Chapter 11 - Chunariya

Mumbai

" I'm so excited " Pakhi said happily, " me too...I can't wait to get married " Sanju said fixing her earrings. They we all at Kalpi's chawl getting ready for their friends Priya's wedding. " ready ? " Pakya asked, " yup...let's go " Kalpi smiled at her brother, " aai...we are going " Pakya said, " ok have fun.." Kamala smiled as she saw them off. As they left, Raghav, Sammy and Gauri arrived at the chawl, " Gauri....Raghav ? What a surprise " Kamala smiled as she ushered them in, " just came to say hi...before these two head for a wedding " Gauri smiled. Raghav looked around to find Kalpi, but could not find her " Kalpi kaha ? " Gauri asked, " oh she just left with Pakhi, Sanju and Pakya. They just also just headed for a wedding " Kamala smiled, " ohh accha " Gauri smiled. After some time, Raghav, Sammy and Gauri decided to leave as Raghav was in a hurry, " thanks for coming " Kamala smiled.

" Wow...look at this place " Sanju said in awe as she looked around, " garden weddings are the best " Pakhi said, " yeah especially at night " Sanju, " come on " Pakya smiled as he held Pakhi hand and walked in. " there is the blushing bride " Pakhi teased as she went to hug Priya " stop it yaar..." Priya said as she hid her blushing face, " oh come on Priya....its your wedding " Sanju, " yeah and you know....wedding night " Pakhi teased, " Pakhi !!!! " Priya said in shock, " what ? " Pakhi looked at Sanju and Kalpi, " its true " Pakhi said shrugging her shoulders, Kalpi shook her head and giggled.

Raghav and Sammy arrived an hour later " wow....way to go Karan " Sammy smiled, Raghav smiled and looked at the entrance to the wedding venue, " come on...I don't want to miss anything " Sammy said as he pulled Raghav in. " two Whiskeys please " Sammy asked the bartender, the bartender smiled and passed the drinks to them, " here is to Karan " Sammy cheered and gulped the drink.

The wedding was a smashing success, after that the guest adjourned to the outside reception area. The reception area was set up under a huge tent with the colors of red and black, it gave an Arabian feel to it. " oh my god....I love it " Pakhi said excitedly, " I know...its beautiful " Kalpi smiled. " hey guys...our table is over there..table 9 " Sanju said pointing at the table with poofs. They sat down and started talking when Priya's mom came to them " Kalpi, Pakhi and Sanju...I need your help " Priya's mom said, " sure aunty " Kalpi smiled and stood up as well as Sanju and Pakhi and following Priya's mom. Raghav and Sammy come into the tent, " there is our table " Raghav said as he pointed at table 9. They placed their glass of Whiskey on the table and sat down.

" there all done " Kalpi smiled as she fixed the necklace on Priya, " very beautiful " Sanju smiled and pinched her cheeks, " yeah....Karan is gonna love you alllllll night " Pakhi teased, Kalpi giggled and Pakhi silliness, " is the bride ready ? " Priya's mom asked, " all ready aunty for a grand entrance " Pakhi smiled. Priya smiled walked out of the room. Back at the reception area, Raghav and Sammy was discussing the latest update on the Kapoor case when the lights dimmed and the music stated playing " ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the newlyweds, Mr & Mrs, Karan Verma " the MC said and the couple walked in, everyone stood up and clapped as they walked in, " Karan looks happy " Sammy teased, Raghav nodded. Kalpi was clapping when she spotted Raghav and Sammy at their table. Kalpi fels shocked but that shock later turned into annoyance when she found what Raghav was drinking, Kalpi quickly slipped out before Raghav could see her and slowly moved towards him. Once they couple was seated, everyone started to sit, " Rags I need to go and grab something " Sammy said, Raghav nodded and sat down and took a sip of his drink and looked at his phone.

