Chapter 15 - Kachchi Kaliyaan

Mumbai

Its been 2 weeks since Raghav and Kalpi came back from Canada, and the office has been busy as ever. Project's were piled up and Kalpi was getting crazy, " Ohhh my head " Pakhi whined as she held her head, " here " Kalpi smiled and placed a cup of coffee in front of her. " Thanks. I heard that Prem asked you to go to the New York to overlook the project that he was having there ? " Pakhi said taking a sip, Kalpi nodded, " are you going ? " Pakhi asked, " yes. " Kalpi replied, " have you told Raghav ? " Pakhi asked, " not yet.... " Kalpi said, " do you think he'll let you go ? " Pakhi asked. Kalpi shrugged her shoulders and continued with sipping her coffee.

Later that day, Kalpi stood in front of Raghav's villa. Taking a deep breath, Kalpi rang the doorbell. Moments later the door opened by their maid, " Mrs. Singhania ? " Kalpi asked, " she's in..come in " he said, Kalpi smiled and walked in. The maid ushered Kalpi to the hall, where Gauri was reading, " Hi aunty " Kalpi smiled, " Kalpi ! what a surprise " Gauri smiled as she got up to hug her, " I came to see Raghav. Is he in ? " Kalpi asked, " yes..yes, he's in the gym. Right then straight up " Gauri smiled as she show Kalpi the way.

Kalpi followed the directions given by Gauri and found herself in front of the home-gym. Taking a deep breath, Kalpi opened the glass door and walked in. Kalpi did not see Raghav until she head a splash. Walking deeper, Kalpi found that the gym was connected to an in-door swimming pool. Kalpi walked through the door and found Raghav swimming. Kalpi sat down on one end and watched him, " nice stroke " Kalpi called out. Raghav turned when he heard a voice. Smiling when he saw Kalpi, Raghav swam towards her on the other end of the pool. " how did you find me ? " Raghav asked and his body bobbed in the pool, " your mom. " Kalpi smiled, " what are you doing here ? " Raghav asked again. Kalpi looked a long deep breath, " I came to talk to you " Kalpi said, " about ? " Raghav asked, " me going to the New York " Kalpi said.

Raghav looked at Kalpi for a long time, " your kidding right ? " Raghav asked, Kalpi shook her head, " no..I'm not " Kalpi said. Raghav immediately swam to the stairs and climbed out of the pool. Kalpi got up and looked at him, Raghav's back was turned towards her, " how long ? " he asked. " a month " Kalpi said. Raghav turned towards her in shock, " a month !!! " Raghav said, " why ? " Raghav asked, " There is a project that Prem is handling, and he wants me to oversee it " Kalpi said. " Prem ?? as in Prem Kapoor ? " Raghav asked in anger and Kalpi nodded. " No...your not going Kalpi. I just got you and now your leaving me !! " Raghav said as he walked off. Kalpi watched as Raghav walked away and sighed at his stubbornness.

Raghav got ready in anger and made his way downstairs where Kalpi and Gauri were waiting for him. " Raghav beta...just listen to her " Gauri said, Raghav shook his head, " no...she's not leaving me !!! I forbid it " Raghav said stubbornly. " Raghav...." Gauri said as she tried to calm him, " taai...let me talk to him " Kalpi smiled. Gauri nodded and walked away. " Raghav listen to me. Prem was the one who needed to go, but instead he chose to stay here and help you with your case. Raghav please don't be difficult " Kalpi said, " I don't care. Why can't Pakhi go or your bother or father ? " Raghav asked, " because they don't know much about the project as I do. Raghav please " Kalpi pleaded. Still Raghav shook his head, " Raghav. I waited 10 years for you. Why can't you wait 1 month for me ? " Kalpi asked. Raghav dropped his head in defeat, Kalpi smiled and held his hand, " Raghav..." Kalpi started, " I have to think about it " Raghav said as he climbed the stairs.

Later that night Kalpi was sitting on the swing and reading when Raghav came to her chawl. " I'll let you go..but only if you agree " Raghav said, " agreed to what ? " Kalpi asked, " an engagement " Raghav smirked. " Engagement ? " Kalpi questioned, and Raghav nodded. " so if I don't give you what you want ? " Kalpi challenge back, " I won't let you go... " Raghav said, " how ? tying me up ? " Kalpi smirked, Raghav smirked back, " if I have to " Raghav said as he moved closer to her. " fine...I'll do it " Kalpi said smiled. She was about to walk to her chawl when Raghav pulled her back and kissed her passionately.

" when are you leaving ? " Raghav asked as he laid on Kalpi's bed, " next week " Kalpi whispered. Raghav nodded and held her closer, " love you " Raghav whispered and closed his eyes. Kalpi smiled and hugged him tighter.

1 Week Later...

Raghav's house was buzzing with excitement. Today was his and Kalpi's engagement party and everyone was excited. But not as excited as Gauri. Ever since Raghav told that he and Kalpi was to be engage before she went overseas, Gauri jumped with joy and started to make the proper arrangements for the party. " you look happy " Sammy teased, " ha ha ha " Raghav said as he fixed his vest. Sammy just chuckled and walked out.

" See I told you'll be the first to get married " Sanju said, " Sanju I'm getting engaged not married " Kalpi said while fixing her dupatta, " for now. Trust me Kalpi. When you get back, there will be a wedding, I just know it " Sanju said, " yeah..Kalpi. What Sanju said is true " Pakhi replied. Kalpi looked at her two friends and shook her head.

Kalpi and her family arrived at Raghav's villa in time. " aaye..aaye" Gauri smiled as she welcomed them in. Kalpi smiled and walked in looked around. The house was decorated beautifully for the party. " wow " Kalpi thought, " I'm glad you approve. Mom can sometimes be over the top " Raghav whispered behind her. Kalpi smiled and turned around and looked at him up and down, " not bad " Kalpi said as she crossed her arms.

Kalpi and Raghav went around the room meeting and mingling with everyone. By the time, it was time for the exchange of the ring. Raghav slipped Kalpi the engagement ring onto her left ring finger and everyone clapped. Kalpi smiled " happy now ? " Kalpi whispered, " very " Raghav whispered back and pulled her close to him while they took some pictures.

The next morning, Raghav, Gauri, Kamala, Vittal, Sammy, Pakya, Sanju, Pakhi and Prem were all at the airport with Kalpi to see her off. " Call me once you land ok " Raghav said, Kalpi nodded and hug him tightly. " I'll see you in a month " Kalpi said to everyone, " bye aai..baba " Kalpi smiled and hugged them, " take care " Pakhi said as she hugged Kalpi, " call...." Sanju smiled and hugged her next. " Scott will be there when you arrive " Prem smiled and hugged her. Kalpi nodded. Kalpi walked to the check in counter and checked in, she turned around one last time and waved good bye.

Raghav felt his heart drop when he saw Kalpi walk in, he wanted to go with her so badly. " she'll be fine " Gauri smiled, Raghav smiled at Gauri and nodded. " chal " Gauri said as they both walked out of the airport.