Chapter 14: Arrival Of New Rivalaries

"Alright, let's see what the judges have to say, "Rhian said, standing before the curtain."The eight contestants moving on to the next round contest battle are," She said as the attention was brought to the large screen above her.

"So the results are here. Let's see who made it to the next round," Roy said, looking at the screen curiously.

"I don't doubt that both of your friends have made it t the next round," Oswald said.

"These lucky eight!" Rhian announced as the screen showed the eight contestants, with Jennifer and Diamond both making it, along with Sammy and Anabel and the other contestants that weren't as important to Roy.

'It looks like Jennifer and Diamond made it to the next round.' Roy thought, looking at the screen.

"Not surprised they were both pretty good in the first round," Oswald commented.

~~~~

In the waiting room...

"I made it, yes!" Diamond said happily.

"Awesome, we both made it," Jennifer said, raising her fist.

"Meow," Starla cried, looking at Jennifer shaking her head.

"It is such a relief," Diamond said, taking a deep breath.

"Congratulations," Sammy said, looking over at Diamond.

"Thanks, Sammy but you made it look easy with that performance of yours," Diamond said." I can see why you already have a ribbon."

"I wouldn't be too sure about that," Sammy said.

"I got to call my mom and my cousins if they're not busy," Diamond said, heading off to call her mom.

"She is an interesting person with bad nerves but excitable," Jennifer commented.

"Well, Jeni has been a while," Anabel said, walking over toward Jennifer.

"Anabel didn't expect you to come all the way here to enter the Pokemon Contests haven't seen you since I moved," Jennifer said, hugging her second best friend from back at home, the daughter of one of her mom's old bike gang friends.

"I decided to start away from home," Anabel stated, hugging Jennifer back.

Diamond then walked back into the room as the matchups were being determined. The first matchup was between Jennifer and Sammy, and the second was Diamond against a curly brown hair boy and Anabel against a girl with silky orange hair. The last match was two boys against each other.

"So it's Sammy and me," Jennifer said, returning Starla.

"I'm positive you will do great," Diamond said.

"Thank you," Jennifer said, smiling."Let's get a winning streak going. One badge won. Now let's get a contest ribbon!" She cheered.

Sammy looked over at Jennifer curiously.

"Hold on, Jennifer remember an appeal battle different from a gym battle," Diamond stated.

"Hey, don't worry, I can handle it with no problem," Jennifer replied.

Sammy walked over to Jennifer.

"Hey Sammy looking forward to our match," Jennifer said, holding out a hand.

"Hold on, are you saying you're entering into Sola League?" Sammy asked.

"Yeah, that what I started my journey in the first place," Jenifer replied.