Chapter 2 - Kajra Kajra Kajraare

Mumbai

The next morning, Raghav was getting ready to take his mom to see the Jadhav's, " all set ? " Gauri asked, Raghav nodded and they made their way to the car. They arrived at the chawl 10 minutes later, Raghav shut the engine and was about to get out when his phone rang, " hello ? " Raghav asked, " Rags, it's me Sammy." Sammy said, " hey Sammy...I thought your flight came in the afternoon ? " Raghav asked, " yeah...well there was an opening.. so I took an earlier flight. Can you come and pick me up ? " Sammy asked, " sure " Raghav said and hung up, " what's wrong beta ? " Gauri asked coming forward to his car window, " Sammy has landed, so I need to pick him up " Raghav said, " it's ok beta....you go ahead, I'll call when I'm done " Gauri smiled, " ok mom " Raghav smiled and started the engine and drove off.

Raghav reached the airport, " haa Sammy kaha tu-" but was cut off when he bumped into something or someone, " watch where you are going " Raghav said in irritation , " Kiya....excuse me " the girl said looking up at him. Raghav studied the girl in in front of him, she was petite, with long black hair and doe-eyes adorned with kohl, " oh hello..." the girl in front of him snapped her fingers in front of him, " what are you looking at ? " the girl asked in anger, when Raghav still did not reply she mumbled " ullu ka patha " under her breath as she walked off. Raghav broke of his daze when he heard what she said, feeling insulted, Raghav wanted to go after her, but his plan was disrupted when Sammy called him " Rags...kiya hua ? " Sammy asked as he stood beside him, Raghav looked to where the girl walked off too and shook his head " kuch nahi. " he said as he turned to Sammy, " how was the flight ? " Raghav asked, " tiring " Sammy smiled, " chalo.." Raghav said as he helped Sammy carry his bags to the car.

Back at the chawl, Gauri Singhania climbed the chawl steps carefully to her drear friends chawl. Kamala was cleaning up when a knock sounded her door, looking up, Kamala was shock to find who it was. " Gauri ? " Kamala asked, Gauri smiled and nodded, " oh my god...your back !! " Kamala yelled happily and she ran to hug her friend, " when did you get back ? " Kamala asked as she ushered Gauri to the sofa, " yesterday. How are you ? " Gauri smiled and sat down, Kamala sat beside her and smiled,

" Good...good " Kamala smiled, " Kalpi kaha ? " Gauri asked, " with her friends. She was in Gujarat for college break before exams, she'll be back today " Kamala smiled. Gauri nodded and looked around," looks still the same " Gauri smiled, Kamala smiled and nodded, Gauri then looked at the pictures that were hanging, she got up at looked at the pictures, one picture was Kalpi, " Kalpi ? " Gauri asked as she pointed, Kamala nodded, Gauri turned back and looked at the pictures, " my she has grown " Gauri smiled, " yes...I'm so proud of her " Kamala said, " you should be..." Gauri giggled, " Raghav baba kaha hai ? " Kamala asked, " his friend called, so he went to pick his friend for the airport " Gauri smiled. Kamala nodded, " how has it been for him ? for you ? " Kamala asked softly, Gauri turned around and shook her head, " it's been hard...especially for Raghav... " Gauri said sadly, " don't worry Gauri, you will get justice " Kamala said holding her friends hands in encouragement. Gauri smiled and nodded, " so tell me who are these people ? " Gauri asked pointing at the picture with featured, Kalpi, Pakhi, Sanjana, Pakya and Prem, " this is Sanjana, Kapi's college friend, Pakhi and Prem " Kamala said, Gauri looked at Kamala " as in the Kapoor kids ? " Gauri asked, Kamala sighed and nodded, " kyun Kamala...kyun ? " Gauri asked feeling betrayed by her dear friends. Kamala looked at Gauri and nodded, " come let me tell you a story " Kamala said pulling her friend to sit.

