops don't make a habit of leaving maps around for big dumb lugs like you to find." The robot argued, "Never... leave... Bon-nie... behind..." Clyde read his wife's poem and nodded, "Yeah, yeah. That's what you've been saying..."

Sighing, Clyde reasoned, "Look, I don't want to leave her, either. But I want to get captured even less. Mrs. Barrow didn't raise little Clyde to spend his life behind bars." The robot repeated, "Never... leave..." Slightly peeved, Clyde groaned, "'Bonnie behind,' right. I got it pal." Suddenly, the robot stopped suddenly which made Clyde hit his head on the steering wheel. "Bon-nie!" cried the robot. Clyde exclaimed, "Ow! What the hell, car? Why'd you stop?!" He looked up to see none other than Bonnie Parker herself. His gaze never left hers when he got out of the V8 Ford as it turned into the robot. "Doll, w-what's going on?"

Bonnie's hands were handcuffed behind her back as she held by Margo Simmons pointing her special weapon on the outlaw woman's face. With the two women were Roy Thompson with his left broken arm in a sash and several rangers and cops with their weapons drawn and pointed right at Clyde and the robot. "You're under arrest," declared Margo. "Order the robot to stand down and you might survive, Barrow." Bonnie frowned woefully, "I never thought it would end like this..." Clyde scowled, "Aw, crap." However, the robot glared at Margo as it then raised its guns at them and shouted, "Never... leave... Bon-nie... behind bars!" It started firing at them as Clyde protested, "What— No!"

Unfortunately, one of the robot's bullets shot Bonnie, her lifeless body fell on the ground. Margo, Roy, and the rest of the officers and rangers fired back, killing Clyde and with a blast from Margo's weapon, the robot felt disoriented by the green blast as the policemen continued their gunfire. Margo rushed toward Clyde's dead body and took the discarded paper which had Bonnie's last poem. The robot fell flat on its faceplate as Margo turned to see it. "Please..." begged the robot as Margo's weapon was fully charged. "Only... way... no... jail..."

Margo pointed her weapon on the robot's head as it uttered, "Bon-nie..." Then she shot the robot in the head, shattering its visor. This caused a chain reaction in the robot's body, enveloping green lights all over its body as Roy and the rangers and cops looked in awe. "Well, she's her father's daughter..." remarked Roy. Margo calmly walked toward them as the leading ranger asked, "What do we tell people? What this was?" Margo answered, "We tell them the truth..." The robot's body blew up in a fiery explosion with a tire rolling off to the side. "...it was death for Bonnie and Clyde."

Arizona, 1935
Two Sector Seven agents looked up to see the completed Hoover Dam. So much work and hard labor was put into its creation by 21,000 workers. On September 30, a crowd of 20,000 people watched President Franklin Roosevelt commemorate the magnificent structure's completion. Approximately 5 million barrels of cement and 45 million pounds of reinforcement steel had gone into what was the tallest dam in the world, its 6.6 million tons of concrete enough to pave a road from San Francisco to New York City.

The senior agent of the two, Walter Simmons, one of the original founders of Sector Seven, looked at the dam with apprehension. With that concrete put over the cube, its energy signature could not be detected by any of the Mega-Men located in Europe and some parts of the United States. "Quite something, isn't it?" said Simmons' younger colleague with admiration. Simmons nodded, "Yes, yes, I suppose it is. It's just... when you compare it to the visitor, and the wonders of his world, it seems... rather primitive." The young agent asked, "You were there, weren't you? When they dug him out of the ice?" Simmons answered, "Yes. I was there..."

"It won't be long now. As soon as the environmental dome is complete, we can start the excavation properly. Then you and I are going to make history!"

Simmons informed, "In fact, I was there at the very beginning. In many ways, Project: Mega-Man has been my life's work." His colleague guessed, "And now he's coming here, to the Hoover Dam." Simmons replied, "Yes." There was a silence between them as they viewed the outside bottom of the dam, which had power lines and a few cabins. "Shall we go down?" offered the young agent.

The two exited out an elevator as the young agent showed his badge to some soldiers who saluted at their presence. "Do we know yet when the transfer will happen?" asked Simmons. His colleague replied, "No. We're still installing the cryo-blocks. It may not even be until the later fall." They then entered an observatory which was still under construction, intended to be a prison for when the Mega-Man arrives. "So, there's not much to see," added the agent.

The two went on their way to another room as Simmons stated, "I retire soon, did you know that?" The agent shook his head and replied, "I didn't, no." Simmons continued, "That's really why I'm here. I just wanted one last look before I become one of the masses." The agent nodded, "Can't say I envy you. I imagine life outside of Sector Seven will seem very drab." The two entered inside an observation deck and put goggles on as they viewed through the glass windows where an intense light was beaming. "Do you know what Captain Archibald Witwicky was purported to have said after they dragged him screaming from that icy crevasse?" The agent responded, "No. What?" Simmons answered, "'Mine eyes have seen the glory!'" He placed his palm on the glass window, seeing wires and cables attached to the metallic cube that was extracted from the Colorado River. "I believe I know what he meant," added Simmons. The agent asked, "Do you think they'll come? The others?" The older man shrugged, "Not in my lifetime. Maybe not even in yours. But they will come. We could pour another six million tons of concrete on top of it, and they'd still sniff it out." The agent started, "If they do find it..." Simmons faced him and said precariously, "Not 'if,' when."