Chapter 8

I just sat there silent. I didn't know what to say. He promised Five... what did he promise him? I just couldn't get it out my mind. I looked at the whisper. My eyes gazing over all his cuts and bruises.

"Bathroom. Now. I'm gonna clean you up; get you good as new. BUT, I want more answers." I say.

I got up and went back inside. Him following me. We walked to the bathroom and he sat on the toilet lid while I get the med kit and the rubbing alcohol. I looked over his cuts some more. I left the bathroom going to my room. I opened my desk drawer grabbing my sewing kit then went back to the bathroom. Oliver looked at me with a sudden glance of fear.

He hated needles. When dad tested on me, he got Oliver to appear and ran a bunch of tests on him. He stuck a bunch of needles into him in his sleep to see if he could feel anything. I tried to stop him but he did it anyway and just locked me in my room.He was asleep and when he woke up, he saw the horrific reflection of what he had looked like. Dad never took them out.

He made me and Oliver take them out. I remember crying because I couldn't protect him. Infact, I was hurting him when I took them all out; leaving him to be a bloody mess afterwards.

We were six at the time. It still haunts me.

But not as much as it haunts him.

"Wha-what are you doing with that?" He asked. He started getting flashbacks as he started pushing himself away.

"Calm down. I'm not gonna let you feel it. I'm gonna numb the areas first so you don't feel it. I'll also put a eye mask on you so you can't see it. But I'll tell you when I go to a new cut ok?" I explained. He nodded his head and I kissed his forehead and rubbed his back.
"So, explain what you promised him." I took a wet washcloth and gently dabbed the open wounds getting the dry and fresh blood off his skin.

"He wanted me to promise to keep you safe. This was before he came into the bathroom that day. Before I appeared next to you, I was outside the bathroom door talking to him." He explained. I finished wiping the blood and just looked at him with realization.

"Wait so you were the reason why he took so long to show up?" He nodded his head. I put the washcloth on the bathroom counter then reached for a cotton ball; pouring rubbing alcohol on it.
"This is gonna sting a little bit so if you wanna scream, scream."

"Yes and I am so sor-OWWWW ARWEN SHIT!!" He screamed from the contact of the cottonball smothered in rubbing alcohol hitting his open wounds. I quickly pulled it away.

"Fuck I'm so sorry. But I need to clean it. How did this happen anyway?" I ask. I started dabbing the cuts with the cotton ball again. He immediately bit his tongue trying not to scream in pain.

"The Handler did this. Every time I was reluctant about telling her where they were; especially Five. She would beat me until I spoke. It went on for 6 hours Arwen." He looked down at me with teary eyes. I felt instant regret about leaving him behind. My eyes started tearing up now too. I wiped his tears away and caressed his face.

"Fuck I'm sorry Ollie. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have left you there. This is all my fault." My voice started to break as I spoke.

"This is not your fault. Stop blameless yourself for shit like this. You always did that."

I threw away the cotton ball and put the eye mask over his eyes. He took deep breaths knowing what's about to happen. I started rubbing numbing gel around the deep ones then pinching around and area seeing if he would flinch. He didn't. I grabbed the needle and some black thread and got to work.

"Don't move or I'll mess up." I warned him.

"Wait you started stitching them?" He asks.
"I didn't even know." Thank god.

Once I finished, I put a kiss on each one I stitched. They were mainly on his arms and legs. Until I moved the bottom of his shirt up to see a bigger and deeper one.

"Shit Oliver. What happened with this one?!" He talks off the eye mask and looks at the cut then at me.

"Oh ya, forgot to mention that she cut me too. But thats the only one." I breathed heavily and started stitching it.

"Done." I say tiredly. I put everything away and helped him up.

"Can I go to bed now?" He asks. He's so exhausted. I nodded my head and grabbed his hand making him disappear.

I, myself started going to my room to sleep. I changed my pajamas and hoped under the covers and rested my head on my pillow.
____________________________________
"Eight!?" I hear Five down the hallway. He's looking for me...
"Eight where the fuck-" His sentence was cut short when he saw me kneeling in middle of the room... his eyes widen once he sees my state... his eyes go towards Luther... our family behind him looks at him then at me and Luther... I hear their faint screams...

My eyes avert down now seeing the red crimson that's pouring out of my shirt and staining my clothes. I immediately felt weak and just fell to my knees. I was trying to crawl toward Five and the rest of our siblings but I just couldn't. Five saw this and teleported right by my side.

"No. No no no this isn't happening right now... you're gonna be ok it's gonna be ok... I'm right here... you're ok Eight... you'll be ok... I'm right here ... we're right here..." He said. He was crying... his tears were hitting my cheeks making them wet... I felt my eyes getting heavy.
"I love you. I love you so fucking much darling..." He kissed my head. Then looked up toward the open door.
"But I have to go. I'll see you soon." Then he left me there, going through a blue tunnel that was slightly lit.

"One of us has to stay behind... Klaus there's no more room." I hear dad say. He then went through the door closing it behind him....

Leaving us there to die.
____________________________________
I jolt up. My breathing extremely heavy. I was home. Why did that place look oddly familiar... my eyes widened from sudden realization...

"Hotel Obsidian..."