Chapter 6- Heated Tensions

Castle Folgan, 1900
An annoyed Bumblebee watched with his arms crossed as Hot Rod posed for a photograph with several humans who were members of the Order of the Witwiccans. Where the humans stood professionally with serious expressions, Hot Rod was smirking with thumbs up on his sides. The Autobot Outlier tried to convince the Autobot scout to pose with him but Bumblebee refused. After the photo, Hot Rod went up to Bumblebee and asked, "What's the haps, Bee? Why don't you wanna be on the picture?" Bumblebee reminded, "We've been here for one of this planet's year. The Seekers said they would help us find the Allspark and they haven't even found it. If Optimus Prime comes here and we haven't found anything..." Hot Rod sighed, "Relax, Bee. Ops isn't even here yet. 'Sides, he's light years away from Earth. We's gots plenty of time before before he and the Autobot Imperium comes here." Bumblebee gritted his metal teeth as he corrected angrily, "First of all, it's Optimus Prime! Not 'Ops,' you single-minded infidel! Second of all, you had better be right about this because if you aren't and Optimus Prime comes here, don't expect me to cover you while you have been doing photo ops and slacking off for these worthless primates!" The Autobot scout stormed off as Hot Rod crossed his arms and sighed, "Yeeesh, touchy."

Meanwhile, the Seekers were sitting and lost in their own thoughts. Jetfire went missing over a year ago, investigating a mysterious signal from the planet's northern polar region. All contact from him went silent and even their detectors couldn't track Jetfire.

Ransack, Kup, and Spitfire were busy with their target practicing on holographic targets or metal objects. With very little action and no luck for succeeding their missions, the Seekers could use all the practice they could get. Kup was frustrated himself, lighting a cy-gar and shooting a holographic image of their former master Megatronus Prime, aka the Fallen.

As for Bulldog, Astrotrain, Dreadwing, Fortress, and Ramjet, the five drank glasses of Energon from their stockpile with Cogman serving them more cups of it much to his dismay.

Nautica and Lugnut were at their computer terminal, waiting for a potential sign that Jetfire was out there. "Are you sure it's running on full capacity?" asked Lugnut. She turned to him and responded, "Do I like my Engex triple filtered?" He nodded to her as Cogman approached them a heavy dish with a single cup on it. "H-Here you are, ma'am," groaned Cogman. "A cup of Engex. T-Triple filtered, j-just the... w-way you l-like it." Nautica smiled, "Thank you, Cogman." She took the drink as Bulldog rolled his optics and scoffed, "I don't get why you even bother thanking and being nice to the help." Nautica shot him a glare as Lugnut intervened, "Don't bother, it's just the Energex talking."

Bulldog stood up and shoved aside Astrotrain and Dreadwing as he stormed over to Lugnut and spat, "Oi, and what made you leader, Five-Eyes?!" Lugnut towered over Bulldog and gave him a small glare. "Don't you even remember why we got sent down here to this backwater planet?!" ranted Bulldog, not intimidated by the taller and brutish Seeker. "We got sent down here to find some stupid trinket for the Fallen who was stupid enough to defy the Primes and because of that, we have no way to go back home! Now we have to find the Allspark for those two stooges who landed on our doorstep a year ago! Now Jetfire's missing and how long before any one of us are next?!"

Suddenly, Bulldog shoved Lugnut who pushed him back, which made Bulldog trip over himself and land on his back. He went into stasis lock as the Seekers looked at him. Kup frowned at the sight of his comrade as he muttered, "'Beyond the dagger's tip, three kings will reveal the doorway.' This is all on you, Fallen." Kup shot at the holographic Fallen again and again, not missing each time.

Arctic Circle, 1902
The former pirate Reginald Danco manned the radio as his new colleague Walter Simmons continued his studies on the Mega-Man. Ever since his captain was admitted into a psychiatric hospital, Danco joined with Simmons and Wells as well as a Secret Service agent William North, geologist Theodore Grant, explosive expert Philippe Bowen, and metallurgist Jack Arden as the "First Seven." A few years ago, the group came to see the Mega-Man and all of a sudden, a giant white and purple robot came to the Arctic base. A battle erupted as the humans blasted the icy ground, sending it crashing into the ocean. North died that day and since then, the group made a vow to protect the Earth from any future threats if another one like the Mega-Man shows up.

The former pirate was shaken out of his memories when he heard from a team in Colorado. "Look," responded Danco. "I don't think he'll care about what you found in Colorado. Not even wild horses could drag him away from his 'Mega-Man.'" He listened on as he repeated, "Symbols? You don't mean..."

Colorado River
A man with a similar radio as Danco's replied, "Yeah, I thought that would get your attention. Thanks to the Reclamation Act that the President signed in, we had the perfect cover to start digging out here. Not only is whatever's down there is generating more power than Chicago, but it's covered in symbols. Symbols your Captain Witwicky got all worried about." He listened as he answered, "No, but I'm going to relay it to Wells. He's currently in China, dealing with that rebellion mess. I wouldn't wanna be there right now."

Tianjin, China
Wells sits down at the desk as he communicates on the radio with his new friends, married intelligence agents Herbert and Lou Hoover. "What?" questioned Wells. "Are you certain of this?" He listens on as Hoover asked, "Wells, what is going on?" Wells turns around and advised, "You two might want to sit down for this because the magic scepter I've recovered doesn't compare to the biggest discovery this world doesn't know and only a select few know."

The Hoovers listened as Wells told them everything. The Mega-Man in the Arctic Circle, who discovered it, and the recent discovery in the Colorado River. Hoover smiled, "Well, it just so happens you're talking to experts in mining and metallurgy. If this 'Mega-Man' or anything similar to it are as dangerous as you say and whatever's in the Colorado River is powerful, we'll need to find a way to redirect the river around it." Wells asked, "So, you're in?" Hoover looks at his wife who nods and turns to Wells as he answered, "We're in." With that, a handshake between the two men finalized an agreement.