Chapter 7: Trouble in Guren Forest

Jennifer, Diamond, and Starla, we're now about to enter Guren Forest after filling up their empty bottles with fresh water.

"It's mid-afternoon, so I suggest we travel through here until the sun starts setting and then set up camp and have dinner for the night," Jennifer said."That way, we can get as far as we can for today and make it in time for your contest."

"That sounds good. The contest is in three days," Diamond said.

"We should be out of there before then as long as we don't have any issues getting through here," Jennifer said.

"Meow," Starla cried out.

"Starla, she is not leaving, so please, at least try to pretend to like her," Jennifer sighed, petting Starla's head.

"She must have been hurt pretty bad she doesn't even trust you fully," Diamon commented as Starla smacked away Jennifer's hand.

"Yeah, it was a pretty bad incident," Jennifer said, looking at Starla.

"I'm sure it must have been with her behavior," Diamond said.

"Well, I'm sure you want to hear about Mom," Jennifer said.

"Yeah," Diamond said with a giant smile on her face.

~~~~

Jennifer told of the fantastic stories her mom always told her about her time in the Pokemon contest.

"Her best performances were with Dustox and Seviper in the Sinnoh Region."

"Wow, Shinnoh, my older cousin Paul is from Sinnoh," Diamond said.

"That's cool. My mom mentioned that name once during her time in Shinnoh before the journeys ended. Still, I don't recall the last region she traveled in," Jennifer said with narrow eyes trying to remember all the regions after Jessie's stories of Shinnoh.

"Really, she met Paul?" Diamon asked."Also, did she tell many stories after Shinnoh that weren't very interesting, so you forgot them?"

"No, it wasn't. That just started having a lot on my mind," Jennifer replied.

Their conversation was put on hold as they heard an angry growl.

"Meow," Starla cried out, looking toward the bushes.

"What was that?" Diamond questioned.

"It seems to be coming from over there," Jennifer said, walking over toward the bushes.

Jennifer, Starla, and Diamond stick their heads through the bushes to see the back of two figures dressed in yellow and black.

They stood before an excellent grass-type canine Pokemon with its back arch growling at the two people.