Chapter 22: Insecurity.

Monty's P.O.V (When Y/n leaves the office).

  "Monty, you know you can't be in here!!" Fiona, one of the guards, folds her arms. You roll your eyes. "You're not my creator. I do what I want." "Tch, Monty we are all so damn tired of your behavior!!" "Did I ask?" "Ugh!!" "Face it, Fiona. Nothing gets to him." The other guard, Robbie, frowns. "He lives in his own sad world." "Sad?! You're just mad 'cuz I yeeted your ass out the office!!" "I'm about to fucking yeet you!" You and Robbie stand face-to-face glaring at each other. You had to look down at him since you were a little bit taller. "Try me." You growl with a grin. Fighting was your specialty after all.

  "Knock it off." Fiona separates the both of you then glares at you. "Montgomery," "oh, goin' with the full name." You roll your eyes and she clenches her fists. "Go back to your fucking room before we go get Freddy." "Tch." You glare at her. 'Dammit... If Freddy sees me like this, he'll get upset.' "Whatever, Hoe." You shove past her and she gasps. "Excuse me?!" "By the way, that eyeliner totally isn't working for you." You side glance at her and walk out. "Uh!" She looks at Robbie with a shocked expression and he shrugs. "I kinda gotta agree with him on that one." "What?!"

  You smirk when they start arguing as you head back to your room. Oh sweet, sweet chaos. 'I hope Y/n got what she needed.' You wave at some people as you head back to the room. You even try to avoid ones that tried to get attention. You finally get into your room and look around. 'Maybe I should clean up...' You sigh. If Y/n keeps coming back, you don't want her coming in this filthy room. "Nah, she said it herself... She doesn't want to come back. I wouldn't blame her." You sit on the floor and look down. "Stupid Sun... Ruining everything..." You grumble with a pout then freeze when you hear something. You look around in confusion. What was that vibrating noise...? You look in the direction Y/n fell earlier and see her phone. It must have fell out of her pocket when she fell...

  You pick up the phone and see Roberto texted her. "Uh-oh. I should give this to her." You get up then look around. "Maybe..." You stare at a Monty plush. If she can't get the Freddy one, maybe she'd want yours...? "N-no... No..." You shake your head as your fear and insecurities start to come up. "I'm not good enough." You leave the room and search for her. The daycare was closed now which was odd but you shrug it off and keep searching. "Hopefully she didn't leave yet..." You mumble but don't find her anywhere. This causes you to frown sadly and look down at her phone. While on the search for her, more messages popped up from Roberto. You didn't know how to unlock her phone to tell him that she lost it... Well, if she is going home then he'll meet her there...

  You sadly head back to your room. Maybe she did find the toy... But she couldn't have at least come back and say goodbye to you? What about thank you? You did help her, after all. "oh, whatever..." You clench your fists since you felt tears form in your eyes. "I don't need anyone... Why am I still even trying?" You get to your room and head inside. This hurt feeling... Why did you have to feel it? Maybe this is what Sun's feeling... Loneliness. You put her phone on your vanity and plop back down on the floor. "In the end, we're all just entertainment waiting for the next show..." You fall on your side and close your eyes. Sadness wasn't a feeling you enjoy... All you normally ever felt was anger. Why couldn't this sadness be replaced by that? Anger's better... At least you had a way to deal with it. How can you deal with sadness? You hug yourself and curl in a ball. "I'm just a stupid monster." You grumble. "It's all I'll ever be." You hear a knock on your door but you ignore it.

  "Oh, Monty." You hear a familiar voice causing you to sit up and look at the door. The door opens with Freddy who smiles worriedly at you when he sees you laying on the floor. "I noticed you walking around earlier." You look down at his hands that was holding a plate of pizza and cupcakes. "I bumped into Y/n earlier too." He walks in and you look up at him. "Yeah, she didn't have a good time getting that teddy bear back." Freddy nervously chuckles. "So I quickly gave her one from my room that was signed by me and she went home. I'm sure Nina would love that one even more." Freddy sits down on the floor with you and sets the plate on the floor. "I'm sorry she didn't get to say goodbye." "Nah, it's ok." You sigh and his bear ears go down a little. "I'm so glad you finally understand the feeling of friendship, Monty. I just wish it was with someone who could be here more..." "Nah. I got you." You wrap your arm around him and pull him close as a forced smirk forms on your lips. "I'm so glad to hear it!" Freddy happily hugs you. You frown sadly as you hug back and hide your face. Truth is, this feeling was crushing you. You missed Y/n all these years and, because of Sun again, she's gone. How many times is she gonna leave and come back?? Maybe telling Freddy the truth would be best, but... Why even bother? The sad look on his face when you tell him would crush you even more.

  "I'm tired..." You whisper and close your eyes. "I know." Freddy rubs your back to comfort you. "It's not easy, I know... We gain and we lose, Monty... We learn, it's a part of life. You'll always have me though when you need help." Freddy moves away and smiles. "Heh... Yeah." You smile back as you start to feel a little bit better. "Hey, uh..." You get up and show him Y/n's phone. "You think she'll be back for it?" "I don't know." Freddy looks at the phone and chuckles. "She and Nina are so clumsy." "Yeah..." "Whelp! If she is, why don't you and her have a little talk about this? I'm sure she'll say the exact same!" Freddy hugs you again. "Freddy...?" "Hm?" He looks at you and you sigh. "Ever wished that you were... Normal?" "Normal?" Freddy frowns and tilts his head a little. "Human, Freddy. Human." You look away and he pouts. "We are who we are, Monty. I have thought of it a few times, but why think about the impossible?" "I-I don't know..."

  Freddy sighs and gives you a cupcake from the plate then picks it back up and gets up from the floor. "It's ok, my friend." He places the plate on the vanity table then goes to leave but stops. "Monty," He looks at you causing you to look up at him as you peel off the cupcake wrap. Freddy sighs once more and looks down. "It's dangerous to think about those things. Look at Sun... He thought he could forget what he was and now... He's deactivated. Don't be like him." With those final words, Freddy leaves you in the room alone to think about what he said.