Chapter 7 - Po Po

Mumbai

Kalpi looked at the building in front of her.... " RS Constructions ". Why was she here again ? oh yes, Aai told her to send some food to Pakhi, Kalpi looked at the bag that she held in her hand and back up at the building, taking a deep breath, Kalpi walked into the lobby. Kalpi waited in the lobby for Pakhi. " Kaha voh ? " Kalpi thought as she looked around the lobby. The lobby was grandly done, " kiya bhaat hai " Kalpi thought as she looked around. " Kalpi !! " a voice called her, Kalpi turned around and smiled. Pakhi came running towards her " sorry...I was on the phone " Pakhi said innocently, " its ok...here. Aai told me to give you this " Kalpi smiled and she held up the bag for Pakhi, " sach !! oh thank you. " Pakhi and hugged Kalpi, " come na...let's share " Pakhi smiled and pulled her to the cafeteria.

Raghav was going through some files when Sammy walked in, " Raghav...we have a lunch meeting " Sammy said, Raghav nodded and put on his coat and followed Sammy out. They were waiting in the lobby for the car when they heard giggles coming from the lobby. Turning around Raghav found Kalpi laughing with Pakhi, " oooh...look who is here " Sammy teased Raghav. But Raghav did not listen to a word his said because his eyes was fixed to Kalpi who was smiling and trying to chase Pakhi.

" Jao !! " Kalpi giggled as she pushed Pakhi to the stairs, " ok...ok " Pakhi said surrendering and making her way up, " pagal " Kalpi chuckled and turned around and came face-to-face with Raghav. Kalpi's laugher died down, she straighten herself and walked to the exit. " fancy seeing you here " Raghav spoke up before Kalpi could reach the door, " just came to see Pakhi. That's all " Kalpi said looking forward and not looking at Raghav. Raghav smirked and looked at Kalpi " need a lift ? " Raghav asked. Kalpi smirked and looked at him " no need " Kalpi said and walked out. Raghav's eyes followed her " burn dude " Sammy said as he looked at Kalpi, " shut up " Raghav said and looked back at Kalpi " I will have you....just you wait Kalpi...just you wait " Raghav thought as he smirked, just the car came and both of them got in.

Kalpi walked along the park, she came up to the favorite bench and sat down. Just then her phone rang, " hello ? " Kalpi answered, " hi Kalpi beti " Gauri said happily, Kalpi smiled " hi aunty. How are you ? " Kalpi asked, " I'm good. I was wondering if you are free ? I want to see you " Gauri asked, " yes aunty. I'm free " Kalpi said, " splendid.. ok here is my address " Gauri said as she recited the house address to Kalpi, " ok aunty...see you soon " Kalpi smiled and hung up.

10 minutes later, Kalpi was looking at the door in front of her " wow " Kalpi whispered to herself. Kalpi braced herself and rang the doorbell. A few seconds later Gauri opened the door " Kalpi !! " Gauri said happily as she hugged Kalpi tightly " hi aunty " Kalpi smiled, " come in...come in " Gauri ushered Kalpi in, " come,tea is ready " Gauri smiled and pulled Kalpi with her out back where a gazebo was located. Kalpi climbed the steps gingerly and looked around " this is so beautiful " Kalpi said, " thank you....I begged Raghav to get me one " Gauri said as she poured the tea. Kalpi chuckled and sat down beside Gauri
" and it looks like he agreed " Kalpi said talking a sip.

