Chapter 1: Welcome, Stranger!

This is Sundrop and Moondrop.

--

"C'mon, guys! I think they'd like to see the bright and cheery Sundrop!" Jax teases as he looks at his friend Roberto, the guy holding you in place so you couldn't escape. He rolls his eyes as Becky and Rozy laugh and nod in agreement. "Oh, of course!" Becky speaks with her Country accent as she holds down her little sister. "I'm sure Bethany would agree too, yeah?" She smirks at her sister. "You're such a bitch, Beck!" She growls at Becky with the same accent. Becky ignores her little sister and then looks at her boyfriend; Jax. "We should hurry before we get caught though~" She adds and Rozy nods. "Let's hurry this. My mother is making lasagna tonight and I want some."

They drag you and your best friend Bethany, or Beth as you call her, to the day care. "As much as we'd love to stay and chat, we actually have lives to live unlike you both!" Becky forces her little sister down the slide. "N-no! No!!" You panic as Roberto starts bringing you to the slide. "R-Roberto, please!!" You beg as he tries to force you to go down the slide. "Sorry, Y/n," Roberto speaks to you in a low voice. "You know how Jax is when I don't listen to him." Roberto gives you a slight guilty look. "I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" "B-but-" Without letting you finish, he gives one more push and you slide down screaming.

"Fuck yeah!" Jax high fives Roberto who was still staring at the slide. "This isn't fun, Jax." He frowns. "You know how much Y/n is terrified of these robots." "Oh, grow a pair." "Rozy rolls her eyes. "She's 19, let her grow the fuck up. C'mon, let's get out of here." Rozy starts to walk away and Roberto sighs and shakes his head in disappointment as they all leave.

You bump into Bethany since she never left the slide. "Beth, you're supposed to move at the end of a slide." You frown at her and she rolls her eyes then moves out of the way. You move from the colorful slide and you both look around. "This looks so boring..." Beth sighs and looks at you. Your eyes showed curiosity and excitement. Being an only child with hard-working parents, you were always left alone to entertain yourself. Your home never has such bright colors either, your parents said it was 'too childish' or 'immature'. Anything cheerful or childish was thrown out immediately. Guess they wanted you to be dull and boring like them.

"This is such odd music and noises." You smile a little and Beth rolls her eyes as you both start to walk through the ball pit. You both stop when you hear someone. You look to the top right and see a balcony in the wall that was decorated as a castle tower with clouds around and a sun under it. The tall jester-looking boy jumps off and cannon balls into the ball pit causing Beth to raise a brow. "Guess we're not alone?" You say in confusion and Beth sighs. "Right... You've never been here. Yeah, that's Sundrop. We best avoid him, he's annoying as hell..." She starts to walk more until he pops up in front of the both of you, nearly giving you a heart attack but Beth stood there as if this wasn't new to her. "Why, hello, strangers!! Or should I say friends?!" The male yells with a cheer. "Oh, you both are here pretty late! Oh, oh! Is this a slumber party?!" "U-uh..." You and Beth look at each other then back at Sundrop, who you will now be calling Sun, in confusion. "Wait a minute..." Sun stops and squints his eyes at the both of you. "You two teenagers aren't here to cause trouble, are ya??"

The jester-looking male was about 7"0 as a huge grin was kept on his face at all times. "No, the troublemakers are gone." Beth says with an annoyed huff and Sun gasps over-exaggeratedly. "Bethany Hound, is that you?!" "Oh god... Save me..." "Oh, it is!!" Sun excitedly jumps in joy. "My, oh, my! You've grown into such a beautiful young lady, indeed!!" He hugs her tight then lets go and looks at you. "As for you, you're new!" "U-uh, yeah..." You step back as he took a step forward. "Don't, she's afraid of you guys." Beth puts her hands in her pockets. Sun's smile drops a tiny bit but his big smile returns and he nods in understanding. "Well, I'll show you there is nothing to fear, Doll!" "It's Y/n, actually." You nervously keep close to Beth and he pouts. "Not fond of nicknames, huh? Well, anyway-" He gives a shrug. "Y/n, I am Sundrop! I have nicknames! I have Sun, and Sunnie! Hm..." He thinks more, trying to remember the good ones people have called him and not the bad ones. He had many bad ones... "Say, why don't we have some fun?!" He looks at you and Beth as he changes the subject.

"Actually, can you help us out?" Beth frowns in annoyance. "I would like to get home before this damn place closes." "Oh, but no fun time?" This time Sun's smile falls into a sad frown as he looks down and fiddles with his fingers. "But... But you've brought a new friend... A-and I haven't seen you in, like," He starts counting with his fingers. "Oh, 7 years!!!" "Yeah, that's a good thing." Beth gets out of the ball pit, leaving Sun there with his head hanging low. You frown since she was being insensitive towards the poor boy. She's usually not like this...

You sigh and look at Sun. "I'm sorry for her behavior. I swear she's not normally like this." "N-no, it's ok." Sun smiles at you. "She's never really liked this place. N-not after..." Sun trails off with his sentence as he remembers that day. "Let's just say her and I weren't as close as we used to be after that day..." "Well, I won't be nosy about it... But I still am sorry for her behavior." You fold your arms and he nods. "So... Do you like glitter glue?" "Hm..." You think. "Do you have baby blue?" After saying that, Sun's back to his childish and playful attitude. "Oh, dearie dolly, I have MANY glitter glues!!!" 'Dearie dolly?' You giggle a little. 'I've never heard that nickname before.' "Come! Come!" He hops out of the ball pit and you follow behind. He leads you to a table then pats a seat. "Sit! I'll go get the fun box!" He hops away like a rabbit and you sit on the floor since the children's chairs were too small and uncomfortable looking. Sun hops back with an open box, items in the box bounce up then fall back into the box as he hops back over. He places the box on a tiny table in front of you then grabs more tables, putting them together so you both could have enough space to have fun.

"Ooh, this is could to be fun!! Fun, fun, fun!!" Sun excitedly claps then plops down right next to you. "Oh, Bethy!" He looks at her, seeing her leaning on one of the play structures while on her phone. "Yo, there's no service in here?!" She glares at Sun and he frowns sadly then looks back at you with a big fake smile. "Guess she won't be joining us tonight." He chuckles sadly then pulls paper and bags of crayons, colored pencils, and glitter glue out of the box. Each had their own bag and were properly labeled. He pouts and looks inside the box. "Hm, I guess they moved the children's scissors and the construction paper into another box..." "That's ok." You smile and grab a piece of paper then turn it into an origami box. "Ta-da." "Oooh!" His eyes widen at the sight. "Oh, oh!" He jumps up and rushes away only to come back a few minutes later with a few origami learning books. "Origami!! I love it!!" He plops back down and hands you the books. "Hm." You open the books and smile. 'This is gonna be fun!!'