Winty's Note

Smiling Depression. A kind of depression where a person may appear happy, and all of the usual symptoms of depression are absent.

I came across this information on the internet as I was researching for this story. And it fits the core message I want to convey. This story has many underlying messages, but the very lesson I want to highlight is to be kind.

It is a simple message but it is, most of the time, overlooked. A concise message that when it is read, people would just simply nod and then ignore. I am like that too. So I want to tell you (and tell myself too) how being kind can turn someone's day around. We live different lives and we go through different challenges which make us unaware of everyone's struggle. The least we could do is offer kindness. The society we have right now is very sick, we might as well don't add more to the fever.

With that being said, I would like to thank you for reaching this part of the story. It was, I guess, not a very long journey 'no? I published this story last December 25, so it's just more than a month of updates lang pala. I didn't expect to have a lot of people walking with me on this journey. Nagulat talaga ko na nag-blow up 'yong post ko sa TikTok which eventually made the reads of this story keep on going. I had so much fun writing this. Thank you sa lahat ng sumuporta. Thank you to my writer friends, especially my ka-writing sprints. Because of you, mabilis ko 'tong natapos. To other writers as well who tried out reading my story, thank you so much. And to the readers I became close with, to those I have interacted and also, to the silent ones, I am beyond grateful to have all of you. So far, itong story na 'to ang dami kong na-gain na friendship. You made this journey more enjoyable.

I still don't want to let go of the first installment because the characters here have grown on me.  After all, they are all a piece of me. But sadly, we have reached the end. Adamas is saying goodbye to y'all! Thank you so much for welcoming the first installment with warmth!

In the midst of a toxic society, may we choose to do good and choose kind words. I hope you have realized something while reading Author's Note. And just like what Adamas said, always shine! God bless everyone and see you sa second installment (⁠つ⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)⁠つ