Kalpi moved quietly towards him and sat beside him, when Raghav went to reach for the glass, Kalpi stopped him. Raghav turned and was shocked and looked like a kid who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Kalpi looked at him with and signaled him with her eyes, Raghav retracted his hand from the glass and Kalpi placed the glass away for him and looked back at him " Kalpi....." Raghav whispered in shock, " haan mein " Kalpi said, " what are you doing here ? " Raghav asked, " I think I should ask you the same thing " Kalpi said, " I know the groom " Raghav said, " I know the bride " Kalpi said. Raghav smirked " small world " Raghav said as he turned to face her. Raghav saw Kalpi wearing a white lengha, with a gold choli and light pink dupatta, her hair was up in a messy bun with a pink rose in it, silver jewelry adorned her neck, ears and mang and silver bangles adorned her slim wrist, " you look beautiful " Raghav whispered to her, Kalpi smiled and looked at him " and you look handsome " Kalpi said as she saw Raghav who wore a black sherwani, " you came alone ? " Raghav asked, " no...with Sanju, Pakhi and Pakya " Kalpi smiled, Raghav nodded and looked down, " kiya hua ? " Kalpi asked, " kuch nahi " Raghav smiled and shook his head. Just then the food arrived, " shall we ? " Raghav asked, Kalpi smiled and nodded. Moments later, Sanju, Sammy, Pakhi and Pakya came, " Raghav...." Pakya smiled and shook his hand, " what a surprise " Sanju said, " the groom is our friend " Sammy smiled at Sanju, " oh that wonderful, the bride is out friend " Pakhi smiled, " wow...small world " Sammy said, " yeah " Sanju said as she looked at Sammy and blushed.

After dinner, the dance floor was cleared for everyone to dance, " Kalpi...come na " Pakhi said happily and pulled her to the floor, Kalpi giggled and started dancing with the rest. Raghav smiled as he watched Kalpi danced and laughed, he wanted to dance, but somehow he opted out of it. Getting up, Raghav made his way out the tent and into the garden, finding a bench, Raghav sat down and closed his eyes. Kalpi was having fun dancing, but when she spotted Raghav missing and got worried, Kalpi slowly made her way out from the dance floor in search for Raghav. Kalpi found Raghav in the garden sitting on one of the benches. Kalpi walked towards him " Raghav...." Kalpi called out, " are you ok ? " Kalpi asked again as she sat down beside him, Raghav opened his eyes and nodded, " you're lying. What's wrong ? " Kalpi asked, " nothing is wrong " Raghav said, " then ? " Kalpi asked, " I've been thinking " Raghav said,
" about ? " Kalpi asked, " about what you said, giving Prem and Pakhi a chance " Raghav said, " and ? " Kalpi whispered, Raghav smiled, " I've decided to do that " Raghav said looking at her. Kalpi smiled softly, " Raghav...don't do it because I told you to. Do it because you want to " Kalpi said softly, Raghav nodded " I want too. If you can trust them....then so can I " Raghav said looking back at the grass. Kalpi smiled and moved closer to him. She placed her cheek on his shoulders and entwined their finger together. Raghav lifted her fingers and gently kissed her knuckles, Kalpi smiled " whatever happens...I'll be here for you " Kalpi whispered and leaned more against him, Raghav smiled and placed his chin on her head.

Kalpi and Raghav both walked back to the reception area, " need a ride ? " Raghav asked in amusement, " it's ok..." Kalpi smiled and looked at Pakhi, Pakya, Sanju and Sammy all going crazy on the dance floor, and turned back to Raghav " I think so " Kalpi said, Raghav chuckled and pulled her to car, " what about Sammy ? " Kalpi asked getting into the car, " I'll text him saying I left " Raghav smiled and closed the door, heading to the driver side and got in and drove back to the chawl. They arrived back at the chawl, and Kalpi was exhausted, Raghav opened the passenger door and carried Kalpi bridal-style, " Raghav !!! put me down " Kalpi giggled, Raghav smiled and shook his head and carried Kalpi to her chawl. Once at her chawl, Raghav placed Kalpi back on her feet and pulled her for a hug, Kalpi smiled and wrapped her arm around him " I love you " Raghav whispered, Kalpi smiled and snuggled closer to him, " have you forgotten our bet Kalpi ? " Raghav asked, " no.." Kalpi said, " then why aren't you saying it back ? we agreed when I give Prem and Pakhi a chance you said you will say it " Raghav said pulling back and looking at her, " you said you'll give them a chance. Do it first...and then I'll say it " Kalpi smiled and went to her chawl, opened the door, went in and closed the door leaving a dumbfounded Raghav outside on the balcony. After some time, Kalpi opened the door and smirked at Raghav , " close your mouth Raghav...we don't want files to fly in now don't we " Kalpi winked and closed the door. Raghav shut is mouth and smirked, " I'll make you say it Kalpi....just you wait " Raghav said in determination as he climbed down the stairs from her chawl and headed to his car, when Raghav turned back he found Kalpi smiling at him. They looked at each other and then Kalpi decided to head back inside, and Raghav got into his car and drove off home with a smile on his face.