Chapter 8: Montgomery.

The moment you both showed yourselves, Jax rushed over to Roberto and hugged him. "Roberto! Dude, I got so scared when you didn't run with me!" "Sorry, Jax." Roberto blushes a little since he really wasn't used to Jax being so clingy and worried for him. Jax has never showed this side to him before... "I don't need an apology, I'm just really glad you're ok." Jax smiles in relief. "So, let's talk about what we've been up to then, eh? You can start first though!" Jax drags Roberto to a bench and they both sit and talk about what they've both experienced in this place so far.

You and Monty stand awkwardly next to each other. Well, Monty was more awkward than you. You were just admiring the wholesome scene between Roberto and Jax. "Uh..." Monty awkwardly scratches the back of his head and glances at you. "Soo..." "Hm?" You look up at him. "I'm not really used to being so close to people." Monty looks at you with an annoyed expression. He wasn't really annoyed, he just has a resting bitch face... "Oh, ok." You look away and he gets quiet from the awkwardness again.

'Shit, what exactly do I do in this situation? Dammit, Jax... I didn't want to go searching for your friends so just I'd have to get stuck with one.' "So... You and Jax were having fun." You look around, seeing the place was a mess. "Yeah. I'm gonna get in trouble for it later though." Monty chuckles. "That won't be fun." He sighs and shrugs. "Heh, I bet." You agree and look for another bench to sit on. Monty looks at you while you were distracted. 'Hmph'. He looks away and folds his arms with annoyance. 'Why do I get stuck with some stranger while my friend is over there having the time of his life? Maybe I could go over there and hangout with-' "So, what's your name?" You try to strike up a conversation causing him to groan in annoyance. "It's, uh... Montgomery. Er, you could call me Monty though." Monty speaks with a slight awkward tone. For someone who looks like he'd steal your girl, he was actually very bad at talking to them... Yeah, flirting wasn't his best thing neither.

'Dammit, I really want to get away from this girl...!' He grumbles in his head. What does he do? What should he say?! He's offended quite a lot of women in his past and it wasn't even on purpose! You look at his face, seeing his expression keeps changing from a worried to an angry one. "You ok?" You suddenly question causing him to angrily look at you. "I'm fine! What's it to you!?" "U-uh!" You take a step back. "S-sorry?" "Ugh!" Monty growls. "I-I didn't--Grr, never mind!" Monty angrily stomps away and you raise a brow. He angrily plops down on the nearest bench and you walk over. "Are you ok?" You repeat. "I'm fine." He grumbles and stares down at the ground with his arms folded.

He looks like a child who just got scolded at... You sit next to him causing him to tense up a little. When you notice his side glance, you smile at him. "I like your glasses!" "T-thanks..." He grumbles with a slight blush forming on his cheeks since he wasn't used to compliments like that. He'll usually get girls who walk over and call him handsome or something, but this sounds like a genuine compliment. Also, for once it wasn't about how good he looks...

Monty looks at you with a mischief-looking smirk, though it was just his way of a genuine smile. "Say, do you like music?" "Yeah." "What kind of instruments do you like?" "Hm." You think for a bit. "I guess I like drums and piano." "Oh, hm." He gets up. "Be right back." He leaves. A few minutes pass and he comes back with a guitar and a grin on his face. "Let me introduce you to my lovely guitar, uh..." "Y/n." "Y/n!" He tunes the guitar real quick. "Now, let's rock!" He starts to play.

You sit there and watch. The other two stop talking and watch as well. You smile a little, seeing how much he put his heart into it. The music wasn't bad either! It was loud, but that was no surprise. Once he was finished, he looks at you wanting your opinion on it. "You're really good!" You clap while the other two do as well. "I know~" Monty chuckles and glances at the other two then looks back at you. "Impressed?" "Mhm!" You nod and he smirks. "Hell yeah! New fan! There's always room for a new fan~" He winks and you roll your eyes with a smile. "Ok."

Monty looks down at your hands that were resting on your lap and was about to ask a question until he notices the marks on your wrists. "Um.." He clears his throat. "I-I, uh.." He looks away and rubs the back of his neck. "L-look, it's not like I care or anything, but... What's wrong with your wrists?" "Hm?" You look down at your wrists then sigh. "Oh, earlier Moon was holding my wrists a little too tightly. I guess he made some kind of bruise or something..." 'Moon?' Monty frowns in confusion but nods his head. "Alright. So, you're ok?" "Yeah. Thanks for caring." "H-hey, I said I DON'T care!" he clenches his fists and you smirk. "Oh, Monty cares for little ole' me~" You tease causing him to blush a lot. "A-alright, listen here, you little shit!" He angrily points at you and you giggle.

"Tch." Monty looks away with his arms folded. 'Finally someone on my level, huh? Guess I was too quick to judge.' He looks back at you. "You know what? I like you." He smirks. "So, now you're my friend. You have no choice." He looks away again with an annoyed expression and a 'hmph' like some kind of pouty child. "Cute." You accidentally blurt out loud and instantly regret it when he starts yelling at you with an angry tone and dark cheeks since he was embarrassed. "A man isn't cute, dammit! I am badass!! I am scary! I mean, have you seen my room?! You wanna go see it?!" "Montgomery!" You fake a gasp confusing him. "Is that some sort of... Invitation?" "UH-" His eyes widen and you both hear Jax gasp. "YOU!" He points at Jax. "Stop being nosy!!" He yells at the male who just starts to laugh. Monty then turns towards you and points angrily at you. "And you!! That is NOT an invitation!! You-you dirty girl!! Ugh!!" He angrily stomps away since he was extremely embarrassed at this point.

Who'd of thought the good girl was decent at flirting and not him?? Yikes. Guess deep down under all the anger and mean personality is just a shy, good man who's too scared to come out. If he did let it out though, wouldn't people just call him weak...? The thought of that causing Monty to stop walking and frown sadly. "I'm not weak..." He shakes his head and clenches his fists. "Fuck this, I have better things to do. I should be practicing-" "Monty?" Monty tenses up when he hears Vanessa. He gulps and slowly turns her way. "Vanessaaa! Heeey!"

The woman raises a brow in confusion at the way he was acting. Usually when she saw him, he was annoyed and bored. 'S-shit!! What do I do...?! Y/n, Jax, and Roberto are here!! They'll get caught!!' "Have you seen anyone yet? I heard you being loud just recently." "Tch, no." Monty glares at her and tries to play cool. "It's none of my business anyway. It's your job on the line, not mine." "Uh!" Vanessa gasps in offense. "Listen here, you fucking scrap of metal! Find those fuckers or I'll seek to it you'll never play your precious guitar again!" "I-" "Goodbye!" Vanessa angrily turns and leaves.

Monty frowns and rolls his eyes. 'Bitch..' He sighs in relief when she's fully gone. 'At least my friends are safe now...' He smiles a tiny bit then gasps. 'I called them friends... I like that word.' Monty looks down at his hands. 'Me... I have friends...'