Chapter 8 - Aankhon Ki

Mumbai

Raghav was working on his computer when a soft knock sounded his cabin door, calling out to enter, the office staff came in " Sir...there is someone here to see you " he said, " who is it ? " Raghav asked as he kept typing away," she won't say her name " the office staff said. Raghav stopped typing and looked at him with a raised eyebrow " she ? " Raghav asked, the office staff nodded " send her in then " Raghav said and he looked back at his computer. Moments later, Kalpi walked in wearing a pale white churidar, silver earing and lace white pumps, " good morning sir " Kalpi smiled, Raghav immediately looked up when her heard her voice " good morning " Raghav smirked and sat back in his chair, " what can I do for you Ms.....?? " Raghav asked, " Jadhav...Ms. Jadhav " Kalpi smirked. Raghav smirked and got up " Ms. Jadhav " Raghav said huskily, " how can I help ? " Raghav asked, " well I heard that you are looking for an assistant ? " Kalpi asked innocently, " yes..that is correct " Raghav said, " well..if the positions is still open, I don't mind taking the offer " Kalpi smiled. Raghav mentally fit-pumped, " yes the offer is still open. Do you have your resume ? " Raghav asked, Kalpi smiled and passed him her file " please have a seat " Raghav gestured her to the sofa. Kalpi looked at the sofa and smiled. They sat on the sofa, while Raghav was "going though" her file, while Kalpi was looking around his office. Raghav snapped the file close and looked at her " can I know how you came across this information of me hiring a new assistant ? " Raghav asked, " Ummm... Mrs. Singhania..your mother ? " Kalpi said looking at him. " thank you mom " Raghav thought. Raghav smiled " well...when can you start ? " Raghav asked, " just like that ? no questions or anything ? " Kalpi asked in shock. Raghav smirked " when I see potential, I go for it. No questions asked " Raghav said, and Kalpi nodded " when do you want me to start ? " Kalpi asked, " right now !! " Raghav thought, " tomorrow ? " Raghav asked, " sure " Kalpi smiled and got up as so did Raghav, stretching out her hand " thank you " Kalpi smiled, Raghav took her hand in his large ones and shook it. After seeing Kalpi out Raghav sat back down on the sofa and smiled, he went to reach his glass while thinking about Kalpi and accidentally banged his hand on the thick glass table " ahhhh...shit " Raghav cried out.

Kalpi was walking out when she remembered something " aare meri file " Kalpi said face palming her self and quickly went back to Raghav's cabin, gently knocking, Kalpi went in " Sir...I forg....oh my god Sir are you ok ? " Kalpi asked as she rushed to Raghav who was waving his hand in pain and took his hand in hers, " yeh kiya hua ? " Kalpi asked looking at his hand, " I bang it on the table " Raghav said painfully. Kalpi gently blew on his hand and to subside the pain as she checked for other injuries. Raghav looked at Kalpi, a smiled grew on his lips as he saw how much concern she had for him. Kalpi suddenly felt self-conscious, quickly dropping Raghav's hand, Kalpi stood up " it will be fine " Kalpi said as she looked everywhere but him, " I came to get my file " Kalpi said as she moved to get her file. As she turned around, Kalpi saw Raghav standing in front of her, " I'll be going now " Kalpi whispered and she stepped around him. But she did not get far when Raghav pulled her back to him and wrapped his arm around her waist and looked deep into her doe-eyes. Kalpi looked at Raghav " choddo mujhse " Kalpi whispered, " no " Raghav whispered, " never " Raghav whispered again. He slowly backed her up against the wall, " yeh teek nahi sir. " Kalpi mumbled is nervousness as she looked at Raghav. He backed her up further against the wall, " Sir....." Kalpi whispered again as she looked at Raghav. Raghav slowly reached out and traced her jaw lightly with his fingertips, Kalpi began to shuddered with desire, her eyes closed involuntarily and leaned against his fingertips , Raghav smiled and placed his forehead against hers and whispered " I have once let you go....I'm not going to let you go again... tum meri hoon Kalpi...... sirf meri ". Kalpi opened her eyes and looked at him, feeling shy, Kalpi turned her head and blushed. Raghav smiled and leaned in and kissed her cheek. Kalpi dropped her file and placed her hands on his arm and leaned more against him.

