Chapter 10: New Faces & Final Training Touches

The following day Jennifer woke up to see Starla curled up, sleeping at the foot of the bed.  She smiled softly as she rubbed behind Starla's ear, making her twitch her leg slightly.

"I hope you're ready for today Starla," Jennifer said softly as she climbed out of bed and headed to the bathroom to get ready.

After an excellent refreshing warm ten minutes shower, Jennifer walked out of the bathroom wearing his usual grey jacket over her dark green shirt that had a Pokeball logo on it. She had a lot of green shirts, with it being her favorite color.

"Meow," Starla cried out, opening her eyes to see Jennifer wearing her black boots

"Morning, Starla, time for breakfast, and then we need to get more training in with Sage," She said, looking over at Starla.

"Meowth," Starla cried out, sitting up and pointing at the nightstands where the egg was.

"I haven't forgotten I'm taking it with me," Jennifer said, picking up the egg."I leave a note letting Diamond know that we are heading out to train after breakfast," She said, pulling out a small card from her bag with her free hand and writing a quick message.

"Meow," Starls cried out, rolling her eyes as she jumped off the bed and started walking towards the door.

"Come, Starla. She is our new friend. Try to get to know her before you judge," Jennifer said, petting Starla's head before opening the door and walking out of the room to grab breakfast.

~~~

Jennifer was now sitting in the cafeteria of the Pokemon Center, eating bacon and French toast with a cup of Pinap berry juice. Starla, Ace, Sage, and Starfire we're all eating a nice bowl of Pokemon food with berries mixed in it from the Pokemon Center for extra nutrients.

"Sage and Starla ratio because we got training for the gym," Jenifer said, looking over at her new grass-type Raccon and Starla."You're my best bet for the water-type gym. Star fire is weak to water and doesn't have much coverage for water types, and Ace will be slowed down if his wings get drenched. He could stay a chance if we work on his speed to dodge," She said, looking over at Ace playing with his wings.

"Excuse me," an incredibly soft voice said from her behind her seat, gaining her attention.

Jennifer turned around to see a ten-year-old girl with fair skin, bright blue eyes, and short light pink hair. She had on a sleeveless light blue shirt, pink pants, dark green boots, and a teal bow in her hair. She also had on long gray gloves.