Kabanata 47

[Character Restoration progress: 99%]

Madaling araw na nang dumating siya sa sementeryo kung saan nilibing si Noa. And here he was, sitting beside her grave while waiting for the sun to start the real dimension's morning. It was still surreal for him to be with her in the same place, time, and dimension. But what lacked was her presence.

"My wordy Noa." He touched the spaces on the letters of her name carved in the stone. "I am still in pain."

At this moment, he couldn't say he truly accepted her death. There was still a tiny hope clinging to him, thinking he could still find something to bring her back to life. To see her alive. And to witness how she would going to finish his story.

"I'm sorry for thinking you've abandoned me." He let out a weak smile while remembering the two years he spent wondering why Noa suddenly left him. "I guess I would never going to have my sequel."

Bahagya siyang napatawa dahil sa sariling sinabi. Tumingin siya sa kalangitan nang maramdaman ang pamumuo ng kaniyang mga luha. "My Noa, I have avenged you. I have already killed the people who hurt you. I hope you will be at ease now."

Adamas shifted his gaze to the grave beside his Noa. It was his author's husband. The person he was based on and the name he had just borrowed.

Adamas Laurien.

He took out the piece of paper he has kept in between his corset. The paper contained Noa's order. Nilagay niya ito sa ibabaw ng lapeda ng lalaki.

"This was meant for you."

After he witnessed how Noa died, he realized that it wasn't a malfunction from the system nor did the system keep the message hidden from him. It was because it was not just for him. Noa wanted her husband to rescue her from his family. It was wishful thinking she could only write in papers because no matter how she wished for Adamas to come, he would not going to rise from the dead and give her hope again.

Noa had been longing for her husband from the moment he died. That was also the reason why she created him. She created a strong, powerful character like him who would stand proudly against anyone because that was how she sees her husband.

But in her words, she made him more perfect. She wrote him having a great and healthy body. She gave him a loud voice for anyone to hear. And a not-tearful eye to be brave enough to face any challenges.

In that way, she could fool herself from the pain of losing a loved one. Hindi niya kayang tanggapin na wala na ito kaya pinili niya na lang isulat ang lalaki upang doon ipagpatuloy ang buhay na naudlot.

He became Noa's coping mechanism. Adamas Vondrov Riscarte is an escape way for Noa.

"I did the revenge, but I will give the credit to you, crybaby." He patted his stone. "Kasi kahit ilang beses kong itanggi sa sarili ko, hindi ako ang hinanap niya. I am not the rescuer she wants."

Noa loved him, but the love was second-hand.

"And I am fine with that. As long as you love me, I am fine with that, my wordy Noa. As long as I was able to prolong your life, I am contented with that." Muli niyang hinawakan ang lapida nito. Kumirot ang puso niya habang iniisip na ito na ang huling araw na mananatili siya sa totoong dimensyon. Ito na ang huling araw na matatapakan niya ang mundo kung saan namuhay ang kaniyang manunulat.

"Thank you for writing me, for valuing a character like me, Noa. Thank you for creating me out of your love. It is because of you that I am alive and loving you." His tear fell from his eyes. "And I will forever love you."

"Mr. Adamas?"

Napaangat ang kaniyang tingin nang marinig ang boses ni Logan. He looked from behind, and he wasn't mistaken. Logan was walking towards him.