Chapter 16 - Mitran De Boot

Mumbai

4 Weeks Later

Today was the day where Raghav will finally know the verdict on the Kapoor's. " Calm down beta..whatever happens...its happens because god wanted it " Gauri said as she saw Raghav pacing the floor of his cabin, " I hope the verdict is right. They deserve every piece of it " Raghav said. Gauri sighed and shook her head. After waiting for an hour, Prem Kapoor came, " we have a verdict " Prem said as he held up the letter, " and ? " Raghav asked, " they will be charged " Prem said happily, " you...you mean they are guilty ? " Raghav asked and Prem nodded, " we won the case " Prem said. Gauri jumped up in joy, "we won !!!!!!! we won !!!!!!!!!!! " Gauri said happily as she hugged Prem. Raghav still could not believe it. After all these years...they finally won, " Raghav beta...we won !!! " Gauri smiled and hugged Raghav tightly. Raghav then when to Prem " thank you " Raghav said as he gave Prem and man hug,
" my pleasure. I'm finally happy you got justice " Prem smiled.

Later that night, Raghav tried calling Kalpi, but he still could not get though. For the last 4 weeks, Raghav have been trying to get Kalpi on the phone but no luck. " Raghav...what's wrong ? " Gauri asked as she sat beside him, " I can't get to Kalpi mom " Raghav said sadly, " I'm sure she is busy. Don't worry " Gauri said, " anyway..tomorrow is your birthday " Gauri said happily. " I don't feel like celebrating " Raghav said, " what !!! Raghav its your birthday, and not to mention a double celebration. " Gauri said, " I don't know mom..." Raghav said, " I don't care. We are having a party. No questions " Gauri said and walked away before Raghav could stop her. Raghav sunk deeper into the sofa and sighed.

The next day, Raghav's villa was buzzing with excitement because of his birthday. Raghav looked at himself in the mirror and sighed, " oh come on man...its you birthday. You should be happy not sulk " Sammy said, but Raghav did not reply him and walked out of his room. When Raghav reached the hall, people were already gathered there, chatting, drinking and having a good time. Raghav looked around the room, hoping to spot Kalpi in the crowd, but came up short. Sighing, Raghav walked up to his mom, " and there is the birthday man..." Gauri smiled as she was talking to Kamala-maa and Vittal baba. " Happy birthday beta " Kamala smiled at him. Raghav smiled and thanked them.

Raghav mixed and mingled halfheartedly with the guest. Keeping a small smile on his face, he moved around meeting and thanking them for coming. By the time Raghav made it around, it was time to cut the cake. Raghav made a wish and blew out the candle. Everyone clapped and wished him, " happy birthday beta " Gauri smiled and hugged him. Raghav smiled and hugged his mom back. " Happy birthday Raghav. " Pakhi smiled and gave him a present. Raghav smiled and graciously accepted the gift.

After the party was over, Raghav made his way to his bedroom and laid down on the bed and closed his eyes. Kalpi arrived at the house once she heard the party was over and gently knocked the door. Gauri opened and smiled, " Hai aunty. " Kalpi smiled, " come in " Gauri said. " how was the party ? " Kalpi asked, Guri chucked, " he was sulking the whole time " Gauri said. Kalpi smiled, " is everything ready ? " Gauri asked and Kalpi nodded, " well he is upstairs. And the house is yours " Gauri smiled and hugged Kalpi and exited the house. Kalpi looked at the stairs and shook her head.

Raghav was on his bed when a knock sounded his door, " go away mom " Raghav called. Then the door opened and Raghav just kept his eyes closed, " I just want to be alone mom " Raghav said. Kalpi smiled and quietly closed the door and walked up to him and sat down beside him. Raghav felt the bed dip and just kept his eyes closed. Then he felt someone placing their hands on his propped up knee. " that's not a nice thing to say " Kalpi whispered. Raghav's eye snapped open " Kalpi...." Raghav said in shock as he got up. Kalpi smiled at him. When Raghav did not say anything, Kalpi got up and pulled him " come on...I want to show you something " Kalpi smiled and pulled him downstairs towards the garden.

Kalpi brought Raghav to the gazebo outback, " wow..." Raghav said as he saw the gazebo all lighted up. Kalpi smiled and pulled him up to the seating area. " I came for your birthday. You don't think I forgot do you ? " Kalpi asked, as she pushed him down to sit and she sat beside him. Kalpi placed a cake in front of him it was a chocolate strawberry cake, and lit the candle up and looked up at him and smiled. " Happy Birthday Raghav " Kalpi whispered. Raghav smiled and pulled her close and kissed her passionately. He broke off the kiss and looked at her, " thank you. Coming from you...it means a lot " Raghav whispered. Kalpi smiled " make a wish and blow out the candle " Kalpi smiled. " I did...and it came true " Raghav whispered and blew out the candle and hugged her tightly.

" So let me guess...I bet everyone knew that you were back " Raghav asked as they lay together on the sofa in the gazebo. " yup " Kalpi said and she cuddled closed to Raghav, " and did not tell me " Raghav said, " I made them promise. I wanted it to be a surprise " Kalpi said, " consider I was surprised " Raghav said and held her closer.