Chapter 12: The Marine Badge

"Yes, Beaquat was my first Pokemon. I met her as a kid when on vacation with my family," Marius said with a smile."Alright, Jennifer, so who will face my Beaquat?" He asked, getting serious.

Jenifer took out her pokedex and scanned her tough-looking opponent.

"Beaquat, The Aquatic Bearded Dragon Pokemon. Water and dark type. Beaquat often swims in groups, and the youngest often fight the strongest of the group for leadership. When the group is in danger, or the territory is evaded, the leader of the group will use all its strength to defend it, family, and friends. Beaquat is the evolved form of Bealing, a pure Water type until it evolves."

"That right, my Bealing evolved in my last battle yesterday. That boy was good, but his attitude was terrible," Marius commented.

"Starla! I choose you!" Jennifer said, throwing a Pokeball with a smile. Starla materialized, landed on the platform, and glanced at Beaquat."Starla that Marius' strongest Pokemon."

"Meowth!" Starla cried out, eyes filled with fire as she glared at Beaquat.

"That's right, Starla, we can do this! Let's start Lunar Glow!"

Starla let out a cry as she summoned pink energy around her as the area started to glow a bright pink, almost as if it was like a on sunny day. "Now that is out of the way, let's start this off with. Disarming Voice!"

"Beaquat! Dive and Bite!" Marius commanded.

The aquatic Bearded Dragon swam into the water with haste as a powerful wave came from Starla's mouth, as she let out a loud cry.

"Wow! Look at the combination! It's perfect for a Fairy type," Blossom said, admiring the bright pink light combined with the Disarming voice.

"Yeah, too bad Beaquat already swam away," Ash commented as the aquatic Beard Dragon emerged beside Starla catching her in a power grip of its jaw.

"Starla, no!" Jennifer shouted.

"Come on, Jenny! I know you can win thi!" Roy cheered."Don't give up until the end!"

Jennifer's eyes widen at the familiar voice belonging to Roy. She shook her head and gained her focus."You heard him, girl. We aren't giving up! Losen your body slightly," She commanded.

"Now, why would you do that?" Marius asked curiously as Beaquat continued to crush Starla.

"Meow!" Starla cried out, wondering what Jennifer was planning now.

"Now use Iron Tail to lose the grip. Then Moonlight!" Jennifer called out.

Starla-tailed glowed white as she smacked Beaquat's mouth opening, freeing herself, and then she used Moonlight as a bright light shined down on her, regaining her health.

"That was a clever move, but what now?" Marius asked his challenger. Jennifer had a determined grin on her face.

"Alright! Swift with a combined Disarming Voice!" Jennifer called out.

Soon a barge of golden stars was heading straight toward Beaquat as a wave of Disarming Voice added to them, boosting up the speed and power.

"Alright, let's finish this battle once and for all!" Marius screamed."Now Beaquat Dragon Pluse!"

"Quat!" Beaquat cried out loudly as it released a powerful dark purple blast from its and collided with the incoming swift and Disarming voice. The collision created a gruesome explosion sending both Pokemon crashing back as dust filled the gym.

The dust cleared away after some time, revealing that both pokemon were on the ground. Starla cried out as she attempted to stand on up, shaking slightly.