Chapter 5

I was now sitting in my old room in the commission. I looked around for a little bit taking in the new but old scenery.

"So tell me, how does it feel to be back after three years of freedom?" I look toward my windowsill seeing Oliver sitting on it.

"It feels... strange... I've spent 20 something years trying to escape this hell hole to be with a completely new family; only to come back to the hell hole that I worked hard to get out of to try and escape again..." I reply. Oliver looks at me with sympathy as I replay every fucking mission in my eyes. It wasn't long until I felt arms wrap around me.

"I know how hard it's gonna be. And I know it seems like you're on your own, but you're not. I know Five isn't here. But I am. And I promise I always will be." Oliver said. I nestled my head deeper into his chest muffling my quiet sobs.
"I got you, Winnie." I looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"You haven't called me that since I was a kid..." He looks at me and laughs.

"Do you want me to call you by your nickname more?" He asks. I nod my head. He gives me a little kiss on my head.
"Alright go kick ass. I'll be back to check in on you sometime today."

"Ok. Bye Ollie!" And just like that, he's gone. I look toward my door when I hear a knock.
"Come in!"

"Arwen, it's time for your mission. Your job, is to make sure that Karl Cooper, is at this bar." The Handler says.

She hands me a file. I open it up to see a picture of a man in his late 30's. I look in his description:

Name: Karl Cooper

Age: 30
Sex: Male
Partner: Sissy Cooper
Children: Harlan Cooper
Occupation: Unknown
Address: The Middle Of A Field On A Farm

"What's the name of the bar?" I ask, closing the file.

"The Carousel. It's in the year 1963 so get changed appropriately." She says, getting ready to leave.

"Wait The Carousel? Isn't that a I don't know a strip club?" I ask. This mam is really sending me to make sure a guy got to a strip club.

"Yes it is. I need you to go because if he's there, then everything is set in place. So get dressed." She leaves the room, shutting the door behind her.

I go to my closet finding a black dress. The skirt is a knee length pleated skirt with a little bit of a poof. The top half of the dress is a crossbody long sleeved shirt with a v-neck. There is also a red belt and a pair of red pointed toe stilettos. Kind of like the Handler's shoes but the heel is gold.

I start getting dressed; making sure I fit the part. I decide to leave my hair down but pin two strands back creating a half up half down look.

"Are you really going through with this?" I see Oliver sitting on my bed through the mirror.

"Yes I am. This is the easiest assignment she's ever given me." I say, touching up my red lipstick.

"That's the thing. You're an assassin Winnie. This assessment is too easy for you. I just know something bad is gonna happen... you're not safe. I know it..." I pause. My eyes start widening.

"It isn't safe... you aren't safe..."

Those words echo in my head at least once a month.

"You relieved it didn't you? What Five said?"

"Shut up ok? You don't know what you are talking about. Now stay here and don't cause trouble. I'll be back when I can. I love you Ollie..." He looks at me with hurt and love in his eyes.

"I love you more Arwen. Please keep your guard up. I can't lose you..." I stick my pinky up and gesture for him to intertwine his with mine. When he does, I kiss it and pull away.

"Bye Oliver." I shut the door behind me and begin making my way toward the Handler's office.

When I get there, I barge in and sit down in a chair.

"Someone's eager. Here. To get you to 1963 and back. Do not cause a scene." She handed me a briefcase and sent me on my merry little way.
____________________________________
Next thing I knew, I fell out of a blue portal onto the hard gravel of an alley. So much for 'don't cause a scene.'

I stood up properly then dusted myself off. I picked up the briefcase and hid it in a nearby dumpster. I made my way out of the alleyway and started looking for 'The Carousel'. I then saw it a couple blocks down. She couldn't put me closer to it? I began walking. There are so many stores over here. I was walking past a beauty salon called 'Estella's'. I looked in the window then quickly did a double take.

"Alison..."

I knew it was her. There's no way it isn't. I paused for a little bit debating on going inside to see how she's doing and just to stop in and be like 'Hey Alison. Look it's Arwen and I'm alive as hell!' But I didn't. I had to stick to Commission protocol and not cause a scene.

I ended up making it to the Carousel and went inside. When I walked in, a bunch of eyes were on me. Not only that, but there were a lot of cat calls too. Disgusting pedophiles. Technically, I am 13. But I probably look much older than 13 in this outfit. I ended up sitting at a table, waiting for my guy to walk in.

"Hi hun what can I get you?" A woman asked. She had short blonde hair and a pretty revealing outfit on and a shit ton of makeup.

"I'll take red wine please." I reply, staring up at the girl.

"Oooo classy. I like it." Then she walked away.

A minute later she came back with my wineglass and bottle. She put the wineglass on the table in front of me; pouring my glass then went to put the bottle back on the tray.

"Leave the bottle hun. I might be here a while. " I said with a sarcastic smile.

"Damn well ok. Trying to catch a boyfriend in here?" She asked.

"Sort of." I say taking a sip.

"If you need help kicking his ass let me know hun." Then she walked away.

I took more sips from my wine when one of the performers were coming onto the stage. The room was suddenly filled with cat calls and a bunch of cheering. I just rolled my eyes and continued sipping. God guys can be such pigs.

I looked around and spotted him sitting at a table. Hold the fuck... is that Jack Ruby? He's talking to Jack Ruby shit!

"Did you even hear me Luther?!" I turn my head to see a short guy talking to a taller one.

"Listen, you're the one who said we should jump. And if there is a doomsday, Vanya's probably the cause. And if I was going to save the world it sure as hell is NOT gonna be with you!" Ouch. That's gotta hurt. I was able to get a look at the taller guys face. Shit Luther!

I make eye contact with him. He looks at me with wide eyes. I quickly turn my head away; keeping my eyes on him. I see him tap the shorter guy then he points at me. I see the shorter one turn around. I quickly look in that direction realizing who it is....

"Five...?"