Chapter 10

I was walking down a long hallway; tripping over my own feet with a bottle in hand. I was only slightly intoxicated but I planned on drinking more. I looked behind me to see Five stumbling over his own feet making me laugh.

"Uh oh..." Five said. I then see him drop his cereal bowl and run toward the plant at the end of the hallway. He threw up causing me to gag. I do NOT do well with throw up...

I go up to him to rub his back to comfort him and tell him it's ok. But then I hear a voice coming from one of the rooms. I get up leaving Five on the floor making my way toward the voice. I went to open the door but it was already open. It just wasn't shut all the way so I gently push on it; being able to see...dad?!

"Do we have a deal?" He said. He was talking to someone.

I went to open the door fully and barge in there until I heard a loud bang behind me. I quickly turn my head seeing Five laying down in the corner of the elevator. This guy stole my bottle too! Asshat.

"Jesus Five..."
____________________________________
I open my eyes seeing my alarm clock on my bedside table. 3:53... AM. I groan getting out of bed. We all know I'm not gonna be able to go back to sleep. I go to my dresser grabbing pajama pants and sliding them on. What? A girl can't sleep in a baggy t-shirt and underwear once in a while? Anyway, I put on my bunny slippers, grabbed a flashlight and walked out of my room. I turned on the flashlight once I stepped into the pitch black hall.

The hallways of the Academy were dark. They usually are at night when the lights are off and it's night out. No one keeps the lights on at night because no one's awake. Well except for me of course. I pointed my flashlight in whatever direction I was going. I eventually made my way to the front door of the Academy. I stood in front and it debating on leaving for a quick walk and some air. Without another thought, I opened the door and walked out.

I turned my flashlight off once I noticed the warm street lights that lit up the roads of Toronto. If I knew I'd be going for a walk, I would've bought my cassette player. And wore shoes that weren't bunny slippers.

I've been walking for quite sometime but, I can't shake the feeling that I'm being followed. I went down a dark alley and hid behind a dumpster. I saw the person walk past me so I quickly but carefully got out of hiding and went into shadow form; going up behind the person and grabbing them.

"Holy mother of fuck!! Wait Arwen!?" It was Alphonso. I quickly let him go then turned back into human form.

"Oh hey Alphonso..." I said awkwardly. He just kept blinking rapidly at me.

"Why the hell did you scare me like that!?" I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Scare you!? You scared the shit out of me! Following me? You didn't think I knew did you?" I say crossing my arms.

"No, I knew you knew. And in my defense, I wanted to see what my little sister does after hours."

"After hours? What the fuck does that even mean?"

"You know, like when everyone's asleep and shit..."

"I never do this. If I wake up from a dream in the middle of the night, then I just go to the kitchen to get water or milk. Tonight is the first time I snuck out... guess I wasn't being sneaky."