All My Lives

Summary: Bucky travels to a different multiverse only to find out he's married to you in it and he couldn't be more happy.
Word count: 1.5k

"Look Bucky, I just need you to travel to this multiverse, go to this address, and get some milk," Stephen says and you and Bucky look at each other confused.

"Why can't I get milk here?" Bucky asks and Stephen sighs as he rolls his eyes.

"Yea this seems a little unnecessary," you say, but immediately regret it when Stephen glares at you. Bucky puts his arm out in front of you slightly as you step closer to him for coverage.

"Don't argue with me when it comes to multiverses," he says sternly and you nod your head as you nudge Bucky forward.

"You better listen to him old man," you say and Bucky rolls his eyes at you. "Don't roll your eyes at me, James."

"Sorry, doll."

"Trust me on this one, Bucky. You want to do it," Stephen says and Bucky sighs as he looks between you and Stephen.

"Okay," he says with a nod before looking at you to see a worried look on your face. He turns to face you and cups your face with his hands. "It's gonna be okay, doll," he says and looks over his shoulder at Stephen. "It's gonna be okay, right?"

Stephen nods his head and Bucky let's out a sigh of relief before looking back at you. "I won't be gone for that long," he says and you nod as you wrap your arms around his waist and press your head into his chest.

He softly kisses the top of your head and rubs your back. Glancing over at Stephen, he sees him counting the ground, trying to distract himself from the uncomfortable position the two of you put him in.

"Alright, let's do this," Bucky says and you pull away from him and kiss his throat softly.

Bucky walked around the different multiverse, trying to absorb everything he's seeing. It's not too much different, but he does see some things that he hasn't seen before.

He pulls the piece of paper with the address out of his pocket and sets out to find it. Although it's not that easy considering he has no idea where he's going and his introverted self doesn't want to ask anyone.

So, he walks around like a crazy person until he finds the right street. He walks down and takes note to how the houses are all unusual colors. Most of the houses are pink, orange, red, or yellow.

Finally, he makes it to the right address and walks up to the front door. Knocking softly, he waits until it opens. His eyes widen in shock and confusion when you stand in front of him. Well, it's technically not you, but it is.

"Why are you knocking?" You ask confused as you pull him inside.

"I just—"

"You're home early," you say as you close the door and walk to the kitchen.

"Well actually—"

"I asked you to take the trash out on your way to work this morning," you say cutting him off and Bucky notices a picture hanging on the wall of you in a wedding dress dancing with... him. You continue going off about how "he" didn't take the trash out while Bucky continues to look around the room and sees more pictures of you and him together.

He looks at you and glances at your left right finger and sure enough, an engagement ring and a wedding ring rest on your finger.

"Well?" His eyes snap up to meet yours as you glare at him. "Are you gonna defend yourself?"