Rest Of My Life

Summary: You've been very emotional lately and Bucky's trying to be a supportive boyfriend and be as nice as possible.
Word count: 1.1k

You change out of your outfit to put a different one on. "What was wrong with that one?" Bucky asks with a frown.

"It didn't fit my body well," you say as you put on your next outfit.

"That looks very hot on you," Bucky says and you frown as you look at him. "What?" He asks.

"It looks hot on me? Gee thanks," you sniffle as you take the outfit off.

"Doll... come on. We're gonna be late," Bucky says and you roll your eyes as you look at him. "We already are late. Plus it's your best friends party why does it matter," you snap and Bucky frowns. "Oh save it Barnes."

"Y/n..." he says sadly and you frown as you walk over to him. "Don't pout," you say before walking back to your closet and grabbing another outfit.

Bucky sighs as he lays on his back and covers his face with his hands. "Okay, how about this one?" You ask as you walk out and he sits up to look at you.

He smiles as he looks at you and you start to feel uneasy. "You don't like it? What's wrong with it?" You ask as you start to take it off, but Bucky stands up quickly and stops you as he grabs the sides of your face and kisses you.

"You look beautiful. You look absolutely gorgeous and every time I look at you, I fall even more in love with you," he says and your bottom lip trembles and Bucky kisses you softly to try and stop it.

"I feel so bad for being mean to you know," you say and he shakes his head as he kisses your forehead. "It's okay, baby. Don't feel bad, I promise it's okay," he says and you smile.

"Are you ready?" You ask and Bucky nods his head.

"If you are," he says and you nod your head as you put your shoes on and Bucky kneels down to tie them for you. He stands up after he's done and kisses you softly. "You're perfect," you say with tears in your eyes.

"Please don't cry," he says and you sniffle a bit as he wipes your tears. "I hate when you cry, doll."

"I'm okay," you say before your face starts to contort in your cry face and Bucky shakes his head before he starts to twerk and you look at him scared. "You're scaring me."

"I'm sorry. C'mon doll, let's go," he says and you nod your head. "Okay," you say with a nod.

"Hey, you guys made it," Steve says once you two arrive as him and Sam approach you two.

"Yea, sorry it's my fault. I had to shit right before we were planning to leave," Bucky says and Sam laughs as he hands you both a beer. You smile at Bucky and he winks at you.

"So where's the food?" You ask Steve as you look around.

"Shit, I knew I forgot something," Steve says and Sam's eyes widen as he realizes there's no food.

"Excuse me?" You ask as you look at Bucky with a scared look and he rubs your back softly. "I can't survive without food. I need my snacks," you say.

"I'm so sorry, y/n," Steve says and you look at Bucky again and he wraps his arms around you and holds you in a hug.

"Hand me your purse," he says to you and you look at him confused before handing him your purse. He opens it and pulls out a small bag of cookies and another bag of crackers. You gasp as you grab the cookie and then throw your arms around his neck as you shower him with kisses.

He chuckles as he wraps his arms around your waist. "I love you so much. I don't know what I'd do without you," you say as tears weld in your eyes and he frowns as he kisses you.

"You guys are so cute that it's sickening," Sam says and Steve scoffs before they walk away. 

"I don't know what I'd without you," Bucky says and you pout as you look down at the floor. "Are you gonna leave me?" You ask and Bucky shakes his head with a confused look on his face.

"No of course not. Why would you ask me that? I would never leave you. You're the reason I'm here," he says.

"I thought we were here for Steve," you say as you look around for Steve, but Bucky grabs your face with his hands and forces you to look at him. "That's not what I mean," he says quietly and it takes you a few seconds, but then you realize what he's talking about.

"Bucky..." you trail off.

"Why would you think that I'm gonna leave you?" He asks and you frown as you look down at the floor ashamed.

"I've just been so emotional lately, and I've been so rude and mean to you and I haven't been appreciating everything you've been doing for me—"

"Doll, I love you with all my heart and there's nothing that could ever change that," he says with a serious look as he stares in your eyes. "Listen to me, I wanna spend the rest of my life with you."

"What?" You ask completely shocked.

"This isn't a proposal, but we've never talked about this stuff before and I'm gonna talk about it now," he says.

"Here? In a room full of drunk people?" You ask.

"Yes because you're doubting everything right now and I need to reassure you that you, y/n, are the woman of my dreams. I only see myself with you in the future. I only see myself with you in any situation, and in any universe, I would choose you," he says and you feel yourself starting to cry so you run out of the room.

Bucky sighs as he runs out of the room, after you. He watches as you run into a bathroom and lock yourself in there. He knocks on the door and tries to open it, but it doesn't budge. "Doll, open the door," he says.

"Give me a second," you say and he sighs.

"Baby just open the door—"

"IN A MINUTE!" You yell and he flinches slightly at your tone.

The door opens and you have a smile on your face. "What?" He asks.

"I'm not crazy," you say with a shrug

"I never thought you were," Bucky says.

"I know, but I did. But I'm not, I was just PMSing hard," you say and Bucky chuckles as he leans down to kiss you. "I wanna spend forever with you," you whisper and he smiles as he hugs you with teary eyes.

But he doesn't let you see that. He knows you'll start to cry and that won't help his case. So instead he holds you in his arm, like he will for the rest of his life.