Rising Tensions prt2

Sully's pov:

"Why did he even bring him here anyways?" I said louder than I probably needed to. I scooped up a rock while I was walking and threw it into the distance. "I...... I don't know Sul.." I barely heard Liu say. He was walking behind me, so I had to turn around to see him. Shortly after I did turn around, I closed the distance between us. Liu had was looking sideways, head hanging down slightly. He looked like he was on the verge of another break down. I rested my hand on his shoulder before tilting his head up using my other hand. "Liu, are you going to be alright?" I didn't like how much stress Liu was feeling. It's not just me and him. Liu feels like he needs to keep everything under wraps, so he doesn't give anyone a reason to worry. "I'll be fine... don't worry about me." Liu tried to give me a reassuring smile along with his words, but it was way too forced. I sighed out of annoyance and rolled my eyes. "Liu, I don't have to even be a split personality to know that's a lie. You always tell me to talk to you. I'm just asking you to talk to me now. Alright?"

Liu's pov:

Sully trapped me with that statement, and he knows it too. How is he supposed to talk to me openly, when I don't do the same for him. I lowered my head in defeat and tried to think how to explain it. Sully acknowledged my defeat and rested his hands on my shoulder. Offering warmth and comfort. "It's...... it's just so hard. I understand he's trying to be nice to me..... but.... after what happened. My brain keeps going back to that night. It's hard enough not to start screaming when he's anywhere close to me..... I wanted to see him again.... but I wanted to wait till I was ready to. And I'm anything but ready. I don't know how to face him.... without seeing him standing over me with a knife.."

Sully's pov:

When Liu lowered his head, announcing defeat. I let him take his time. I knew it was hard for him to explain, especially towards me. Liu's arms wrapped around him unconsciously while he gathered everything. When Liu was ready to speak, his gaze dropped and his grip on himself tightened. "It's...... it's just so hard. I understand he's trying to be nice to me..... but.... after what happened. My brain keeps going back to that night. It's hard enough not to start screaming when he's anywhere close to me..... I wanted to see him again.... but I wanted to wait till I was ready to. And I'm anything but ready. I don't know how to face him.... without seeing him standing over me with a knife.." I felt my expression soften. I'm happy that he finally actually talked to me, but I just wish I could do more. I don't feel the same way he does. I can't relate. Unlike Liu, whenever I think about Jeff I feel angry and want to punch something. Liu's feeling however. Their haywire.

I didn't know what I needed to say, so I opted on action instead. I gently pushed Liu's head against my chest and wrapped my arms around him. Resting my head on his. I pushed as much comfort I as possibly could in my action. I felt Liu shift so he could hold the folds of my jacket. I took a deep breath before daring to speak. "Listen, I know we have very different views on this. And I don't want to fight like we did before." I felt Liu flinch slightly at the mention of our past fights. I bit my lip and waited a few seconds before continuing. "I don't want to fight you. I understand your feelings are haywire right now. But that may be because of the stress and how fast paced this is all moving. This all may calm down slightly when we reach the mansion. If it does and you decide you want to try and fix things with Jeff. I will support you. If you decide you don't want and to wait or not at all. Once again I will support you." Liu lifted his head and looked me eye to eye. As normal, we didn't need to say anything. We just knew what the other was thinking. I cupped Liu's cheek gently before finishing. "I will support any choice you make, as long as it's yours. But if Jeff does anything, and I mean anything, to hurt you in any shape or form. I will come out and I will beat him. Alright?" Liu smiled slightly in amusement before resting his head against my collarbone. "Thank you Sully, I'll try not to let things get too uncomfortable for you." Liu moved so he could wrap his arms fully around me. I huffed in amusement at his comment and let the world slip away. Sure we leave tomorrow, but let the world be ignored for a little.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for leaving everyone without an update for a little. Life's been hectic and I didn't have the inspiration to actually make a decent chapter. So yeah Liu and Sully got another serious talk, but this time Sully got a lot of the spotlight. He wouldn't get much in the next chapters. So I wanted to give him a bit here. Stay safe and I'll see ya next chapter!