For the next half and hour without details missed , Kamala told the whole story of how Kamala and Vittal came to care for the Kapoor kids, " oh my " Gauri said in shock after Kamala finished her story, Kamala nodded, " I know they are Sahil and Neetu Kapoor's children, and I know you hate them. But I promise you Pakhi and Prem are nothing like them. When Prem hit 21 he moved out, taking Pakhi with him and coming to us, he told us everything and he felt ashamed that his parents actually did something like that because of power." Kamala said, " he knows ? " Gauri asked, Kamala nodded, " everything " Kamala said, " aur Pakhi ? " Gauri asked, " not yet. We told Prem not to tell. But I have a feeling Pakhi knows as well " Kamala said, " Kamala, can you seriously believe them ? " Gauri asked, Kamala looked at her friend " I know it's hard for you to believe...but trust me, I truly believe they are nothing like Sahil and Neetu " Kamala said, Gauri nodded " ok..for you I will. But how I am going to convince Raghav ? is not gonna be easy. He hates them " Gauri said, " I know....maybe if he let's Pakhi or Prem work with him, maybe he can see that they are nothing like their parents " Kamala said, Gauri nodded " I'll see to that. " Gauri said.

They talked about the 10 years that Gauri and Raghav was in the States when, when Vittal walked in with Pakya and Prem in tow, Gauri looked up and smiled, " Vittal " Gauri smiled and hugged him " Pakya...my you have grown " Gauri smiled giving him a hug, when she came to Prem her smile lowed, Prem quickly understood the look she gave him " Umm Kamala maa, Vittal baba...I'll just be going " Prem said politely, he was about to leave when Gauri called him, " I may not believe you yet Prem Kapoor, but I am willing to give you a chance " Gauri smiled up at Prem, Prem turned around returned the smile " Thank you Mrs. Singhania....and I am truly sorry for what my parents did to you and Raghav. But please believe me and Pakhi when we say we are nothing like them. " Prem said with his head bowed at Gauri. Gauri nodded and smiled, she moved closer to Prem and gave him a hug, " call me aunty " Gauri whispered to his ear, Prem smiled and nodded.

While on the other side of Mumbai, Raghav was helping Sammy get comfortable, " so how has it been so far ? " Sammy asked as he sat down and drank is Whiskey, " so-so " Raghav said shrugging his shoulders, " Gauri aunty kaha hai ? " Sammy asked, " at her friends house " Raghav said as he gulped his Whiskey, and thinking about the girl who bumped him at the airport, " Rags ?? Yoo-hoo ?? " Sammy asked waving his hand in front of Raghav, " huh ? " Raghav responded and looked at Sammy, " you ok ? you looked distracted " Sammy asked in worry, " I'm fine. " Raghav said and he gulped his drink down " come on..let's go and get mom " Raghav said and stood.

Back in the chawl, Vittal, Kamala, Gauri, Pakya and Prem were all having a good time, until Prem's phone rang, " excuse me " Prem said and got up and walked out to answer the call, " Raghav baba is not coming ? " Vittal asked, " he'll be here soon " Gauri smiled, Prem came in a few moments later " Kamala maa, I have to go, Pakhi, Kalpi and Sanju are back " Prem said, " ok beta...drive safely " Kamala smiled, Prem smiled and left. Right after Prem left, Raghav came, Kamala, Gauri, Vittal and Pakya went to greet him, Raghav smiled and got out, " my you have grown Raghav " Kamala smiled and hugged him, " and strong " Vittal teased as he hugged him, Raghav chuckled and looked down " this is my friend Sammy. He just came back " Raghav said introducing to Sammy to them, they said their hello's to Sammy " come in " Vittal said, " it's ok Vittal uncle, maybe next time " Raghav smiled, Vittal smiled and nodded, " I'll visit soon " Gauri smiled as she hugged her friend, Kamala smiled and nodded. Sammy, Raghav and Gauri got in, with one last wave Raghav stared the engine and drove off.