Chapter 5 - Desi Beat

Mumbai

1 week later

" Ahhhhh finally...it's over " Pakhi said as she stretched, " yeah...now I can relax. Phew " Sanju replied, Kalpi just chuckled, " Pakhi...there is someone to see you." their friend said, " really ?? " Pakhi asked,

" I'll catch up with you later " Pakhi said to Kalpi and Sanju and ran downstairs, " Kaun hai Sonia ? " Kalpi asked, " Pata nahi....laraka hai " Sonia said and walked off, Kalpi looked at Sanju " laraka ? Sanju said,

" come on " Kalpi said pulling Sanju with her. Kalpi and Sanju walked up to the grounds and saw Pakhi talking with the same guy, " yeh hai " Kalpi said in shock, " do you know him ? " Sanju said, " no..but I have seen him before. He bumped me in the airport and did not say sorry" Kalpi said scrunching her nose, " sach ?? rude much " Sanju said, Kalpi nodded. After talking for some time, Pakhi finally came back to Kalpi and Sanju, " Pakhi kaun hai voh ? " Sanju asked, " oh that is the CEO of RS Construction. You know the day I went for the interview " Pakhi said happily, " yeh hai...wow " Sanju said, " nam kiya hai ? " Kalpi asked, " you seriously don't recognize him ? " Pakhi asked, " no...kyun ? " Kalpi said, " voh Raghav Singhania hai.." Pakhi said wiggling her eyebrows at Kalpi. Kalpi's whole body stiffened, " Raghav Singhania...ohhhh " Sanju said in a teasing tone, " Kalpi...Raghav Singhania hai " Sanju teased Kalpi, " shut up " Kalpi said and walked away, " did you see her face ? " Sanju said laughing, " yeah.. " Pakhi said, " wait does he know who Kalpi is ? " Sanju asked, " nope..." Pakhi smirked, " man you are sly " Sanju said, " thank you I know...come on let's go after her before she does anything sever " Pakhi chuckled and pulled Sanju with her and ran towards Kalpi.

Kalpi looked out the window in Pakhi car, " Kalpi ?? Kalpi !!! " Sanju called, " huh " Kalpi replied and looked back at Sanju, " kiya hua ? " Sanju asked, " nothing " Kalpi said shaking her head, Pakhi and Sanju exchanged smirks, " come on Kalpi....we know how you feel about him " Pakhi said, " I don't feel anything for him. He's my bully...yeah...he is my bully " Kalpi said and turned towards the window, " if he was you bully...then why did you cry day and night when he left 10 years ago " Pakhi said, " and why did you keep saying " how could you go without saying goodbye Raghav Singhania ? " " Sanju said mimicking Kalpi's voice. Kalpi kept mum, " see... " Pakhi said, " shut up " Kalpi said and crossed her arms, " ok..ok...you ready for tonight then ? " Sanju said, " yup.. " Kalpi smiled. They stopped in front of the chawl, " pick you up in an hour..ok ? " Pakhi said, Kalpi nodded, " what about you ? " Kalpi asked Sanju, " I'm going with Pakhi...she's doing my hair " Sanju smiled, " ok..see you soon " Kalpi smiled and got out. Kalpi climbed the stairs to her aai baba's chawl, " aai ? " Kalpi called out, " beti...sab teek ho ? exams ? " Kamala asked, " haan sab teek ho. Acch aaj Priya ki Roka hai..so Pakhi is picking me up later " Kalpi said, " accha...ok " Kamala said as she got back to her cooking, " I'll go and get ready " Kalpi said and ran upstairs to her chawl to get ready.

" that is a lot of stuff mom" Raghav said looking behind him in the car, " I know....but I could not resist " Gauri smiled, Raghav smiled and this mom and shook his head. 10 minutes later they arrived at the chawl, they got out and took the bags up. Kamala was cooking when a knock sounded the door, " Ohhh Gauri what is all this ? " Kamala asked, as Gauri and Raghav walked in and placed the bags on the sofa, " gifts from the states." Gauri smiled. After placing the bags on the sofa, Gauri and Raghav sat down while Kamala made some coffee " where is Kalpi ? " Gauri asked taking the cup from Kamala , " oh she is getting ready. Aaj friend ki roka..so that's why " Kamala said.

