Chapter 16: Escape.

You keep running until there was a door you couldn't open. 'Shit!!' You check your pockets but there was nothing you could do. The only pass you had was that Monty pass, but that only works to get to Monty! Not the damn security doors!! You get scared when you hear Moon's laughter from the distance. 'Dammit, he's getting closer...!' You panic and hear something in the vent. 'No...! No, no, no...!'

  "Y/n!" You hear a high-pitched female causing you to look up, seeing a teenager. "Um... Hi..?" She holds out her hand to you. "I'm Cindy! I'm here to help you!" You squint your eyes at her since you didn't trust her. She sighs since she half didn't expect you to. "Look, a guy named Roberto came in and told me Freddy was trying to find you. Now please! We don't have enough time! The doors are open for you to hurry home!" "They are!?" You gasp and she nods. "Yes!!" Without a second thought, you grab her hand and she lifts you into the vent with you in front of her. "Now, I'm going to tell you were to go, ok? I'll lead you to the front entrance!" "O-ok." You gulp and quickly start to crawl as she tells you when to turn and what directions to turn in. She stayed in the back in case Moon got any ideas to sneak up on them. Eventually she stops you and you open the vent then jump down.

  "I'm going to get Roberto!" She looks down at you as you land on the ground. You give her a nod and smile when you see the doors uncovered. 'Hell yeah! Now, all I have to do is wait for Roberto! Should I wait for him...?' You think until you hear another familiar voice. "Oh, Y/n~" You gasp and look in that direction, seeing Moon. "Moon!" You clench your fists when you see he was holding Jax hostage, a sharp object was placed carefully close to his throat. "Let. Him. Go!" "No." Moon glares at you. "Leave. I dare you." 'D-dammit!' You gulp. "I-it's ok, Y/n!" Tears prick Jax's eyes. "J-just please keep Roberto safe for me, ok?" "No! You'll be there! You can do that!" "O-ok..." Jax says as he wants to believe you, but sadly most of him was telling him that he wasn't making it out of here alive.

  "Moon, please." You look up at Moon with a sad frown. "He's innocent! He's just a young man!" "Why should I care?" Moon frowns. "What about me, huh? What about what I want? I want to live my life with the woman I love!" "Let me tell you something, Moon. You don't always get what you want!" "No," Moon shakes his head. "No, this time I will. Come over here... Then I'll let him go... I'll give you a few minutes to think about it, but hurry. The clock's ticking."

  Roberto finally jumps down then sees Jax. "Jax!!" Roberto clenches his fists and stares at his best friend with worry. "R-Roberto." Jax starts to cry. "I-I'm scared." "I-I..." Roberto looks at you with wide eyes and tears forming in them. "Y/n!" "I-I know, I know!" You start to panic. "Hurry up." Moon grows impatient. "W-what does he mean by that...?" Roberto questions and you sigh sadly. "If I go to him, he'll let Jax go..." "But that's not fair!!" Roberto glares at Moon. "Y/n shouldn't have to choose like this! She's allowed to live her own life! I don't mean to sound like a dick here, but it's not our fault you were put into this building to work alone all your life! What about when Y/n starts to grow old, hm?! You guys aren't humans, you know! She'll die eventually, then what?!" "Then so will I..." Moon whispers loudly. "This Pizza Plex won't last forever. Especially with it's dark secrets. Eventually we'll all be forgotten here and they'll build a new place... New characters... So when she's gone, I'll just deactivate myself. Even Sun agrees." Moon looks at you. "You can't hear him, but he's agreeing with me. For once, he's giving up and allowing me to do what I need to do to keep you with us."

  "I-I don't believe that..." You shake your head. "Sun's a good man." "Of course you'd believe that..." Moon chuckles. "He is, but even a good man can have a bad side." "No! Don't talk bad about Sun!" You yell angrily. Cindy jumps out of the vent and tackles Moon but not before Moon stabs Jax in throat. They both fall back on the floor and Roberto rushes to his friend. "NO!!" Roberto tries to stop the bleeding with his hands but it did nothing. The bleeding never stopped as the poor man dies choking on his own blood. "O-oh god..!" Roberto sobs as he pulls at his hair. "Dammit!! Dammit, dammit!!" "Come on, Roberto!" You grab his arm and try to hurry to the doors but he wouldn't move. "Y-Y/n!" He looks at you while holding his best friend's corpse.

  You try to calm down and get close to him. "Roberto, trust me... I understand the pain." You softly wipe away his tears. "Earlier today, I found out Moon killed my best friend too..." You smile sadly. "But I'm still here and so are you. We're gonna make it out of this and be strong for them, ok?" Roberto sniffles and nods, gently placing his friend back down. "C-come on..." He gets up and you both hurry towards the doors. You both hear Moon scream in anger as he throws off the now unconscious girl. You both run past the workers until one stops you.

  "E-excuse me, what's going on?!" A man questions and you tell him everything. "Shit..." He thinks then looks at the both of you. "Listen, ok? We will let this pass, got it?" "W-what?!" Your eyes widen. "My friends died in there!!" Roberto glares at the guy and he sighs. "Look, I get it, ok? But you guys were in the wrong being in there in the first place. The security cameras know everything and we can and will turn it on the both of you. So, why don't we forget this ever happened, hm?" The man smiles and you clench your fists. "Fuck you." You grab Roberto's hand and leave.

  You both head to his car and he sighs. "I can't believe this shit... We can't even avenge Jax." He frowns. "I want to go back and burn the whole fucking place down. I swear I will." He looks at the huge building then opens the driver door. "Come on... Let's go home." You nod and open the passenger door then sit in the seat and close the door. Roberto pulls out his keys and starts the car then looks at you so you look back at him. "I'm sorry. I didn't know Bethany didn't make it out..." "I-it's ok." You hold back tears and look forward. "Let's just go home, ok?" "Alright..." Roberto nods and closes the door then buckles his seatbelt. You put yours on as well and he drives you home.