Chapter 13: Septaclely Coordinator Assulat

It had been hours since Jennifer's gym battle against Marius and Blossom after eating dinner with Roy and Diamond. Jennifer was lying in bed looking at the ceiling with Starla curled up at the foot of the bed, breathing softly.

"Ugh," Jennifer groaned quietly as she sat up in bed and carefully got up, walked over to the window, and looked out at the stars.

"Meow?" Starla questioned, yawning as she walked on over toward Jennifer.

"Sorry, Starla, I didn't mean to wake you up," Jennifer said softly, apologizing so she didn't wake up Diamond as well.

"Meowth," Starla said, looking at Jennifer with narrowed eyes.

"It's nothing. Go back to sleep. I'm going to see if mom's still awake," Jennifer said, walking towards the door to head out of the room to call her mom if she hadn't gone to sleep yet.

"Meow," Starla said with a shake of her head and got back on the bed sending Jennifer one last glance as she left the room.

~~~~

Jennifer was sitting in front of the video phone as it rang for a few minutes until her mom appeared on the screen wearing a pink nightgown and a pink towel wrapped around her hair.

"Ah, Jen, what are you still doing up? Aren't you tired after your gym battle" Jessie asked, taking off the towel and revealing her waist-length magenta hair.

"I couldn't sleep; sorry if I disturbed you getting ready for bed," Jennifer said.

"Oh, Jen, you never disturb me your, my precious Angel," Jessie said smiling."Now what bothering you?" She asked.

"It's just tomorrow entering the Sunēkuuddo City Pokemon contest," Jennifer said.

"Ah, your feeling nervous about your very first Pokemon contest," Jessie commented.

"Yeah, it's just that it's my first contest, and I remembered how you did in your Pokemon Contest and grand festival," Jennifer said, placing her fist against her cheek.

"Hey Jen, you're going to be fantastic tomorrow, and even lf you don't win like your Gym battle, I will be proud of you," Jessie said."Now get to bed, and I be watching you with Persain and the rest of the family. Your dad took tomorrow off."

"Right; good night Mom, and thanks for believing in me despite my main goal being in the Sola league but. I decided that it couldn't hurt to give it a try," She said.

"Of course, I love you and want you to follow your dreams, unlike how I gave up on one until your father gave me hope to try again," Jessie said, smiling.

"Right," Jennifer said, ending the call as she stood up and headed back to her and Diamond's room to sleep for the evening.

~~~~

The following day everyone was gathered in their seats, waiting for the contest to start, including Roy, who was close to the front holding Jennifer's egg.

While the contestant like Jennifer we're in the dressing room getting ready for the contest. Jennifer was standing in front of a mirror, wearing a beautiful white dress with red bows on the front and back. She also had on white boots, and she tied up in a bun.

 She also had on white boots, and she tied up in a bun