Date

Summary: You ask Bucky to go to a wedding with you, but when he says no you turn to Steve, which results in Bucky getting jealous.
Word count: 1.7k

"Bucky will you go to a wedding with me?" You ask and Bucky let's out a huff as he glances at you. "I'll pass," he says and you frown.

"Please," you beg and he shakes his head at you. "You don't understand, it's my ex-boyfriends wedding. I can't show up without a date, that's pathetic."

"No, what's pathetic is your ex-boyfriend inviting you to his wedding," he says

"Please just come with me. I'll do whatever you want," you say and Bucky shakes his head. "Bucky come on, please. I never ask you for anything."

"That's a big fat lie," he laughs and you rolls your eyes and grab his hand to stop him from leaving the room.

"Please, come to the wedding with me. I'll never ask anything from you again. Please, just be my date. Please Bucky," you beg.

Bucky sighs as he looks down at his feet and bites his lip in frustration. He looks back up at you and shakes his head. "I'm sorry, y/n, but no. I hate wedding. I hate big gatherings and I hate people," he says and you pout as you close your eyes.

"As my best friend, I am requiring you to come with me," you say.

"And as your best friend, I'm declining," Bucky says and pats you softly on your head. "Just ask Sam."

You pout as you look at him and he shakes his head. "Those eyes won't work on me, doll. I love you, but no," he says and you scoff as you roll your eyes and walk away from him.

Walking through the compound, you find yourself in the gym. Steve's sitting down doing bicep curls and you smile as you walk over to him. "Steve," you say and he looks up at you.

"Y/n," he says and you sit next to him so he sets the weights down to give you his full attention.

"Will you be a dear and go to a wedding with me?" You ask and he smiles at you.

"I'd be happy too. Who's wedding is it?" He asks and you cringe as you look at the ground.

"Damian," you say softly and Steve's eyes widen as he nods his head.

"Your ex huh? Why didn't you ask Bucky?" He asks and you roll your eyes and scoff. "I did, but he said no," you say.

"So I'm your second choice?" Steve asks as he gasps in betrayal.

"Oh don't act like you didn't already know that," you scoff and he nods his head as he laughs softly.

You walk in the main room wearing your outfit and see Bucky sitting on the couch. "Hey," he says as he glances at you then looks back at the tv. His head snaps back to you as you walk towards him. "You look beautiful," he says as he looks at you.

"I know, but thanks," you say as you put your bag down next to him and put you black jacket on.

"Heading to the wedding?" He asks and you nod your head as you pick your bag up again. "Did you find a date?"

You open your mouth to answer him just as Steve and Sam walk in the room. "There you are," you say as you walk up to Steve. He smiles as you fix his tie a bit and Bucky stands up.

"Steve's your date?" He asks and you look over at him.

"You didn't want to go with me," you say as you cross your arms over your chest.

"Yea, but I said to take Sam, not Steve," he says and Sam puts his hands on his hips. "What's that's supposed to mean, Barnes?"

"Oh you know what it means, look at Steve," Bucky says as he motions to Steve.