Chapter 1

I stood in the bathroom stall waiting for Five to show up. It's been 5 minutes and I'm losing patience. My leg was bouncing at a rapid pace. Did something happen? He got caught didn't he son of a bit-

"Relax Arwen," My thoughts were interrupted when I saw Oliver in front of me. Oliver is my shadow. Or as I like to call him, my whisper. I summon him with my power that I was petrified of when I was a kid. But Oliver, he just shows up on his own. It's nice having him around when I'm alone.
"He's gonna show up. Just give him more time."

"That's the thing we're running out of time. We were supposed to be out of this shit hole by now!" I whisper yell. Can he hurry up!?

"Eight? You in here?" I see Five's shoes under the stall. I unlocked the door and pulled him in; shutting it behind me.

"Where the fuck were you!?" I whisper yell. I see Oliver shaking his head. I look at him with a clenched jaw. Five looks behind him to take a look at the whisperer behind his shoulder. Nothing though.

"Oliver?" He asks. I nod. No one was ever able to see him. But Five's the only one that knows about him and that he was the only shadow I let stick around because there was just something about him that comforted me. It might be because he's the only shadow that dad didn't force to try to hurt me.

"Answer the question old man!" I say quite stern. Me and Five both looked 58. We left when we were 13 causing us to age here through out time.

"The Handler..." He said. He sounded nervous. He did something.

"What. Did. You. Do." I say. I push him against the stall door holding a knife to his throat.

"She knows. She knows we're gonna leave and break the deal." I drop the knife on the tile floor. I stare at him dumbfounded.

"Get us out of here Five. She's gonna know and hell with our luck she already sent people to stop us... maybe even kill us..." I start to tear up.
"Five we can't die. We gotta get home. Our families next to die if we don't leave."

He grabs the side of my face. He saw the tears threatening to spill. He wiped my eyes and kissed my cheek.

"It's gonna be ok. Our family's gonna be ok. We are gonna be ok..." We hear bangs on the bathroom door. Someone's trying to get in. I guess he locked it though.
"Ok let's do this..." I nod my head.

"I love you Five Hargreeves..." I say looking into his green orbs.

"I love you more Eight..." He gives me a kiss. I pull him down to deepen it. He pulls away getting the portal ready.

I look at Oliver trying to keep the door from being knocked down.  He's struggling. My hands had black erupting. Three shadows spawn around me going to the door to help Oliver. I feel drained. Oliver obviously saw this and ran over to me; evaporating once his hand touches mine. I feel a little stronger but still drained. I turn around seeing Five opening the portal. Once the portal's open, I stuck my hand out pulling the shadows back to me. I take a deep breath and exhale.

"Alright, you ready?" He asks, rubbing his hands together. I nod my head.

"It's gonna be ok. We'll always be together. I promise." He kisses me again.

"Into the vortex we go asshole!" I yell, grabbing his hand. We jump in.
____________________________________
I make my way out of the portal, falling onto the dirt below me. I groan in pain trying to get up.

"Ughh thanks for catching my fall asshole." I say sarcastically.

"Who are you and who are you talking to?" I hear a voice say.

I look up to see different people... one of them wore sunglasses with crows surrounding her. Another one had a bunch of scars allover his face. Another one had a welcoming face when she smiled. I smiled back at her to mask my fear. Another one looked like Ben... nice to see one familiar face. And another one had black veins by her mouth.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" The girl with sunglasses said.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" I say. I'm trying not to panic. But I don't think I was doing a very good job at that.

"You shouldn't be here. So I suggest leaving before I tear you apart." Ben said, tentacles leaving his stomach.

"Ben? I don't understand... Ben it's me... it's Arwen. It's Eight..." I say.

"Uhh Arwen... I don't think we're home..." I hear Oliver say. I look to my left seeing him with the same look of fear in his eyes that I have.

"Ya no shit. Where's Five? I need Five right now..." My eyes start becoming watery.

"Guys stop! You're scaring her. It's ok. I'm not gonna hurt you..." The one with the welcoming smile said. She walked closer to me putting her hand out for me to shake. I look behind her at everyone else.
"They won't hurt you either. I'm Sloane. And you are?"

"Arwen or Eight..." I say shaking her hand.

"Nice to meet you. Now how about I get you settled in. I have a feeling you are gonna be staying with us for a while." She put her arm around me guiding me inside. I just nod my head.

I feel everyone staring at us. I continued walking with Sloane. I think she was trying to talk to me but, I tuned her out. All I kept playing in my head were the words that Five had said to me like a broken record.

"We'll always be together..."