Chapter 12 - Darling Dambakku

Mumbai

It was Saturday and Kalpi was enjoying her time relaxing and reading a good book, until Kamala came up to her " Kalpi beti...Gauri aunty is here and Raghav baba too " Kamala said happily, Kalpi put down her book, " really ? why ? " Kalpi asked, " they want to see you and ask you something " Kamala said. Kalpi blinked and nodded and followed Kamala to the chawl. Kalpi walked into the chawl where Gauri and Raghav was talking, they looked up when Kalpi walked in, " Kalpi !!! " Gauri smiled and stood to give her hug," taai " Kalpi smiled and hugged her back, " aai told me you wanted to talk to me ? " Kalpi asked trying to keep her eyes off from Raghav because her aai was there, " yes...well Raghav and I are travelling to Canada tomorrow to attend a family wedding and we want you to come " Gauri smiled, " me ? but taai...if it's a family wedding why do you need me ? " Kalpi asked, " well...I might have mentioned you to Mira who is Raghav's cousin and she wants to meet you " Gauri said softly, Kalpi chuckled at Gauri " taai...I would love to come " Kalpi smiled, " Gauri gave Kalpi the biggest smile and hugged her Kalpi giggled and hugged Gauri back and looked at Raghav and smiled.

Raghav felt like a weight has lifted off his shoulder when Kalpi said she will come with them. Raghav was skeptical if she would come, not that it mattered to him that she would accept the invitation.....well actually it did, he wanted Kalpi to be there with him since it's a one week affair. " perfect...the flight is tomorrow morning at 9 am, so we'll be here to pick you up at 7 am " Gauri said, Kalpi nodded and smiled. After they left Kalpi went to her chawl to pack for the trip, " Kalpi !!!!! " Sanju said happily as she walked into Kalpi's chawl, " hey Sanju " Kalpi smiled as she continued packing, " going somewhere ? " Sanju asked, Kalpi nodded, " really ?? where ???? tell me !!! " Sanju said excitedly as she sat on the sofa, " Canada....for a wedding " Kalpi said, " whose wedding ? " Sanju asked, " Raghav's cousin wedding " Kalpi said, " if it's his cousin why are you going ? " Sanju asked, " because Gauri aunty invited me and I said yes " Kalpi said, " ohhhhhhhhh........so when are you gonna tell Raghav ?? " Sanju asked, " tell him what ? " Kalpi asked blankly, " oh don't play that game with me..." Sanju said sarcastically, Kalpi blushed and smiled, " soon....maybe in Canada " Kalpi said, " haaaiiii how romantic " Sanju sighed, " speaking of romance, how are you and Sammy ? " Kalpi asked sitting beside her, Sanju immediately blushed " good....fine... " Sanju said softly, " hmmmmmm....just good ? " Kalpi asked with and eyebrow raised, " ok...ok...its going fantastic....I really like him Kalpi " Sanju whined to Kalpi, Kalpi chuckled, " I can see that...so when do I expect a wedding card form you " Kalpi teased, " no..no...your getting married first, then Pakhi and then me... " Sanju said, " no....you first..then Pakhi and then me " Kalpi said back, Sanju shook her head, " no...no...no " Sanju said, " yes...yes...yes " Kalpi chuckled, they both bust out laughing after that.

Raghav was packing his bag when Sammy walked in, " looking at the amount of clothes that you are packing. Kalpi said yes ? " Sammy teased, Raghav looked at Sammy and smiled, " ahhh...so she did " Sammy teased, " what time is the flight ? " Sammy asked, " 9 am but we have to pick her up at 7 am " Raghav said, Sammy nodded, " well....I'll let you get back to your packing " Sammy chuckled and walked out of his room. Once Raghav finished packing, he decided to relax and watch some tv. His excitement bubbled for tomorrow

The next morning, Raghav and Gauri made it to the chawl at 7 am sharp to pick up Kalpi. " ready ? " Gauri asked, Kalpi smiled and nodded and got in, " I'll call when I get there " Kalpi said to Kamala, " teek hai beti...have fun " Kamala said, " and don't be naughty " Vittal teased, Kalpi blushed, " baba !!! " Kalpi asked in shock, " just joking beti " Vittal teased, Kalpi looked at Vittal and smiled " bye baba...aai " Kalpi smiled and waved goodbye. They reached the airport by 7.30 am, checked in and waited for the flight. Kalpi yawned while waiting, " sleepy ? " Raghav chuckled, Kalpi smiled and nodded, " here...sleep, I'll wake you when we have to leave " Raghav said offering his shoulder to her, Kalpi looked at him and smiled, Kalpi gently laid her cheek on his shoulder and closed her eyes. Raghav smiled when he saw Kalpi sleeping, he gently took her hand and entwined their fingers together.