Chapter 3: The Beginning of Jennifer's Journey

Jennifer was heading back home with her newly obtained Flacub inside of its Pokeball strapped on her belt. Her brand new Pokedex was being carried in her left hand.

As she arrived back at her house, she opened the door and headed on inside, taking her shoes off and slipping on her house shoes.

"I'm back!" She announced as she closed the front door and walked further into the house.

"Jen in the living room!" Jessie called back.

"Okay," Jennifer said as she started making her way to the living room, wondering what mother had for her before she left for a journey other than her packed backpack.

~~~~

Jennifer walked into the living room, which was filled with red and black furniture. She spotted her mother sitting on the couch with her beautiful Solan Persian lying right next to her.

"Hello, mother and Mysau," She greeted.

"I'm guessing that you got the Pokemon you wanted based on the expression on your face," Mysau said calmly.

"Yeah, I did since I was given the first pick being the only female receiving a Pokemon today," Jennifer said with a giant smile on her face.

"I'm glad you got the Pokemon you wanted, sweetie," Jessie said, getting up from the couch as she grabbed a purple box off the end table."I brought this for you yesterday as a late birthday gift, not counting your new clothes and bag," She said, giving the box to Jennifer.

"You got me something else?" Jennifer questioned.

"Go ahead, open it," Jessie said.

Jennifer nodded as she took the top off of the box her mother had headed to her and her eyes widened slightly as she pulled out what was inside, which was a medium size purple rectangular device that had purple and white with a hint of red Pokeball-style button on the front of it at the bottom.

"Wow isn't this," Jennifer trailed off, not knowing what to say about her mother's new present.

"That's right; it's the latest version of the Pokepod," Jessie replied."It has a map of the Solan region installed, and even the radio station to listen to music, and finally, it also can be used to make calls."

"Wow, mother, it's fantastic. I especially like the color and design you got me," Jennifer said, looking over her new Pokepod.

"I know that purple is one of your favorite colors, so I got you one in purple instead of the common red and white one," Jessie explained.

"It's fantastic. Thanks so much, mother," Jennifer said, hugging her mother tightly.

"Of course; how else will I reach you to check on you when you're not near a Pokemon Center to call me," Jessie replied."Now their one more thing before you go show off your starter Pokemon to him. No need to show me; I already had an idea of you getting the Fire type since I saw how to look at it during the documentary on tv."

"You know me so well," Jennifer smiled, knowing her mother paid close attention to both her children's likes and dislikes.

"Of course, now let me get your backpack and the other thing I have for you," Jessie said, walking out of the living for a brief minute to grab Jennifer's backpack and whatever else she had for her.

After a few minutes, Jessie returned with a black-and-white side bag in one hand while something round was in her other hand. "I packed your jacket for when it gets cold since, just like me, the cold is not your best friend. Pretty of extra clothes, snacks, and some Pokemon food recipes and meals that are easy to make while traveling," She explained, giving the bag to Jennifer.