Train Ride prt 2

Liu's pov:

As soon as we sat down on the train, Sully started talking. I blocked out everything else and listened to him. 'So you actually enjoyed that?' 'Kinda.... it was kinda like nothing ever happened. Jeff talking about random things, just like he always did and I'd just listen..' 'So you don't mind being around him?' 'If they're moments like that then maybe.... but it's too early to tell.' 'Oh kay, makes sense. But.... if you do choose to try and patch things up.... you know you're gonna have to tell em.' A drop of dread formed. It'd be hard at the beginning... but after time together.... How would he react? He'd probably be mad that I kept him in the dark, but... what he goes farther? What would he do? 'Liu?' Sully snapped me out of my spiraling thoughts. 'Sorry... was thinking.' 'About?' '.....well.... how do you think Jeff would react.... ya know if we told him?' 'I'm not sure. It could go anyway.' 'Oh..... kay.'

The longer I thought about it... the worse I felt about keeping Jeff in the dark. We have a reason but he doesn't always listen to that. 'What if it's a mistake?' 'I know you don't expect an answer to this but, we have a reason Liu. He'll probably be mad at first, but if he truly cares he'll see why and let it go.' Sully was right, I wasn't expecting a response... but he may be right. 'Yeah.... you have a point. Thanks Sully.'

Jeff's pov:

It's been about an hour. Slender and I have made some small talk throughout but Liu hasn't done anything. "Oh kay... what's up with him? He hasn't moves since he sat down." I point out to Slender. "He probably zoned out." Slender said before going silent. I got up and plopped down beside Liu, he didn't even react. "You still alive?" I said poking his shoulder. Liu jumped slightly when I poked him before looking at me. "What?" "Finally, you did something." I slumped against the seat. Liu looked at me confused. "What are you talking about?" I rolled my eyes annoyed. "You haven't done anything and I mean anything since we sat down. And that was an hour ago." Liu looked at the floor before shrugging. "So what did happen?" Liu just shrugged again. "I was thinking." "About?" I pressed. "Stuff." Liu didn't elaborate. I sighed and gave up. He wasn't going to explain.

Quickly becoming bored, I decided to repeat what we did during our walk, but reversed positions. "Sooo, what have you been up to the past seven years?" I asked stretching all over the seat. I watched Liu out of the corner of my eye. Imendently noticing how he froze. "Umm, nothing too noteworthy actually..." He said, fiddling with the ends of his scarf. "Oh come on. There's got to be something. Especially since you've met the faceless tree over there. How did you meet him by the way?" Liu stiffened. "We just ran into each other...." He said looking out the window. 'Bullshit...' Well I guess he didn't change completely. He still can't look at people when he lies. 'It's good to now he didn't change completely.'

"Liu, if you two just ran into each other, he would have killed you no hesitation." I called him out, slightly annoyed. 'I'm getting really tired of them keeping me in the dark about shit.'  Liu didn't reply right away. "I don't know, he just didn't." I rolled my eyes. "Fine then." I turned to face Slender. "Hey Slender, how did you and Liu meet?"

Slender's pov:

I was more than happy to stay out of this conversation, but of course Jeff decided to pull me in. "I met Liu while I was out one night. I found him interesting and the rest, as you say, is history." I gave a very vague explanation. Half truths. Yes I did meet him while I was out one night. But I left out the fact that he just got out of an asylum at the time. In all reality, I'm not sure of the events that occurred beforehand. It's yet another thing Liu kept me in the dark about. Obvious from my just finding out Liu is Jeff's brother, Liu keeps people in the dark alot. It's not only Jeff. Jeff seemed upset over my equally vague explanation, but didn't press. Only pouting back in his seat. I glanced out of the window. "We should be arriving any minute now."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello my nonexistent readers, I'm not dead yet. Sorry for taking so long to update this story, haven't had the motivation. The first part of this chapter has been in my drafts for awhile now, but I wasn't sure how to finish it without a repeat of things. Well that finally got resolved for now. Hopefully I won't get writers block again for this story, at least for a little.