Chapter 21- Wanted: Bonnie And Clyde

Outside Of Sowers, Texas, 36 Hours Later
A car drove on the road with Sector Seven agent Roy Thompson and the newly recruited Margaret Simmons. There was an awkward silence between them. She never forgot when the two first met five years ago when Roy insulted her during which the Newells were murdered by a giant transforming robot. When Margaret tried to expose the truth, her father and the agency had her discredited and Margaret was out of her journalism job. "Look, Mrs. Carlson," smiled Roy. "I don't care what the guys say about you. In fact, I was mentored by a woman. One of the greatest, y'know?" Margaret reminded, "Thank you, and it's Simmons. Miss Simmons." Roy chuckled, "'Simmons?' Like the old—" Margaret gave him a short glare as he finished, "Man. Yeah, nice one. Way to talk before you think. Just like the old man." She rolled her eyes and responded sardonically, "Ha ha. He's not my father, you know. We're not close, really, but after my husband... left... Well, my son and I are grateful for the 'old man' giving us a job. Especially in this economy. So what are we looking for here?" Roy said seriously, "A giant robot. A bit like the one that killed the Newells, 'cept we misplaced this one about twenty years ago." Margaret looked at him skepticism as Roy parked the car at a clinic.

The two got out of the car as Margaret replied, "You're not serious." Roy answered, "I am." She questioned, "This is the job my dad expects me to use my journalism degree for? Finding renegade robots?" Roy corrected, "Looking for renegade robots. We're not going to find it." They entered the clinic as he continued assuredly, "I've been on a dozen wild goose chases, and it always turned out to be something else." Margaret asked, "Something reasonable, you mean?" Roy shrugged, "Well, no. Usually it's something really damn weird... but not a robot." She snarked, "Tell that to Carter Newell." He let out a long sigh and asked, "You're never gonna let that go, are you? Wells and I did what we had to do five years ago." The two then went up to the receptionist as Roy introduced, "I'm Special Agent Roy Thompson. This is my assistant, Margaret Carlson." His partner huffed, "His associate, Margo Simmons." With a exhale, Roy nodded, "Right. We're with Sector Seven. We're here to see the injured officer." The receptionist said, "Yeah— I was told somebody'd be coming. Ain't never heard of no 'Sector Seven.'" Roy smiled, "No, ma'am. And we'd be obliged if you went ahead and forgot that you did." He turned to a still sulking Margo and added, "Relax, Miss Simmons. It'll turn out to be nothing. I guarantee it."

Later
"It was some kinda robot or something," said an injured officer on his hospital bed, his head and left forearm covered in bandages while his right leg and right arm were in orthopedic casts. "Its hands... they were machine guns. Everybody says I bumped my head... an', I mean, I did..." Both Roy and Margo were shocked of what they just heard as the officer finished, "But I know what I saw." Margo smirked, "Wild goose chase, huh?" Roy leaned in close as he asked, "And you were unconscious, when it left? No idea where it went?" The officer confirmed, "That's right, but the guy we picked up, he might know..." Roy repeated, "The guy?" The officer explained, "Their driver. Bonnie and Clyde's driver." Margo was taken aback as she parroted, "Bonnie and Clyde?" Roy turned to leave as he said, "Thanks, officer, you just stay here. Miss Simmons and I have to get going." She corrected, "You can call me Margo." Roy offered, "How about I call you a cab to get you home?" Outraged, Margo snapped, "What?! Is it because I'm a girl?!" Roy retorted, "No, you're not a qualified field agent!" She snipped, "I can handle anything you can throw at me! I'm not some weak sister you picked off the street. I'm a Simmons, and—" Roy relented, "All right, all right. I just can't believe America's most famous bank robbers have the missing robot in their possession..."

Meanwhile, Bonnie And Clyde's Hideout
Bonnie Parker tried her best to focus on writing a poem on a piece of paper while her husband was facing the getaway vehicle they escaped with, waving his arms and saying magic words at it. Trying again, Clyde Barrow exclaimed, "Alakazam! Presto-Chango!" Bonnie scolded, "Stop doin' that, hon... I need to concentrate." He shrugged, "Something's gotta make this thing change again..." The getaway vehicle in question was parked next to a light tan colored V8 Ford. Clyde added, "It'd give us a nice big advantage in breakin' W.D. outta jail." His wife stood up as she snarked, "Oh, is that the plan? I was hopin' we'd get it to change so I wouldn't get dust in my face." He recalled, "You were the one who said not to look at a gift horse—" Bonnie nodded, "I know, I know, but I still kinda wished the car looked like that one. With windows an' all..." She then handed her written poem to Clyde and said, "Here, I just finished another poem. It's about us. I'm gonna go get some more coffee." She entered inside the hideout as Clyde waved his arms again and announced, "Sim Sala Dim!" Eventually, he gave up and took a look at his wife's new poem. "W.D.... Always gettin' in trouble..."chuckled Clyde. "Girl's got a real way with words..."

