Torturous

Summary: You're an angel and Bucky's a demon who's forbidden to be in love with you, but he can't help it.
Word count: 2.5k
A/n: This is written in Bucky's pov :)

"Steve, you know I'm not supposed to be talking to you," Bucky says as he looks around paranoid and Steve rolls his eyes. Steve was born a pure demon which basically means he's an angel stuck in a demons body. When he had the options, he became an angel quick. Now he's outcasted by every demon that knows him. Besides Bucky.

"It's about y/n," Steve says and Bucky's head snaps towards him.

"What about her? Is she okay? What happened? Is she hurt? Where is she?" He asks frantically.

"Bucky, calm down. She's okay. She sent me because she knew she wouldn't be able to face you and tell you... she thinks you two should take some time apart," he says and Bucky shakes his head no.

"Absolutely not. She's the only thing that's good for me. She the only thing I care about. I can't loose her, Steve, please I can't—" Bucky abruptly stops as he feels tears brim in his eyes. "What the fuck is happening?" He motions to his eyes and Steve smiles softly.

"You're crying," he says and Bucky's eyes widen.

"That's not supposed to happen. Demons can't cry, we're soulless monsters," Bucky frantically talks as he tries to understand what is happening.

"Bucky, you love y/n, way more than you love being a demon. You know how you can stay with y/n, not just in secret, but in public. Where you can be with her every second of every day," Steve says.

"Don't say it." Bucky holds a finger up at Steve who puts his hands up in defense. "Okay, I won't say it, but take it from me, it was the best decision I ever made," he says and Bucky looks away from him.

"What do you want me to tell y/n?"

"Tell her that we're not taking time apart, I just need to think some things over and I'll let her know what I decide on. Wether it's good... or bad," Bucky says.

"Okay. Take care, I'll see you later," Steve says and Bucky hugs him. "Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone." He points at Bucky.

"How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you." Bucky softly laughs before Steve walks away.

He takes a deep breath before leaving the cemetery and walking down the street. He keeps walking until he finds himself in front of a church. Clearing his throat, he nervously walks up the front steps and opens the door to find it empty. He keeps walking until he reaches the end of the aisle and looks up at the celling.

"Umm... I'm not really sure how this works so I'm just gonna stand here and look up and just... yea," he nervously babbles not sure where he's going with this. "God, if you're real, please just, give me a sign on what to do. I really don't want to loose y/n, sir— ma'am— person— God. I don't know what to address you as."

He glances around, feeling embarrassed. "I love her with all of my dead heart. I'm not supposed to be able to feel anything, but hate. It's technically not really possible for me, but here I am, confessing my love in a church." Bucky's eyes widen as he realizes what exactly he's doing.

"It's different with her though. I feel... alive when I'm with her. I mean I am alive kinda, I'm not like a vampire dead, I'm just demon dead. Can— can I say the word dead in here?" He looks around again as he nervously bites his bottom lip.

He looks back up at the celling. "I would do anything for y/n. I'd pray for her and I'd—" he stops talking as his eyes downcast when he realizes what he would do for you. "I'd walk through heaven for her. And I mean that with no disrespect."