Chapter 23

"Are you sure you're ok?" Five asked me. We were back at the academy after he got the tattoo. I can't tell him what Tammy said because what if he agrees with her...? He'll let me go because he trusts other people's words over his own...

"I'm fine mi amore I promise you. I'm just kicked that's all. We were driving all night." I answer. Based on his face, I can tell he doesn't believe me.

"Fine... I love you darling. I'll see you later so you can sleep." I nod my head then give him a peck on his lips. I walk up to the Academy doors and watch as he rides off before I head inside.

"Arwen where have you been!?" Sloane asks as she rushes over to me to wrap her arms around me.

"I was out with Five. I'm ok I promise." I explain.

"Thank God! I thought you were kugleblitzed!"

"No no no I'm not!"

"Well we can see that." I hear a voice.

I look over and see Luther standing there in the doorway of the living room. My jaw drops once I see him wearing Marcus's old suit that he would wear for missions.

"Luther I-" I couldn't even speak.

"What? Oh this?" He motioned to the suit.
"Yeah, I'm a Sparrow now! Pretty cool huh?" I just shake my head at him.

"You're not a Sparrow..." I mutter.

"Arwen..." Sloane says.

"Luther what about our family!?"

"They don't need me..." He said.

"It's not about them needing you Luther!"

"Then what is this about?"

"You're an Umbrella! Number one! We are Umbrellas! I know they took me in as a Sparrow! But I will forever call myself an Umbrella! You're not cut out to be a Sparrow!"

"Why not!?" He asked, raising his voice.

"Because Luther...! You're not heartless... You care about people... You can't even hurt a fly because you are a good person! The only good Sparrow is Sloane... What tattoo is on your left wrist?"

I watch as he rolls up his sleeve and looks at the tattoo.

"An Umbrella..."

"Then do yourself a favor and stay one..."

I then walked upstairs and went to my room. I slammed my door and rolled up my sleeve and saw the Sparrow tattoo. The raised skin in the shapes of an Umbrella being disguised by the Sparrow but still visible if you look hard enough.
____________________________________
~♡Flashback♡~

I've been stuck here for six months so far. No one has come looking for me and Five hasn't appeared yet. The tattoo is all I have left of any of them... I don't even know if Five found them or not... I like to think he did.

Anyway, I was sitting in my room just minding my own business when my head turned to my bedroom door. I heard a stampede of footsteps coming my way. The door then opened to reveal Sloane with a sorrowful expression.