Meanwhile, the getaway car spouted arms from its side, grabbed the frame from the car next to it, and placed it on itself. This was spotted by Clyde who was dumbfounded by what he saw. The mechanical arms reverted back into its sides as Clyde exclaimed, "What the hell?!" This caught his wife's attention as she went out to see what was going on and gasped, "My goodness!" The car then said, "Car... make... change... Give... advantage..." Clyde nodded, "Okay, car. I'm sold on ya." He turned to Bonnie and smiled, "Leavin' a man behind ain't the Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker way..."

Eastham Jail
"You see anything, ranger?" asked Roy as he placed a big briefcase on a table. The leading ranger looked out the window as he answered, "Nothing yet. You really think two hoodlums would go up against the Texas Rangers?" Roy reminded, "Clyde Barrow's wanted revenge since you guys killed his brother." He opened up the case to see a giant gun as he added, "The fact that W.D. Jones is locked up here, that's just icing on the cake." Margo came in and notified, "I called beta command. More Sector Seven agents should be here by—" She paused as she noticed the giant gun her partner had and asked, "What the hell is that?" Roy explained, "Some kinda gun Doc Oppenheimer whipped up. Uses magnets to disrupt the robots' brains... or whatever they have." Margo nods, remembering the Newells' metallic murderer the young heir described. "Just got here," alerted the ranger. "Texas Rangers, grab your guns an' let's ride!" Roy protested, "Hold on, you can't! You don't understand what you're up against, ranger!" The leading ranger waved it off and said, "You briefed us, and whatever it is—"

The rangers loaded up their guns and got on horse back outside as the leading ranger finished, "Ain't no match for the Texas Rangers!" The horses got on full gallop as the leading ranger ordered, "Stop in the name of the law!" They faced a V8 Ford with Bonnie and Clyde hanging by the sides holding Tommy guns. "Looks like they put together a little welcoming committee," smirked Clyde. Bonnie feigned disappointedly, "Too bad we didn't bring a present for them, honey..." The two jumped off as the car shifted and changed into a robot. "Oh, wait!" grinned Bonnie dastardly. "We did!" The robot raised its arms and began shooting at the rangers.

"They're being massacred!" exclaimed Margo. Roy nodded, "I warned 'em. I guess now we see what kind of a 'weak sister' you ain't, lady." He handed Margo a pistol and asked, "You know how to use one of these?" Margo ducked down from the gunfire and answered matter-of-factly, "Point it at something and pull the trigger."

The two joined the gun battle as Margo fired shots while Roy's giant gun fired intense green light at the robot. "Let 'em all out, robot!" ordered Clyde as he shot at the newcomers. Bonnie escorted the escaped prisoners as she quipped, "Welcome to freedom, courtesy of Bonnie and Clyde!" W.D. met up with Bonnie and said snidely, "'Bout time you guys got here to bust me out!" Bonnie rolled her eyes before she screamed in pain, a bullet hole and a blood stain on her left arm.

"Don't know about that gun of yours," said Margo. "But I think I got Parker." Roy looked at his gun, which was charging up making him sigh in annoyance.

The robot took notice of the wounded Bonnie and retaliated with a spray of bullets as it screamed, "Bon-nie!" The two Sector Seven agents tried to duck away from the intense gunfire, which made Roy drop his weapon. "Bon-nie!" shrieked the robot again. Thinking quickly, Margo grabbed her partner's fully charged giant gun as she muttered, "Yeah, I hear you, robot..." She pulled the trigger, blasting it at the robot as she added, "I'll send you straight to Bonnie." The blast forced the robot to revert back into its vehicle mode, making Clyde focus his fire on Margo. "Give it up, Clyde!" shouted Margo, taking cover. "I just killed your robot!" Refusing to give up, Clyde opened the car door and gestured, "Everybody get in!" W.D. and the prisoners dashed to join him in the car as it accelerated away. Margo gets back up to aim at them but the weapon in her hand was charging up for another shot.

The leading ranger carried a wounded Roy who croaked, "Did... did we get 'em?" Margo replied, "That robot was aware. Had feelings. We can use that. Lure it out." She climbed down as she continued, "Ranger, get me a wanted poster and a map." Margo pointed her fully charged weapon at a captive and wounded Bonnie as she added, "Then get me all the Tommy-guns you've got and enough men to carry them. We'll handle this the Simmons way."