Too close for comfort

INSPIRATION HAS FINALLY STRUCK

Slender's pov:

Well today has certainly been interesting. As expected Liu didn't appear for the rest of the day. I had to deal with an angered Jeffery. And Sully's going to chew me out whenever he gets a chance. 'Thankfully he knows not to appear around Jeff.' Dealing with the explanation and Jeff's reaction to it, it's not something I want to deal with. But for right now, it's just me. Jeff went to bed about half an hour ago. I was just cleaning the remains of dinner. That's when I felt the angered aura behind me. "Not bad on stealth." I commented.

"Did you really think I'd just let that bullshit slide?"

Sully's pov:

As soon as I figured the coast was clear, I went for it. Unsurprisingly, Slender was in the kitchen and that he knew when I was close. I leaned against the wall, not letting Slender's attempt at changing the subject change things. I called him out, and he put the plate he was holding down. "No I figured you'd be upset." I wanted to punch something right then and there. "If you knew then why did you let it happen?" "Because you know as much as I do. Liu needed to be the one to stand up to him." "Oh so sending him a panic attack was intentional!" I was fighting to keep myself from yelling. But my voice did get louder. Slender signaled for me to tone it down. "I apologize. I was hoping that he'd act sooner. But this better in the long run." Every word he said make me want to break something. I was barely keeping my nails from piercing skin, I refrained since if I did, Liu would feel it. "Every move you've made so far has been 'better in the long run'. When in reality there not helping! He's not ready! You know this! Yet you decide to throw him under the bus! If they actually saw each other at the mansion, he'd at least have a chance to get it together! But no!" My voice got progressively louder as I went on. To the point where I may have screwed myself over. Slender growled slightly. "Hide in the cupboard. Jeff heard you." "Shit." I gave it and did what Slender said. I hid one of the cupboards and I felt Slender lean against it.

Jeff's pov:

The first time I heard something. I thought it was my imagination. But the second time, that definitely wasn't it. I got up and tried to find the source of the noise. When I came to the kitchen I found Slender. All by himself. The only other room I haven't checked is Liu's. And I doubt anyone else in there. Besides the voice wasn't like Liu's. "Slender, is everything alright?" "Yes Jeff, everything's fine. Why do you ask?" My eyes narrowed in suspension. "I heard someone and it wasn't you or Liu." Slender looked to be complicating what I told him for a minute. "No one said anything. If there was someone else here, I would have sensed them. And I assure you there's no one else here." My teeth grit in frustration. "I know I heard something." Slender sighed and shook his head before coming over to me. "Jeff, you're probably hearing things. It may be due to the stress. Go back to bed." He slightly pushed me like he would do Sally when she thought she heard someone. I growled slightly but complied. 'Something fishy is going on."

Sully's pov:

Soon after I hide in the cupboard, I heard Liu. He must have heard me yell. 'Liu it's fine. Stay in the room.' If Liu came down saying he also heard something. We'd be screwed. Slender wouldn't be able to cover it up. 'Why? Is everything- oh I get why.... sorry.' I rolled my eyes in amusement. 'Yeah, just stay there.' 'Alright, be careful please..'

Soon enough Jeff came in and started asking questions. From the sounds of it, Slender managed to tell the lie flawlessly. I don't know how he did it, but he did. Jeff bought the lie and went back to well wherever. Slender waited to it's safe and opened the cupboard. He waited till I stood up before continuing. "I understand your concerns. This discussion it over. We don't need another slip-up. He's already suspicious." I wanted to deny, but there's reason in his words. "Fine. It better not happen again."  I warned before sneaking back to Liu's room.