Drunk Confession

Summary: After a night out, you stumble home drunk to find Bucky still awake and you accidentally admit to him that you're in love with him and he can't forget it.
Word count: 1.4k

Trying to still be as quiet as possible, you stumble into the main room. You're hoping no one is up, especially Steve because he would probably lecture you, but you also don't want anyone to catch you because you definitely smell like alcohol. Unless it's Nat or Wanda, but anyone else and you would be shitting bricks.

As you make your way through the room, a lamp turns on and you freeze. A million curse words go through your mind as you slowly turn around.

Bucky stands up and crosses his arms over his chest as he raises an eyebrow at you. A hug smile forms on your face as you walk over to him. "Hi," you say as you touch his arm with your hand.

"You're drunk," he observes and you giggle as you nod your head. "Y/n," he says your name and you giggle again as you get all flustered and look down at the floor causing him to softly chuckle and roll his eyes.

"C'mon doll, let's get you to bed," he says as he wraps his arm around your back and you blush and stare at him lovingly. "What?" He asks and you sigh as you stop walking so that he stops too.

"I love you," you say as you grow yourself at him and he catches your waist and makes you stand up straight. "Okay doll, you're drunk," he says.

You smile as you straighten your arms upward to make a v shape above your head. "Drunk in looooove," you say

Bucky sighs as he starts walking with you again. "I love you so much," you whine as you press a kiss to his cheek.

The two of you reach your room and Bucky helps you lay down on your bed and gets you all situated. "You're so beautiful," you say as you look at him and he blushes and tries to fight off a grin. "I could stare at you for hours," you whisper bashfully.

He leans in towards you and kisses your forehead. "Aww shucks," you grin with hot cheeks.

"Goodnight y/n," he says.

"Goodnight bucket, I loooooove you," you say and he smiles before leaving your room.

He didn't say it back. He couldn't say it back. Not when he's not sure if you meant it or not. For all he knows, it could've just been the alcohol talking and not you. If you were sober and confessing your love to him, let's just say you wouldn't be in your bed alone right now.

Of course he loves you, but he's too scared of you rejecting him that he hasn't said anything. And he can't get drunk and then confess his love like you did. If you did. So now, he just has to wait until morning and ask you about it.

But how is he supposed to ask you that?

Every morning you go for a run. Sometimes Bucky joins you, sometimes he doesn't. Even though you're hung over, you're still going to go for a walk. You can't remember anything last night after ten. You don't even know how you made it back to the compound and ended up in your bed.

As you walk down the familiar trail, you try to remember what happened. You managed to recall standing in the main room with Bucky. So you assume that he was the one who helped you get in your bed. But you can't remember that.

When you reach the compound after your walk, you see Bucky walking towards you with a nervous expression. "Hey Bucky," you say with a smile and he smiles back.

"Hi doll," he says.

"Did you help me get to my room last night?" You ask.

His face turns red as he rubs the back of his neck nervously. "Uh yea I did," he says.

You nod your head as the two of you head towards the compound. "What else happened? Did I say anything embarrassing?" You joke as you look at him, but when he doesn't laugh you stop walking. "Bucky? What did I say?"

He takes a deep breath as he looks at you. "Just a kind of umm— a sort of uh— a small thing really," he says and you look at him confused. "A confession of—"

You gasp, cutting him off, as you bring your hand over your mouth and look at him in disbelief. He gives you a tight lipped smile as the realization hits you.

"I told you that I love you," you say and he nods and you let out a whine as you cover your face with your hands.

Bucky grabs your hands and pulls them away from your face. "Can we just forget I said it?" You ask before he has a chance to say anything.

"What?" He asks.

"Can we just forget I said it? Just forget everything I said last night," you say and Bucky stares at you for a few seconds as he feels his heart breaking, but he nods his head. "Yea of course," he says and you smile.

"Thank you," you say as you start to walk towards the compound again.

"Did you mean it?" He asks and you turn around to face him.

"Bucky, this isn't forgetting it," you say and Bucky puts on his confidence act, even though he can feel his legs shaking slightly as he walks towards you. "I know, and I will forget it, I promise... after you answer my question. Did you mean it?" He repeats and you open your mouth to say something, but nothing comes out.

Suddenly, you can't speak. You stand there staring at the man who's staring back at you, and you can't answer a yes or no question. He takes a step towards you. "Did you mean it?" He repeats for the third time, but it doesn't help because you still can't seem to find your voice.

He starts to lean in towards you as his eyes glance at your lips for half a second before meeting your eyes again. Your lips part slightly as you take a step closer towards him. You feel yourself hold your breath as his lips inch closer towards you.

"Answer the question," he whispers against your lips as he stares into your eyes while you focus on his lips before looking up at his eyes. You take a deep breath and get ready to speak.

"Bucky!" Sam calls and he quickly pulls away from you just as Sam walks up to the two of you. "Steve and I need your help," he says.

Bucky sighs as he looks at you before he starts to walk away with Sam, who looks back at you and waves. You smile as you wave back before heading inside.

You dribble the basketball a few times before shooting it. You watch as it goes in and call it good. Instead of going to get the basketball and putting it away like a responsible person, you decide to just sit down instead.

Looking around the court, you realize that everyone else left. Honestly when Tony first told you that he has an indoor basketball court, you didn't believe him. But of course, he proved you wrong.

Bucky walks in and sees you sitting on the ground. He starts to walk towards you and you turn at the sound of footsteps coming towards you.

When you see it's Bucky, you stand up and he gets pretty close to you. "I don't want to forget it happened," he says and your eyes widen. "I can't forget it happened."

"Bucky—"

"I love you. Even if you don't love me, even if you didn't mean it when you said it. I love you no matter what you feel for me, but I can't forget what you said to me. Not when my heart belongs to you. Not when my body and my soul belongs to you. Even if you decide that you don't love me it won't change how I feel about you. I love you, y/n," he says.

"I can't forget it either. I just wish I was sober when I told you," you say and Bucky laughs softly as he places his hands on your waist and pulls you closer.

"Does that mean that..." he trails off as you nod your head.

"I love you," you say.

He lets out a sigh of relief as he leans in and kisses you softly. You feel yourself melt against his lips and you know that this is the one person you want to be with for the rest of your life.