Kalpi was getting ready, when she found out that her bangles were not here " where is my bangles ? " Kalpi mumbled and she searched her dressing-drawer, " cheh...kaha hai ? maybe aai knows " Kalpi though as he hurried down to the chawl, " aai have you seen my -- " but came to a stop when she found who was in the chawl, " ahh Kalpi, looks who is here " Kamala said happily, " Namaste aunty " Kalpi smiled and Gauri, " Namaste beti " Gauri smiled, and Raghav just stared, " kiya hua beti ? " Kamala asked, " meri bangels ?? kaha hai ? the sliver ones " Kalpi asked, " oh its here " Kamala smiled and went to the cupboard and took the bangles, Kalpi smiled and put them one, " kiska friend hai beti ? " Gauri asked, " Priya, she's is getting married soon " Kalpi smiled. Just then a beep sounded " aacha mein jalti hoon " Kalpi smiled and walked out. Raghav wanted to get up and go after her, but he could not, not without his mom and Kamala-maa in the room. " so all this time that girl was Kalpi ?? meri Kalpi " Raghav thought, a smiled grew on Raghav's lips " beta kiya hua ? " Gauri asked, " kuch nahi mom " Raghav smiled and drank his coffee. Just then Vittal, Pakya and Prem walked in, " Raghav what a surprise " Vittal smiled, Raghav smiled and looked at Prem " I suppose you don't remember me " Prem said sticking out his hand, " no " Raghav frowned, " Prem...Prem Kapoor " Prem said looking straight into his eyes. Raghav immediately stiffened, " Prem..how are you ? " Gauri said quickly cutting off Raghav, " very good aunty " Prem smiled, " aunty ?? " Raghav thought angrily, " mom let's go....now " Raghav said tightly and purposely bumped Prem on his way out, " I'm sorry for his behavior " Gauri said to everyone, " no it's ok aunty. I think I should not have come " Prem said, " nonsenses Prem. I'll talk to him. I'll see you soon " Gauri smiled and walked out.

Raghav waited angrily in the car when Gauri climbed in " Raghav...." Gauri started, but Raghav just stared the engine and zoomed back. In 5 minutes, they arrived back at the villa, Raghav got out and slammed is car door and stalked towards the house, inside Raghav paced back and forth the hall,

" Raghav...." Gauri said as she stood in front of him " how can you be nice to him mom !!!?? he is a Kapoor !!! " Raghav yelled, " Raghav calm down " Gauri said calmly, " no !!!!! he killed dad..mom !!!! he is a murderer and your being nice to him !!!?? " Raghav said again as he paced back and forth, " Raghav !!! " Gauri yelled back, when Raghav stopped pacing " calm down. Yes I know he is a Kapoor, but you don't know half of it. " Gauri said as she was trying to reason with him, " I don't care mom...he is a Kapoor and he has to be destroyed " Raghav said angrily and climbed the stairs, " Raghav !!!!! Raghav !!!! " Gauri called out but it was no use, " what's wrong aunty ? " Sammy asked as she came out of his room, Gauri shook her head, " you have to help me to make him understand Sammy " Gauri said, " I'll help aunty, what is the problem ? " Sammy asked. " that was Prem Kapoor...that night with Kalpi !!!! " Raghav thought as he paced back and forth in his room, " hey man " Sammy said as he came in, " I have to keep that bastard away from Kalpi !! " Raghav said angrily, " Rags just chill " Sammy said, " no...." Raghav said again as he kept on pacing, Sammy sighed, just like what Gauri aunty said, it will take great willpower to calm him down.

Later that night, Raghav decided to "visit" Kalpi. He parked the car a few feet away from the chawl and got out. Looking around to see no one is following him, Raghav quickly climbed the stairs and carefully tip-toes across Kamala-maa's chawl and made his way upstairs to Kalpi chawl. Everything was dark which was perfect for him, he sat on one of the benches that were there and waited. After waiting for 20 minutes, Phaki's car pulled and Kalpi got out, she said goodbyes to her and carefully climbed the stairs, Raghav smirked when he saw her coming, getting into place he waited. Kalpi climbed the last flight of stairs, it was dark, she was about to put her key into the hole when a voice talked " my you have grown " the voice whispered, " oh teri !! " Kalpi gasp and turned and came face-to-face with Raghav, " tum...what are you doing here ? are you stalking me now ? " Kalpi said annoyed, Raghav smirked and walked up to her, Kalpi took a step back and hit the door, " wah..wah...what are you doing ? " Kalpi whispered, " I'm not doing anything " Raghav smirked, " then step away " Kalpi said challenging him, " stay away from Prem and Pakhi " Raghav said dangerously. Kalpi looked at him though the dark, " it's non of your business who I shall be friends with or not " Kalpi said, Raghav grabbed her, " it is my business Kalpi...anything to do with you....is my business " Raghav said into her ears huskily, " let go " Kalpi whispered harshly and Raghav let her go. Kalpi stumbled back a little and looked at him " why are you here ? " Kalpi asked, Raghav just smiled and came closer to her, he casually placed his left hand against her head, and his right hand seductively glided around her hips and pulled her close to him. Kalpi gasp and looked at him, Raghav looked deep in to Kalpi's eyes and slowly lowered his nose into her neck and took a deep breath, Kalpi's eyes involuntary closed savoring the moment, she wanted to move, but was too scared, " you smell good....like roses and vanilla " Raghav whispered into her neck. Kalpi's body shuddered with desire, but then reality hit her like a ton, with all her might, Kalpi pushed Raghav off her and quickly went into her chawl, Raghav wanted to bang on the door but stopped himself, " this is not over " Raghav said and left. Kalpi slid down on the floor after when she heard what Raghav said to her, Kalpi somehow felt scared yet excited.