Chapter 9: Hello Sunēkuuddo City

Jennifer, Starla, and Diamond walked through the entrance of Sunēkuuddo City and took a look around.

"Wow, this city is beautiful compared to the Crimson theme of Guren City," Diamond said in astonishment.

The sun reflected off the building, giving it a nice shine. There were also tons of different shops selling. Some of them looked like shops were trading for items, and the city was filled with the lovely scent of spices coming from the restaurants.

"It seems to have a lot of shops and a pungent smell of spices," Jennifer commented.

"Yeah, I don't know much about the cities and towns away from home, but I believe this city is known for trading for rare items, sometimes for other items or just money," Diamond stated."It is also known for spicy food like curry Ramen, nothing compared to Glalar, at least that is what my mom says from her travels as a kid," She said.

"Cool," Jennifer said.

After ten minutes of walking, they finally found the Pokémon Center.

"We made it to the Pokémon Center," Diamond said with a sigh of relief, happy to be done from all the walking in the forest to get to the city but was glad it didn't take more than a few days to get out of there.

"Come on, let's get a heal or Pokémon and get us a room," Jennifer said as she and Diamond walked inside Pokémon and towards Nurse Joy.

"We would like to Check in for a room and heal or Pokémon," Jennifer said, holding up her four Pokeballs

"Yes, of course; place your Pokeballs on your tray and your Solan Meowth on the padded seat," Nurse Joy said, pushing a tray toward Jennifer and Diamond.

Jennifer and Diamond placed their Pokeballs on the tray.  Once doing that, Jennifer gently lifted up Starla and put her on the padded seat.

"Try to stay calm, Starla, alright? Everything will be fine, " Jennifer said softly, petting Starla's head."Can you check my Egg as well, please?" She asked, pulling her egg from the bag and putting it next to Starla, who carefully held it with her paws.

"Yes, of course, I can look at it, and here is your room key," Nurse Joy said, handing a key with the number ten on it to Jennifer.

"Thank you," They both said.

Jennifer and walked off and down the back hall to the room with the number ten on it. They walked inside and placed their bag on the beds.

"I'm so excited for tomorrow. I will get to challenge my first Gym for my first gym badge," Jennifer said with excitement and a giant smile on her face.

"Hey, Jennifer, are you sure that you are ready? You only have one Pokémon good against Water types?" Diamond asked, worried.

"Hey, don't worry. I plan to do some training today. It's still decently early before evening, and I train tomorrow morning before my gym match in the afternoon," Jennifer replied.

"Alright, well, I'm going to call my mom about my Pokémon Contest coming up," Diamond said.

"I should call my mom, but I do that on the way to the shop to buy more ingredients for Pokémon food. My mom only pre-made a couple of cans for each type, so there is food for every type I catch on hand. I mainly need more for dark/flying, Fire, grass, and fairy," Jennifer said, recalling the typings she had at the moment.

"Alright, see you when you get back. Make sure you get back in time to get your Pokémon," Diamond said as Jennifer started to leave the room.

"It shouldn't take long," Jennifer called back.