Chapter 6

Shit! I didn't even know what to do. I can't talk to him after all this time. I can't just get up and run either cause it's a lil too late for that. Instead I just continued making eye contact with him; still sipping away on my wine. He looked at me with wide eyes and an open mouth. His facial expression soon turned into love and relief. He walked toward me slowly then eventually picked up his pace. He ran toward me and just hugged me. I didn't know what to do so I just hugged him back.

"Holy shit Eight! I thought you were dead!" He said. Tears were in his eyes. He put his hand on my cheek caressing it softly with his thumb.

"Ya well. Here I am. I'm glad I can see you again. But I should probably get going. I gotta be somewhere." I say. I roll up my sleeve, looking at the watch on my wrist.

I get up grabbing my bag and placing my wine glass on the table for someone to clean up. I started walking out the building; rummaging through my bag looking for my pack of cigarettes and my lighter. I took a cigarette out of the box, holding it between my lips lighting it up and inhaling the sweet smoke. I feel him grab my hand pulling me back once we're meters away from the building. He looked at the cigarette in between my two fingers.

"You smoke now? Fuck Eight you really changed." He says laughing after. I look at him with an unamused look still blowing smoke out of my mouth waiting for him to continue.
"You went from a sweet badass woman who hated smoking to a badass bitch who thrives on the cigarette between her lips!"

"Ok so!? I changed! People change EXTREMELY in three years! And if anything I changed into my best self! And ya, I do smoke now. Because it is the only way I can forget about your bitch ass."

He looks at me dumbfounded not being able to form a single letter out of his mouth. I snicker.

"And ever since day one, I was waiting for you to come get me and take me home. But you didn't. You just assumed I died on my way through the portal and didn't even try to find out what actually happened to me."

"Eight please let me explain..." He says, his voice full of sympathy.

"I can't. I gotta go Five. Good luck with doomsday." I crush my cigarette onto the brick wall next to me then drop it on the sidewalk. I start walking back to the alley; lightning a new cigarette.
____________________________________
I ended up back in my room at home, making a crashing sound when I fell. I immediately hear footsteps bolting through the shallow hallways. In the matter of seconds, my bedroom door swings open revealing Marcus, Ben, Fei, alphonso and Jayme.

"Holy shit... Arwen!?" Jayme says in shock.

"Wait Arwen!!??" I hear down the hallway. I soon see Sloane bolt through the doorway past our siblings, running up to me pulling me into a really long hug. I smile burying my head in her chest as she hugged me.

"Where the fuck have you been!? It's been six months Arwen!" Ben yelled. I look at him, blinking rapidly.

"Six months!!?? It was one bloody day for me!" They look at me in disbelief like I'm crazy.

"ONE DAY!!?" They all yell.

"Ok ok ok hold on enough about that. What happened?" Fei asked.
"You look incredible by the way." I looked down at my outfit seeing I'm still in the dress and heels.

"Thank you. Oh and to answer your question, I was at the Commission..."

"Whoah whoah whoah the Commission?!" Ben started getting defensive.

"I don't understand. I thought you said you were done with it. You said you quit." Marcus said, coming closer toward me.

"Well... not exactly. Was I done with that shit hole? Yes absolutely. Did I quit? No. No I didn't, I ran away and just blew the whole deal off by doing so."

"What did she want Arwen? Because now she messed with you... again!" Jayme said. Thank god the Commission is a place you need a briefcase to get to or else Jayme would run down there and kill everyone in it.

"She wanted me to see if some guy ended going to a strip club in 1963. That's it..." Sloane and Ben exchanged glances like they knew something else happened.

"Spit it out Arwen. I know there's more." Ben said in a stren voice. I sucked in my lips creating a thin line on my face.

"Arwen-" Sloane started but I cut her off shortly after.

"I ran into Five."