Mixed Feelings

That night

Liu's pov:

It's somewhere past midnight.... Sully's slowed breathing made it obvious he was asleep, and chances are Slender is as well. Sleep however decided to avoid me. Hence why I'm currently laying on my back staring at the ceiling. Going to Slender's mansion is always something that scared me. The current situation and the fact that I don't have a choice makes it ten times worse. I wasn't scared of the mansion itself but more of who's in there. My brother to be more specific. My mind drifted to us laughing and playing, and just being kids. But that wasn't him...... it hasn't been him in the past seven years... I don't know who he is anymore... I last saw him seven years ago.... one that cursed night... The night he became the killer the world knows him as. The night where he killed our parents and tried to kill me..... I don't know why he did.... Why? Why did he have to kill them? Why did he try to kill me? 'Does he truly hate me that badly?' Even worse why do I still care?! Ever since I woke up from the coma he sent me in I've been having this dilemma. At first... it was easy to take a side. I was so frustrated and angry..... and lost. I still feel that way if I'm being honest. But... as the days turned into months... and those turned into years.... the side that still stupidly cares became stronger. Harder to ignore... refusing to just accept the frustration. Insisting that there's an explanation, there's a solution. That there's a way I can have the last living member of my family back. That we can fix this mess. My thoughts made me antsy and brought back my frustration. 'I need to get out..' The room felt suffocating.

I didn't want to wake up Slender by sneaking out. So I opted for the window instead. I know from past times that this never bothered Sully so I didn't have to worry about waking him. I climbed out the window and felt the cool autumn air around me. I shut the window and walked around to clear my head. I walked around feeling the cool grass against my feet and the wind slipping past. I shiver slight from it. I slightly regretted not grabbing a jacket and just going out in the T-shirt and sweatpants I slept in, but I didn't regret it enough to head back. I went to the train tracks that I was at this morning and sat down. I pulled my knees to my chest and rested my head on them. I felt so much calmer during my walk. My frustration and confusion drifted away with the wind. My head was once again clear. I looked up at the sky absent-mindedly. Admiring the stars dotting the sky along with the moon only appearing as a cresent tonight. I stared at the sky while the wind played with my clothes and my hair.

Sully's pov:

I'm not exactly sure why I woke up. I just woke up randomly for no reason. 'Maybe it's just because of today's events.' I ran a hand through my black hair. I glanced at Liu's bed to check on him to see it's empty. I get out of bed and look for any troubling signs. It didn't look like there was any form of a struggle and if someone did come in here Liu would have instantly woken up being a light sleeper and all. 'Did he sneak out?' Well there's only way to check. I slip on a pair of tennis shoes and grab my jacket. As I grabbed it I saw that Liu's was still in the closet. I rolled my eyes and grab it. 'Of course he's probably stupid enough to sneak out without a jacket.' I saw Liu's shoes out of the corner of my eye. 'Or shoes...... the idiot.' I sigh and slip on my jacket before sneaking out the front door.

I wandered around on autopilot. Letting my senses lead to Liu rather than finding him. Knowing where a person is ninety percent of the time was a perk of being a split personality. You almost always know where the person you're connect to is. I wander down to the one bridge to see Liu sitting down there. Still in the clothes he normally sleeps in and without shoes. Or anything else to block out the cold besides one of the scarves he's always wearing. I rolled my eyes and huffed slightly. 'Why am I not surprised?' "You know that when you go out during the night you normally wear a jacket or something. Right?" Liu jumped slightly at my sudden announcement. "S-Sully! You scared me! Sorry did I wake you?" Liu stood up and dusted himself off become meeting my gaze. Of course, he's more worried about waking me then why in the world he's out here in the middle of the night in the first place. I sighed before answering. "No you didn't wake me. I just woke up to see you gone. I figured I'd grab you a jacket considering you irresponsibly left without one." I rolled my eyes at the end. Liu chuckled sheepishly and took the jacket I offered to him. "Sorry didn't mean to drag you out here." "Why are you out here in the first place?" Liu just sighed and turned away to look past the edge of the bridge. "Sorry I just needed to get out..." I nodded catching the message behind his statement. Normally when I actually caught Liu after he snuck out it's because his mind was wandering to..... well him. And he just needed a way to calm back down. I sat down on the wooden part of the tracks and got comfy. Liu followed suit by sitting back down and bringing his knees to his chest again. "You wanna talk about it?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is just a reminder but remember that you guys choose if this story continues. So if you like it and want more you gotta let me know. Idc what it is. A vote, a comment suggesting something I could do better, something you liked Idk. Anyways that's all I wanted. Stay safe!