Chapter 4

I've been living with the Sparrows for three years now. It's going pretty good. Ben stopped being an asshole toward me, Jayme stopped making me picture Five which believe it or not, took a long ass while. They're actually the only ones who were giving me a hard time.

With extra training, we found out I have a new power. Instead of just summing shadows, I myself, can now become one. And let me tell you, I am WAYYY more dangerous when I am one instead of just fighting with them.

Oh and to top it all off, I stopped waiting for that little bastard... still wear the locket so I have something to remember him by. Oliver keeps telling to wait a little bit longer for Five but I just can't wait for him to show up anymore. For all I know that asshat is dead from the apocalypse.

I was now sitting on my fire escape stairs listening to 'I Think We're Alone Now' by Tiffany on my Walkman on repeat. Me and my siblings would always play this song whenever we weren't training or going on missions. I was smoking a cigarette which I started doing my first week here. No one really knows besides Ben and Sloane. Ben joins me sometimes but that's pretty rare.

The sun was completely gone now and everyone was off doing their own thing in the house. I decided to go back inside and get ready for bed. I took my headphones off pausing my music and putting the cigarette out; swatting away any left over smoke. I dropped the now crushed cigarette over the railing causing it to fall into the alleyway below. I climbed back through my window then closed it behind me.

It was pitch black in my room due to no light. My actions were paused when I heard a women's voice.

"Hello Arwen." The Handler. I turned on my desk lamp causing the room to be lit with a warm gentle glow. I knew the world felt too still.

"What do you want Handler? You already tried recruiting me last year and I told you to fuck off and rot in hell. Do I need to tell you that again?" I say. My hands start glowing black; getting ready to turn so I can beat this old hag's ass once and for all.

"Oh come on you can't be happy like this. You are a trained pragmatist in... a place you don't belong. You can't be happy like this. In your 13 year old body. Without your family. Without Five." I clenched my jaw when she said his name.

"But I am. I am happy here. I get a new leaf. I was able to start over and I am so happy..." I was now leaning against a wall with my arms crossed.

"Right, so is that why you started smoking?" I just stayed quiet.
"That's what I thought. If you work for me again, I can get you home where you really belong. This was never your home. You can be with Five again. You guys can get the happy ever after you both longed for since you were kids."

"Is the apocalypse still happening? And do not give me any of your 'I don't know' or 'you'll have to wait and see' bull crap."

"The apocalypse happened Arwen..." I felt like I was gonna throw up.
"But they survived and are currently safe in the 1960's." I looked at her in confusion.

"1960's? Ok but they're safe right? No one's out to get them?" She stayed quiet. I grabbed my pocket knife holding it to her throat; her laying flat on my bed.
"Answer the question old hag is anyone after them!?"

"They are safe... but if you don't come with me, I'm not so sure when they won't be anymore." I pulled away from her.

"So, how do I keep them safe?" I ask, sounding genuine.
"My family means too much to me to let something happen to them. No matter how much shit we put each other through. So what do I have to do?"

"I'll tell you that when we get to the commission. We have to wait for a very special guest to arrive there before you do. So, do we have a deal?" She asks putting her hand out.

"We do. Let me do one thing first before we go."

I grab a piece of paper and a pen, writing a note to the Sparrows. Knowing them, they're gonna cause a lot of chaos if they notice I went missing without saying anything.

"Ok, I'm ready." I say. I shake the Handler's hand and in the blink of an eye, I'm at the comission once again for round two.
____________________________________
~♡Sloane's POV♡~

I was sitting in my room reading when Ben barges into my room; startling me.

"Jesus Ben! Don't scare me like that!"

"Arwen's missing!! She left a note for us!" And with those words, the rest of our siblings were in the room.

"Give me the note." I say demandingly. He gives me the note and I start reading it outloud.

"Dear Sparrows,

It's me Arwen. I left to go take care of something. I don't know how long I'll be but I have a chance to keep my family safe(my other family). I don't know when I'll be back. For you guys, it could be a week. But for me, it could be a decade. I don't know yet. I just need to do this. Please don't worry about me. As you all know, I'm more then capable of protecting and defending myself. If I'm not back, just know I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for all you guys have done for me in the past three years.

Sincerely your little sister, Arwen."

Me and my siblings all look at each other.

"Shit!"