Chapter 2

"Ok, this is the only room in the house that isn't occupied so it's all yours. Please, make yourself at home." Sloane said.

I walked inside the bedroom. It was small but cozy. It had a twin sized bed, a desk with a candle on it, a closet, a bookshelf and the color scheme was white and red. The comforter was white with little red hearts on it; it had a matching bed spread and pillow cases too.

"I'll get you a change of clothes since the ones you're wearing are pretty big on you." Sloane said as she was leaving the room.

"Wait my clothes are pretty big on me?!" I yell. No response.

"Did you not see yourself?" I look on the bed to see Oliver laying on his stomach while he kicks his legs.

"No and how could I possibly have known to check my reflection when I got here?" I say.

"I'm pretty sure there's a mirror in the closet if you wanna see what you look like now." He said, motioning his head toward the closet door.

I walk over to the closet; opening it. There was a mirror hanging on the door from the inside. I just stared at myself. I was my 13 year old self again. I see what Sloane ment by my clothes being pretty big on me. My suit looked like a sweet 16 dress that wasn't fitted properly.

"Fuck Oli... this isn't good. I'm 13 again... fuck!" I say.

"Hey, who's Oli?" Sloane asked as she came in the room with new clothing in her hand.

"Uhmmmm my imaginary friend?" I say in more if a questioning tone.

"Imaginary friend really? Is that the best you could come up with?" He says. This mother fucker.

"Would you just shut up? God and I thought the other  whisperers were bad."

"You sure he's imaginary? You talk to him like he's real." She said, handing me some clothes.
"Ok I got you a pair of flared jeans, a cropped fitted t-shirt, and some heeled boots. Oh and a zip up sweater." Sloane put my clothes on the bed and set the shoes on the floor.

"Thank you... I really appreciate it..." I smile at her.

"Of course. When you're done getting changed, I'll be in the living room talking with my family. They probably wanna talk to you so come down. Do you know where that is?"

"Yep. Down the main staircase and to the left." I say, taking off my old blazer.

"Perfect. See you soon." Sloane left the room, closer the door behind her.

"You gonna turned around?" I say looking at Oliver.

"Oh right. Proceed." He turns around letting me change.

When I finished getting changed into the clothes Sloane had provided for me, I took my hair out of the tight bun I had it in; causing it to cascade down my back. I grabbed a hair tie from  the desk and put my hair in a mid rise ponytail. I closed the closet door and looked to my left to see a window. I opened the bedroom door peering my head out to check if the coast is clear.

"Andddd coast is clear... perfect." I say. I closed the bedroom door; locking it. I walked over to the window and opened it; putting my left leg through it and setting my foot on the fire escape outside of it.

"Arwen what are you doing? Sloane is willing to let you stay here and you're just leaving out the window." Oliver said. I knew where he was coming from. As much as I hated growing up here, it was better than wandering around the streets waiting for someone to just pick me up. I climb back inside and shut the window. It might be completely different. I'm not at the Umbrella Academy anymore.

"Fine. I guess I'll give this place a shot."

I picked up my old clothes off the floor trying to keep it a little tidy. I went to hang up my blazer, but it slipped off the hanger making it fall on the wooden floor. Damn it. I go to pick it up when I see a gold chain sticking out of the pocket. The hell? I take the chain out to see a locket attached to it. I don't remember having a locket. I looked at the front of it. Engraved on the front of the locket was '13'? I opened the locket and saw a picture of me and Five. The '13' made sense now.

I remember the picture. We took it two days before we ran off into the future. It was when me and Five snuck out onto the roof for a little late night picnic. I sighed as I felt tears well up in my eyes. I quickly wiped them; closing the locket. I clasped it around my neck causing it to hang. I finished putting my old clothes in the closet then looked at Oliver.

"You ready to talk to them?" I ask him, still wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Ya. But are you?" He asks me sounding genuine. I just nod my head.

"Arwen... are you ok? I know you miss him a little bit. And it's ok to miss him. He's gonna come back..." I just nod my head again.

"Ok let's go down there... this is gonna either go really well... or really fucking shity..." I say. I grab Oliver's arm helping him get up off the bed. Once he's up, we start making our way down the hallway, and to the living room.