Raghav came back at the end of the day. He placed his coat in the hall and looked for his mom " mom kaha hai ? " Raghav asked their maid, " outback sir, she has a guest " the maid said. Raghav looked out " a guest ? " Raghav thought and walked out in search for his mom. Raghav could hear giggling coming from the gazebo, which his mom made him do. Raghav climbed the steps up to the gazebo and saw who it was. Kalpi was laughing at what Gauri aunty said, " Raghav....your back " Gauri said happily, Kalpi looked up and smiled at him. " Come " Gauri said as she patted the space beside her, Raghav walked up to his mom and sat beside her, looking at Kalpi who was drinking her tea, " I have just been telling Kalpi about our time in in the States " Gauri said, " yeah...it sound interesting " Kalpi said as she placed her cup down and smiled at Gauri. " It was not that exciting " Raghav said, " oh...pray tell " Kalpi asked,
" because you were not there " Raghav thought, " it was congested " Raghav said. Kalpi looked at him weirdly, " so is Mumbai " Kalpi said as she looked at Raghav. Just then the maid came " Mim-saab, there is a call for you " the maid said, " oh ok..I'll be right back " Gauri smiled and Kalpi and hurried back to the house to take the call. Salience surrounded Kalpi and Raghav. Kalpi looked everywhere except Raghav and Raghav kept looking at her, the Kalpi cleared the throat and looked at him " you mom asked me to work for you " Kalpi said, Raghav looked up at Kalpi and smirked " did she...?? " Raghav asked, " yes she did. I told her I will think about it " Kalpi said. " Think about it ? " Raghav frowned, " are you planning to work somewhere else ? " Raghav asked tightly, " yes. I was thinking of working with Prem at his company " Kalpi challenged, she wanted to see his reaction, " Prem ? as in Prem Kapoor ? " Raghav asked tightly, " the one and only. " Kalpi smiled. Raghav wanted to kick something, but remained static, he did not want to cause a scene that would make Kalpi fear him, " I see... " Raghav said, Kalpi could see that he was hurt, right then a there her heart melted. But she knew, she could not just give in to him ...not yet.

After a much of silence, Kalpi decided to that it was time to leave " well I have to be going " Kalpi said taking her bag and stood up, but she plopped herself back on the couch " ahhhh...ooowwww " Kalpi cried out as she held her right ankle, " what's wrong ? " Raghav said worriedly as he made his way towards her " my ankle.....its...its....owwww " Kalpi cried as Raghav touched the sprained spot, " we need to get you to the hospital " Raghav said, " no..no...it's fine..." Kalpi said as she tried to stand up but no luck. " Kalpi beti....oh my god what happened ? " Gauri asked as she rushed to Kalpi, " she sprained her ankle just now " Raghav said worriedly looking at Kalpi who held onto her ankle and cried out in pain
" well we need to get her to the hospital " Gauri said, " no aunty...I just need rest. " Kalpi said as she looked at Guri giving her a sign that she was only acting. Gauri immediately understood what she was doing, " Raghav...you have to take her back....poor child " Gauri said sadly. Raghav nodded and helped Kalpi up, he placed his hand under her knees and lifted her bridal style and walked to the car. Kalpi looked back at Gauri and winked.

During the car ride back home, Kalpi pretended to be in pain, Raghav looked at her worriedly " are you sure you don't want to go the hospital ? " Raghav asked, " no..no...these things happen a lot. I just need rest " Kalpi said in pain. Raghav drove quickly back to the chawl. When they arrived back at the chawl, Raghav carefully carried Kalpi up, " Kalpi beti...what happened ? " Kamala asked as Raghav placed Kalpi on the couch, " she sprained her ankle " Raghav said, " oh dear " Kamala said as she looked at the ankle, " ouch !! " Kalpi cried out when Kamala touched her sprained ankle. Raghav looked on, worried if Kalpi was going to be ok, " thank you beta...for sending her back. " Kamala said to Raghav, Raghav smiled and nodded " I have to get back " Raghav said, " accha beta " Kamala said as she walked out with Raghav to his car.

Kalpi pretend to cry until he was downstairs. Peeking, Kalpi quickly got up and walked out and smirked. Raghav was getting into the car, when he saw Kalpi smiling down at him, she did a little dance and ran upstairs to her chawl, Raghav was shocked at what happened, " Raghav beta...are you ok ? " Kamala asked, " huh...yeah..." Raghav nodded and got into his car and zoomed off. Raghav smirked the whole way back " that little minx..." Raghav thought naughtily, " I'll get you for that Kalpi... 2 people can play the same game " Raghav whispered as he picked up speed.