Their moment was broken off when Raghav's phone rung. Kalpi opened her eyes and blushed at the situation. Breaking away from his embrace Kalpi stepped aside and picked up her file. Raghav gave a frustrated growl and answered his phone " what is it Sam !!! ??? " Raghav asked, " woohhh someone is in a bad mood " Sammy said on the other line, " what is it ? " Raghav asked again as he looked at Kalpi who was blushing so hard, " we have a meeting in 5 minutes...and I need to discuss something with you " Sammy said. After composing herself, Kalpi looked at Raghav, " I'll be there " Raghav said and hung up. Silence surrounded them, until Kalpi decided it was time to leave. She quickly gathered her things and heard towards the door. But Raghav quickly caught her and pulled her back to him " Kalpi...." Raghav said softly, as he gently trucked a stray hair behind her ears and placed his forehand against hers. Kalpi smiled and closed her eyes and leaned against Raghav more. Raghav did not want to Kalpi go, but he knew he had to. Dropping his hands from her, " see you tomorrow...8 am..sharp " Raghav said. Kalpi nodded and quickly made her way out. After Kalpi left, Raghav felt like punching the wall " so close.....so...so...so close !!! " Raghav whispered.

Kalpi walked out of the office building with a smile on her lips. " Kalpi beti...what a pleasant surprise " Gauri smiled as she opened the door, " hi aunty...I hope I'm not intruding ? " Kalpi asked nervously," no..no..please come in " Gauri smiled and opened the door wider for Kalpi to come in. " So how was it ?? " Gauri asked as they sat at the kitchen table drinking coffee, " how was what aunty ? " Kalpi asked, " the interview ? " Gauri asked, " how did you know ? " Kalpi asked, " I have my way " Gauri winked, " so how was it ? " Gauri asked again " it went well " Kalpi smiled, " did you get the job ? " Gauri asked, Kalpi nodded, " as what ? " Gauri asked, " assistant " Kalpi smiled, Gauri's smiled grew bigger " that's wonderful beti " Gauri said happily. They talked for a few hours, then it was time for Kalpi to leave " thank you aunty " Kalpi smiled, " Kalpi please don't call me aunty..you like my daughter. Call me Taai " Gauri smiled. Kalpi smiled and nodded.

Kalpi walked home leisurely, enjoying the night sky and breeze. She came to the Mandir and decided to visit Bappa and thank him. Kalpi climbed up the steps and placed her folder down. Closing her eyes, Kalpi prayed thanking Bappa for everything and hopefully helping Raghav in his mission. After visiting the Mandir, Kalpi made it back to the chawl at 7.30 pm. " Kalpi beti...you back " Kamala smiled, " jee Aai " Kalpi smiled and sat on the sofa, " how was the interview ? ' Kamala asked, " it was good. I got hired " Kalpi said happily, " that great beti. When do you start ? " Kamala asked, " tomorrow. At 8 sharp " Kalpi said. Kamala nodded and smiled. When Vittal and Pakya arrived home, they all sat down and enjoyed dinner. " Aai...I'm going to bed " Kalpi smiled, " ok beti..good night " Kamala smiled. Kalpi climbed up to her chawl, " what a day " Kalpi said as she inserted the key into the padlock " I could not say so myself " a voice said. Kalpi gasped and turned around and saw Raghav sitting leisurely on the wooden swing and looking at the sky. " aap ? what are you doing here ? " Kalpi asked, " relaxing....and waiting for you " Raghav said as he turned towards her, " me ? you were waiting for me ? and how did you get here without Aai seeing you ? " Kalpi asked, " she saw me...but I told her I wanted to surprise you " Raghav said " kyun ? " Kalpi asked. Raghav smiled and got up and walked towards her. He then wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close " for this " Raghav whispered and he lowed his lip towards her. Kalpi quickly turned which made Raghav kiss her cheek. Raghav looked back at her " kiya hua ? " Raghav asked, Kalpi shook her head and blushed. Raghav chuckled in understanding and kissed her forehead.