Chapter 22

"Ok so... you guys wanted to talk to me- Luther? What the hell are you doing here!?" I ask, seeing my brother sitting on the couch.
"What did I tell you guys about taking my other family hostage!?"

"Arwen... relax alright. I came here in my own free will last night." Luther explains. I then see him take Sloane's hand in his own.

"Wait are you guys... are you guys together!?"

"Would you be mad...?" Sloane asked me.

"Of course not! I'm so happy for you Slo!"

Our conversation soon ended once Ben walked in the room. He looked at me and Sloane, motioning us to leave. Sloane got up and walked toward me.

"You. Be nice." She told Ben. We both then left the room and sat on the stairs.

"So... when did that happen?" I ask her.

"The first time we held him hostage. He was leaving and I took him up to my room." She explains.

"Wow. And you didn't tell me?!" I say, sounding offended.

"I know we were going to tell you but... we didn't know how!"

"Just a little 'hey Arwen, me and your brother are dating' would've been just fine!"

I got pulled away from the conversation when I heard the sound of a motorcycle revving up outside the Academy. I looked down at what I was wearing. I have to change.

I ran up to my room and changed into some dark green baggy overalls leaving one of the straps unbuckled letting it hang, a black bralette, my black dirty canvas sneakers, and just left my hair down and flipped it back and forth adding volume. I grabbed my bag and my old black baseball cap.

I sprinted down the stairs and ran past the living room. I stopped in my tracks when I saw something I never thought I would see... Luther holding Marcus's old uniform he wore for missions. I shook my head and opened the front door and left, closing it behind me. I see Five leaning against the bike with his front facing me with his arms crossed. I walked over to him and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"Alright darling... you ready to go?" He asks me. I nod my head as Five helps me on the bike. I take my hat off so I don't lose it.

He sits in front of me and I wrap my arms around his waist for support as he kicks up the kickstand and starts speeding off. This was pretty relaxing. I had the wind in my hair. My lover driving us through the city, heading toward a forest.

When we arrived, Five got off the bike first then helped me down. There was an older woman sitting on a bench outside sipping on some beer. She looked to be in her early thirties. Five grabbed my hand and started walking us to the trailer door before we were stopped. I went in my bag and put my baseball cap back on, sighing in content.

"Can I help you?" The lady asks as she stands in front of us.

"We need to speak with Pogo." Five answers.

"It's urgent." I add on, hoping that'll work.

"Ain't no Pogo here pumpkin." She says, taking a hit from her newly lit cigarette.

God, I would do anything to get a hit of one right now. But I can't because Five took them. Five walked around her, pulling me along with him but she stood in front of us again.

"So I suggest you get the hell off my property before I call a truant officer." She threatened. Five gave her an intense stare as if he was trying to kill her.

"It's ok Tammy. Let the kids in." We hear a voice say. More specifically, Pogo's voice.

Five walks around Tammy and pulls me with him into the trailer. I'm immediately hit with the smell if alcohol and burnt out cigarettes. I start fidgeting pretty badly and Five realizes this, understanding that this was all too much for me to deal with since I'm not even ten hours sober yet.

"Eight... why don't you go sit outside, ok? I'll call you in when I'm done getting the ink." He says to me, pulling the brim of my hat down. I kissed his cheek and walked outside to talk to Tammy.

"Hey so... you're Tammy right?" I ask her as I start approaching the bench she's sitting on. She was reading a magazine.

"That's me pumpkin. Hey, aren't you in that Sparrow thing?" She asks me.

"Oh... Yeah that's... that's me." I reply.

"So... what's a girl like you doing with a guy like him?" She asks me.

"What do you mean?" I ask, taking a seat next to her.

"Girls like us want nothing more than freedom... we wanna live by our own rules... we can't be tamed... A boy like that is only gonna hold you down..." She takes a puff from her cigarette.

"He's not like that. He loves how I live by my own rules... He loves how free I can be when I'm in the right mood..."

"You see... that's where you're wrong, pumpkin... Guys like him want nothing but control over a situation. I know he's kept you waiting in the past, Arwen... Pogo told me how you waited for him every day to come and rescue you and take you home..."

She's right... All I did was wait for him... And now that he's here... I'm still waiting for him in a way...

"Now all you have to ask yourself is... was it worth the wait after all? Was it worth missing out on so much because you were waiting for him to come rescue you... not every princess needs a prince to come save them pumpkin... especially a queen..."

"Eight! I'm getting the tattoo! You can either sit outside or sit in here!" Five calls out. I get up and start walking inside the trailer.

"Hey Arwen! Think about what I said... ok?" Tammy says. I nod my head.

I don't have anything to think about... I waited for him so I can call him mine again and I finally can... I have no intentions on letting him go...